Masah Tobacco

Johnny_D

Post your reviews below for Masah Flavours. This includes all Lines and Varieties. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Masah Flavour.

Masah White Grape!

Smell/Flavor:
Has a smell not dissimilar to the Layalina and/or AF grapes, but slightly watered down - This is not a complaint or negative it's just a different smell and flavour. The Flavour stays good for a good 2hr session. It's not overpowering, but it's not too feint either. A Good balance!

Cut: Very fine, not unlike my beloved layalina. Not as wet as Layalina, but it has a nice juicy feel to it.

Smoke: Really Thick Clouds with Lots of flavour

Buzz: No real Buzz. But i'm used to tobacco.

Duration: 2Hours without any problems. Flavour was consistant throughout.

Coals used : 1st Hour Exotica, 2nd Hour Japanese silver light (Easy Lights)

Nargile used :- Standard Egyptian [My Che Guevara hookah]

JD

8.5/10 This is a damn good tobacco. It's brilliant. One of the best from the UK Market.

• 2 months later...
Al - Masah Grape

Smell/Flavor: Smell is quite strong, its a mix of something else but just cant get it to my head. The flavour was really good...could have smoked it for long without any harshness but was in a hurry.

Cut: fine, not too wet but good enough. Not as wet as Layalina though.

Smoke: I took normal puffs at first and got some normal clouds but with long pulls...big clouds!

Buzz: Very little just light headed.

Duration: About 35mins as i was in a hurry

Coals used :1 Swift Lite Excelsior Charcoal

Hookah used : Mya Bambino with cold water.

Overall : 8/10!

Al Masah Cherry: Picked this up in an Iranian shop in london High street kensington, they only stocked fake AF and al masah so thought id give masah a smoke:P

Smell/Flavor:
I loved the flavour of this! 1 of the best cherrys i have ever smoked even better than the real Al fakher cherry no joke has a strong flavour and for the smell, it was a strong cheapish kind of cherry smell

Cut: Juicy dripping with flavour not too many stems

Smoke: Thick smoke produced reasonable clouds

Buzz: For some reason didnt really get a buzz out of this only a little bit

Duration: 1 hr but think it could last more then got lazy couldnt be asked to light some more coals

Coals used :
Abo alabed syrian coal

Overall: i give it an 8/10 for a pleasant decent smoke:D

Shisha used :- My medium size Egyptian shisha

Al Masah Mint: Picked this up in this arab newsagents for £5

Smell/Flavor:
Strong mint smell and had a great mint taste and you could feel the mint down your throat its like eating a wrigleys chewing gum

Cut:
Really wet dripping with mint flavoured liquid made a messdry.gif

Smoke:
Thick smoke produced reasonable clouds

Buzz: A nice relaxing buzz Hookah.gif

Duration: smoked for about 30 mins taste could probley last longer

Coals used :
Abo alabed syrian coal

Overall: i give it an 8/10 a good mint flavour worth a try

Shisha used :- My rotating double hose egyptian hookah

Al Masah Apple: Tried this a few times around my freinds house but he first brought it around mine

Smell/Flavor:
The smell had a nice apple scent. The flavour was good smoke stayed smooth and had and a nice apple taste not too strong not too light just right wink.gif

Cut:
We both opened it and it was drippy and really wet again it made a mess lol dry.gif

Smoke:
Medium smoke and smooth

Duration: smoked for about 30-40 mins enjoyed it

Coals used :
Abo alabed syrian coal

Overall: i give it an 7/10 a nice apple flavour

Shisha used :- My freinds al amir egyptian hookah

• 1 month later...
Al Masah Banana: Picked up 250grams of this for £7.00 at one of the local arabic shops

Smell/Flavor: I liked the smell good fruity banana scent best banana flavour i ever tasted tongue.gif liked it more than nakhla and al fakher banana due to its smooth nice taste

Cut: Quite messy all al masah comes in a solid kind of lump that you break up this cut was a fine 1 not over 250grams or under was a juicy cut and quite wet laugh.gif

Smoke:
Thick smooth smoke i loved it

Duration: smoked for about 30 mins then changed the flavour

Coals used :
Abo alabed syrian coal

Overall: i give it a 8.5/10 i loved the taste and smooth smoke i recommend this tobacco very nice you can get it at yalgo.com

Shisha used :- My Khalil Mamoon egyptian hookah

• 3 months later...
[quote name='Iranianshishasmoker' date='May 19 2008, 04:02 PM' post='252585']
Al Masah Jack(mixed) fruit: Picked up 250grams of this for £7.00 at one of the local arabic shops

Smell/Flavor: Really bad smell like vomit and feet tasted very bad

Cut: wet good cut

Smoke:
Me and my freind smoked this stuff for like 1 min and couldnt take anymore

Buzz: N/A

Duration: 1 min then almost sick

Coals used :
Abo alabed syrian coal

Overall: I give this 0/10 i duno maybe i gota bad batch but the shisha wasnt past the sellbuy date and was so shit i hated it and all my freinds did a waste of money and worst shisha i have smoked Al Masahs a great brand but i duno they let me down this time

Shisha used :- My mates Khalil Mamoon egyptian hookah rotator

• 2 weeks later...
Al Masah White Grape

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Tangiers Medium Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynold HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut, a few stems, red dye but not swimming in it, just like JD's pics
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Small Grape smell
Taste: Light grape taste, but good more natural taste
Smoke: Great clouds through out
Buzz: Mild Buzz
Duration: 1 Hour and smoking strong!

Purchased From: hookahshop.co.uk

Overall: 8/10 First off, thrilled to be the first US boy to review this stuff. Taste wasn't amazing but a good grape flavor. Probably would order some more if it ever hits our shores. Waiting and paying for it just isn't worth it to me, but it's a good tobacco.

• 2 months later...
Al Masah Red Bull

Smell/Flavor: This tobacco smells very similar to red bull and tastes like red bull/cherry soda. It makes for a pleasant smoke.

Cut: The tobacco is cut small/medium. Red dye up the yin yang.

Smoke: Not the thickest clouds I have ever produced but thick none the less.

Buzz: Lite Buzz

Duration: I put it down at 1 hour.

Coals used : 2 coconaras with a piece of nour to finish it off.

Nargile used : KM Old School (Precision but smaller)

All in all I am pleased with this flavor and will score it a 9 out of 10. If you don't like Red Bull, you will not like this tobacco. If you do like Red Bull, you will be all over this stuff.

Al Masah Jack Fruit

I had the same setup as above. Do yourself a favor and avoid this flavor. It's around that same level of nastiness as Pharoah's Sex on the Beach. The smell is very unique and the taste is very gag worthy. It is a rare thing when I cut the session short at 15 minutes. I am not going to give a number rating to this tobacco, but I absolutely have no desire to ever smoke or see this flavor from Al Masah ever again!!!

• 11 months later...
AL MASAH Pina Colada.

Package shows a picture of a pineapple, coconut and cherry. Mfg in
August 2008, says .05 nicotine, .00 tar. Made in Egypt. I got the free 50g box as a sample from a local shop. Normally it retails here for 1/4 kd (about $1.75USD)

Set up: Large Syrian pipe, fillled with cold water, standard Egyptian clay bowl, new fuzzy hose, 3 coconaras.

Appearance: Course cut, few stems, very dry. Came wrapped in plastic, inside another plastic bag inside a plastic wrapped cardboard box. Package has some minor leakage. The tobacco is a hard, dry lump but once I fluffed it up with a fork it packed pretty well. I was not happy with the lack of juice but again, this package was a little leaky.

Smell: Pleasant and strong of pineapple and slightly of cherry.

Taste: First recognize pineapple (tangy and sweet), then a weaker taste of cherry and coconut. Mild and pleasant, not overly sweet. It has a good balance of the three flavors. Taste is more "candylike" than fresh fruit. Taste stayed strong thru 1 hour and 35 minutes of smoking, then died out.

Smoke: Strong, billowy dense clouds of smoke.

Buzz: NONE

Overall: I would give it a 8/10. It was tasty, pleasant and gave good smoke. I would probably buy it again in a larger quantity, it would be nice to have in your stash for when you want a milder smoke. I have never smoked straight pineapple before, am not a fan of coconut, but this is a nice balance.

• 3 weeks later...
AL MASAH Red Power
Mfg 4/08, 50g free sample package from local vendor, normally retails for 1/4 kd, which is about $1.75 US.

Set up: 28" Syrian with egyptian baked glazed bowl. Three coconaras with aluminum foil screen. Ice water in the base.

Appearance: Dark red medium cut tobacco, few stems but not overly stemmy. Not as juicy as Layalina or AF, juice is really thick.

Smell: JUST like the drink, Red Bull. Sweet, tart, citrusy.

Smoke: Good smoke, about average. Taste of the smoke is amazing, mimics Red Bull the drink SPOT ON! Citrusy, sweet but not overly so, undertones of tangy--grapefruit or cranberry? Very refreshing smoke, light and pleasant.

Duration: Lasted about 2 1/2 hours, died immediately.

Overall: I would give this one a 10/10 and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a really fresh tasting, not too sweet fruity and original flavor.

• 1 year later...
[size="4"]Al - Masah [/size][size="4"]Black Devil[/size]

Smell/Flavor: Smell's like Play-Doh, Tasted like.. you guessed it..PLAYDOH.. Yuck.. disgusting.

Cut: fine, not too wet but good enough. Not as dry as AF or Nakh.. some big stems.

Smoke: Really weak for the time I smoked it

Buzz: Not much

Duration: 10 mins.. it was too disgusting to continue

Coals used :1 Golden QL, split in half

Hookah used : Sapphire 14" hookah with cold water.

Overall : Threw the bowl and packet out.. do NOT buy this crap!! Stick with the RedBull flavor if you [i]must[/i] try Al Masah. Black Devil [size="3"]Indeed![/size]

[quote name='Jesse' timestamp='1301334093' post='503314']
[size="4"]Al - Masah [/size][size="4"]Black Devil[/size]

Smell/Flavor: Smell's like Play-Doh, Tasted like.. you guessed it..PLAYDOH.. Yuck.. disgusting.

Cut: fine, not too wet but good enough. Not as dry as AF or Nakh.. some big stems.

Smoke: Really weak for the time I smoked it

Buzz: Not much

Duration: 10 mins.. it was too disgusting to continue

Coals used :1 Golden QL, split in half

Hookah used : Sapphire 14" hookah with cold water.

Overall : Threw the bowl and packet out.. do NOT buy this crap!! Stick with the RedBull flavor if you [i]must[/i] try Al Masah. Black Devil [size="3"]Indeed![/size]
[/quote]

Noted.