!#$!#!#$!%#%#

uh, the only thing i can think of right off hand would be to get a scrap piece and cut out the burn spot and cut the piece to match and het an iron and melt it together.

maybe some kind of glue or something to help it.

how far did it go down?

What kind of carpet is it? Size of hole? Do you have any leftover carpet pieces?

Regular carpet isn't hard to patch if you have extra. I have berber in my basement that I put a lot of coal holes in (that was the last time that I will ever smoke over carpet that I own) and I was able to do small patches that weren't even noticeable. Unfortunately, berber is next to impossible to hide larger patches, so I have two places where it's really obvious that something's not right. Makes me wish I had just done lots more little patches.

If you can get a better description or a pic up here, could probably give you some ideas on how to attempt a fix.

I have a question....if this burning the carpet thing is such a big problem, why do people smoke over room-sized carpet?

My point is this- get a carpet remnent, about 3x3 feet and put it under your hookah everytime you smoke. Use a bigger piece if you think you need too. Bathmats from Walmart, welcome mats....whatever you get get your hands on will help cut down (if not stop) burning your parents carpet.

Just a thought...

Harry

QUOTE (HarryTheHookaMaster @ Jan 13 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question....if this burning the carpet thing is such a big problem, why do people smoke over room-sized carpet?

My point is this- get a carpet remnent, about 3x3 feet and put it under your hookah everytime you smoke. Use a bigger piece if you think you need too. Bathmats from Walmart, welcome mats....whatever you get get your hands on will help cut down (if not stop) burning your parents carpet.

Just a thought...

Harry

Duh...... I do smoke over a room sized carpet, but I'm pulling out the carpet this year so I'm not terribly concerned about it. And the only time I've had a coal hit the floor is when an idiot knocked the entire thing over. Seems like buying a rug you can roll up and store is a great idea. Then it even becomes part of the whole ritual of set up.

'Rani

Srsly.
I usually use a spare bathrug from Wal-Mart as my official Hookah Rug after I saw them for sale on some website.
"Hookah rug? Shit, I could get the same thing from the dollar store." But Wal-Mart was closer. I never drop my coals anyway.
Except for the one time this week I didn't pull it out, and dropped a coal. And didn't notice it. Burned straight through the carpet to the wooden floor below. Thank god it's old carpet. We replaced the carpet in all but two rooms in the house, and thankfully this is one of the two to be replaced in spring.

But, yeah. Hookah rugs ftw.

if i smoke inside my parents house, i take the huge welcome mat that they have, flip it over, and put my hookah on that. its got a boatload of burn makrs on the bottom, but they never notice. i think i added like a good 9 or 10 burns in that this weekend (i somehow lost my QT's ashtray... and i use nour round coals....

i do this all the time

get a very shap razor blade (brand new)
hot glue gun
scissors

cut the smallest square possible out around the burn mark (dont cut through the padding)
go into a closet(under sofa) and cut a piece just a tiny bit bigger with the razor sharp knife
trim it very very slowly with the scissor untill it fits perfectly into place.. (keep shoving it in the hole untill your happy with the fitment)
dab hot glue over the bottom surface of the patch that is in your hand
quickly put it into place and allow a few moments for it to dry
use your hand to help "pull" the lil carpet fibers up and around to help hide the seem better

youd never know there were patches there unless i showed you exactly where they were or you knew the general area to be staring for them. Edited by clickhea