How To Tell Authentic Starbuzz?

Hi - I just bought a tin of 250g of STarbuzz - and the tin wasn't sealed, though it had a sealed bag inside -- im not sure if thats normal. also, the bag of tobacco sealed, didnt have any prints on it or sticker, not sure if there was suppose to be a sticker on the tobacco bag.

Thanks!

QUOTE (ju421019 @ Jan 8 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi - I just bought a tin of 250g of STarbuzz - and the tin wasn't sealed, though it had a sealed bag inside -- im not sure if thats normal. also, the bag of tobacco sealed, didnt have any prints on it or sticker, not sure if there was suppose to be a sticker on the tobacco bag.

Thanks!

it comes from the same factory so you really cant tell...whats the dif, its still the same tobacco.

I buy Starbuzz all the time and the tins are never sealed. However, the bag is always printed with the Starbuzz logo. If it has the correct label and the printed bag inside, I'd say you have the real deal.

'Rani

I didn't have that - it was just a generic bag with tobacco - no printing no label on the bag.

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jan 9 2008, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I buy Starbuzz all the time and the tins are never sealed. However, the bag is always printed with the Starbuzz logo. If it has the correct label and the printed bag inside, I'd say you have the real deal.

'Rani

Interesting. I'm thinking a swap by the retailer to jyyp some unknowing customer.... Perhaps it is an older batch/newer batch. I haven't bought SB in a while so I need to see if that inner baggie does have the logo printed on.

I contacted the supplier I bought it from - they told me they never check if the bag has the Starbuzz logo or not. They said they cannot help me and will research their other stock

I feel like I've lost a large some of money on this one. I'm wondering if I can get some help from you all, am thinking of mentioning the retailer, a popular one on the boards. Edited by ju421019

I buy semi-large quantities of starbuzz for the lounge, I can't ever recall seeing a logo or anyting else printed on the can. And the tins are never sealed. I'll go check my stock when i get to work tomorrow. Methinks you may be worrying about nothing...

QUOTE (ju421019 @ Jan 8 2008, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I contacted the supplier I bought it from - they told me they never check if the bag has the Starbuzz logo or not. They said they cannot help me and will research their other stock

I feel like I've lost a large some of money on this one. I'm wondering if I can get some help from you all, am thinking of mentioning the retailer, a popular one on the boards.

Have you tried smoking it? None of the tins I've purchased from local retailers have any logos on the bag, but they've all smoked just fine. Edited by Ralleac

ive had this happen to me too.

on the left is starbuzz orange, on the right is a bag of "starbuzz" White peach. It came in a starbuzz container and both came in the same order from hookah-shisha. The non labeled bag contains TONS of little stems and some bigger stems, while the one in the starbuzz labeled bag contains very few stems

Edited by Mutter

I've had both styles of bags with the same flavors. My last mango batch had the blank bag, whereas my first mango batch had the logo and all. but they both smelled and smoked the same.... I think there were a couple of stems in the last batch, but I wasn't worried, still delicious.

The tins are never sealed from the factory, so that someone interested in it can smell the tobacco by opening the tin before purchasing it. However it does come in both bags, I'm not sure why, it might have something to do with printing and trying to get rid of bags they bought at different times, i don't know but the clear bag and the one with the logo are both authentic

Even though they are our one of our biggest competitors, I will say that anything you buy from Hookah-shisha is not fake Edited by Social Smoke

Yeah apperantly the newer batches of starbuzz are starting to come with a logo bag...chances are you must have gotten an older production batch. Its still fresh because its sealed, so no worries.

but the can being sealed is unheard of to me.... dont worry to much,,,if feels right, looks right, smells right, smokes right, then it must be right.

i have only had a ogo on my plastic with Fuzzy Naval. With my pumpkin pie and Irish cream though there was no label. But the Irish Cream was dry and terrible....and the pumpkin pie was dry but good after i honeyed it....

alright then, all 3 or 4 of mine have had the bag with the logo.

and the little 100g bags i got from SS had little label stickers like the mailing kind on them with the flavor.

P.S. dont get the little bags, 3/5 of them were yucky.

yup i was right. Also the old bags with out starbuzz logo...are exactly like the Skybuzz bags....cuz it come from the same factory..so starbuzz put the new bags on them with a logo to diffrentiate and justify the heavy price you pay. thats just my 2 cents.
[/quote]

Actually a year or so ago, all starbuzz tins had logo on the bags... then they kind of went away and now they are coming back.

ams, You keep saying that Skyzzz and Starbuzz is the same tobacco... I think everyone has heard your claim... why not let let the public decide? It seams kind of unethical for someone that is somehow connected or trying to be connected to skyzz to be bashing its competition in every other post. Notice how I'm not knocking one product to make another one look good? To each their own...

[/quote]

O so true.

Yeah I bought it from hookah shisha - the reason I questioned it to begin with was because X on the Beach tasted like crap - then i noticed the plain bag - hookahshisha told me the same thing that they have both, with logo and without. Regardless, I think I got a old bad batch.

Dude relax. Starbuzz is very distinct. Unless it looks weird you are fine. The can are not sealed. Its like someone else said Its so we can let customers smell it. As for the bags they have printed and unprinted. I am sure when you get a batch with unprinted its because they ran out of printed bags. Can`t hold up production waiting for bags so they use the unprinted ones.

So make a bowl relax and enjoy that bowl.

Remeber Hookah is relaxing if you are stressing then you are not enjoying Hookah. Edited by The Devils Playground

QUOTE (The Devils Playground @ Jan 10 2008, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude relax. Starbuzz is very distinct. Unless it looks weird you are fine. The can are not sealed. Its like someone else said Its so we can let customers smell it. As for the bags they have printed and unprinted. I am sure when you get a batch with unprinted its because they ran out of printed bags. Can`t hold up production waiting for bags so they use the unprinted ones.

So make a bowl relax and enjoy that bowl.

Remeber Hookah is relaxing if you are stressing then you are not enjoying Hookah.

I have havent bashed starbuzz, but i know about them, and i offer my knowledge about them. I have always liked starbuzz, and i still smoke some of thier stuff... i havent sold skyzzz here on this site, yes i am close to them because I smoke alot of thier stuff. The only tme i did bash starbuzz was about the claim of where its made and its overpriced, but the product itself is great.

am I the only one kinda sick of ams talking about skybuzz? Not to be a dick or anything but you have 60 wall posts and I bet you 75 percent of them are about skybuzz being the same as starbuzz! No one cares, and no one is really going to buy skybuzz for the simple reason tht some of the vendors tried talking to your wholesaler friend and he kept tryin to haggle prices.

Why some may think this is fine, I will tell yuo why it is not!

Let's take our friend Eric for example. No matter who you are, how much you order from him, or under any other circumstance a distributor will pay the exact same price for tangiers tobacco (shipping may be 1 or 2 dollars different but besides the point). Now there is no way someone can really undercut the market b/c they are all paying the same price to get it and won't make jack shit if they try to undercut it. Now Eric could also start selling his tobacco himself, but it is not a good thing to do when you will lose all of your wholesale customers, and tht is why he doesnt sell his tobacco himself.. jus a good business practice. Now if skybuzz guy wants to go anywhere with his tobacco he has to figure some shit out, even if it pisses off a few of his current customers. Set a price tht is the same for anyone. And ams I still think that the two brands are not a like. I don;t even really like starbuzz at all, for more reasons then one (tastes weird, plus unrelated business practices) but i will back them up that they have nothing to do with skybuzz. they are not made at the same place, its jus not the same. Its a knockoff if anything..

edit: I am really hungover, so if there are spelling errors, deal with it! Edited by ASUSEAN1

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jan 10 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
am I the only one kinda sick of ams talking about skybuzz? Not to be a dick or anything but you have 60 wall posts and I bet you 75 percent of them are about skybuzz being the same as starbuzz! No one cares, and no one is really going to buy skybuzz for the simple reason tht some of the vendors tried talking to your wholesaler friend and he kept tryin to haggle prices.

Why some may think this is fine, I will tell yuo why it is not!

Let's take our friend Eric for example. No matter who you are, how much you order from him, or under any other circumstance a distributor will pay the exact same price for tangiers tobacco (shipping may be 1 or 2 dollars different but besides the point). Now there is no way someone can really undercut the market b/c they are all paying the same price to get it and won't make jack shit if they try to undercut it. Now Eric could also start selling his tobacco himself, but it is not a good thing to do when you will lose all of your wholesale customers, and tht is why he doesnt sell his tobacco himself.. jus a good business practice. Now if skybuzz guy wants to go anywhere with his tobacco he has to figure some shit out, even if it pisses off a few of his current customers. Set a price tht is the same for anyone. And ams I still think that the two brands are not a like. I don;t even really like starbuzz at all, for more reasons then one (tastes weird, plus unrelated business practices) but i will back them up that they have nothing to do with skybuzz. they are not made at the same place, its jus not the same. Its a knockoff if anything..

edit: I am really hungover, so if there are spelling errors, deal with it!

thats great, your entitled to your opinion views. i respect that