Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
zeppyrkr

No Tin Foil :(

so packed up my hookah and planned to break in my new qt, which isnt really a qt cause i have to use my other hookahs base which actually fits quite nice and looks good. but any ways, i forgot the tin foil and we dont have any here, i have nothing, i wish there was a tin foil alternative lol, someone bring me tin foil, grrrrrr.

i remember hearing about some guy that ran out and he used a metal fork to keep the coal off the shisha.

really anything that wont burn or melt would work as long as you could get airflow.

if you are using quicklights use the foil around them.

break a ceramic cup or something!

Someone just run down to the nearest store?

i work at a pitiful little gas station where its one employee here at a time so i cant leave even for a second, and cant get a hold of anyone to get me some, i may have to just wait this one out ..

there is nothing there in the convenience store with foil on it?

i'm sure you can find something!

hell i bet you have slurpy machines!

take out the metal thing on the drip pan!

the thing with holes in it! use that!

QUOTE (PhishPhood @ Jan 12 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I vote unbend paperclips and create a grid overtop the the shisha

+1 for ingenuity. That would probably work.. Must have he hasn't posted back.

no actually we only have a few paper clips and there the colored ones, i still cant seem to find anything, i may wait until my friends off of work and make him buy me some.

Heh. I used to work at a gas station like that, but it was next to a grocery store and I was allowed to take about 40 minutes of my shift away from the booth for a paid lunch and breaks. Anywhere nearby that you could grab some from?

im here by myself and get no breaks, lol my whole day is a break i sit here on the computer and help the occasional customer ... so boring a hookah makes it much better.

QUOTE (zeppyrkr @ Jan 12 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im here by myself and get no breaks, lol my whole day is a break i sit here on the computer and help the occasional customer ... so boring a hookah makes it much better.

Yeah, I used to read books for my entire shift after I'd cleaned up the pumps and taken out the trash. I wish I'd had a laptop back then, but oh well. The breaks and lunch were required by company policy (and law, I think)

get a tin can. rip it apart, bend a piece over the bowl like a screen. punch holes in it.

lol, yeah im pretty sure theres a law about that but i cant complain its just so damn easy.

mushrat im liking that idea Edited by zeppyrkr

wait i found some in my hookah stuff its all krinkled though? is this going to make a big difference or no?

Nope. Just smooth it out as much as you can (take care not to tear it!) and use it. You'll be fine.

yay, finally hookah time, smile.gif unfortunately i dont think im getting full potentional out of the qt with this other base, can't wait to get a new base ohh yeah called the shop and they said they would replace it.

well, just got done, i only packed a half bowl, lasted a good 35mins, hookah-hookah passion fruit. well ill have to try a full bowl out now, hmm what to smoke? Edited by zeppyrkr

glad you found some foil, though I bet my idea woulda worked, now it'll take soem other poor desperate bastard to find out... cool.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 14 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
glad you found some foil, though I bet my idea woulda worked, now it'll take soem other poor desperate bastard to find out... cool.gif

Actually, that might not be a bad re-usable substitute for crappy screens.

I was looking around on a German forum yesterday and there were pictures of what this guy did when he didn't have foil. He went outside and grabbed a handfull of rocks off the ground. He rinsed them off and then put them on top of the tobacco. They were big enough so that a good air flow could pass through them and still keep the charcoal off of the tobacco. He said it took about 10 minutes of puffing to get it to start smoking, but that's only because the rocks take longer to get hot. He said that it smoked like a CHAMP after that though. So if you're ever there, grab some rocks, rinse em off, and smoke away.

hmm..look out for exploding rocks but thats a GREAT idea actually....ahh those Germans... cool.gif