? About The Tangiers Funnel

I have a small Tangiers funnel with a tealight scalli mod and I am using exotica coals.
How full do you pack it if your not using tangiers?
Do you need the mod/ does it do anything besides save shisha?
Do you pack it down or do you pack it in loosely?
It is getting harsh no matter what I do (I am moving the coals around) does that mean I pack it to high because it is touching the foil?
Any advice for the funnel?

I've never used a mod. According to Tangiers you really only need it if you aren't packing the bowl to the top. No matter what tobacco you use.

I pack the phunnel down hard no matter if it's tangiers tobacco or some other brand. No matter hwat brand I am using i pack it to the top.

If it's hharsh, you may be using too much heat. No matter how much heat you are used to using for a particular tobacco, you will find you use less using a phunnel. Atleast in my experience.

Sound like you may need to experiment a little with you heat control.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 4 2008, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never used a mod. According to Tangiers you really only need it if you aren't packing the bowl to the top. No matter what tobacco you use.

I pack the phunnel down hard no matter if it's tangiers tobacco or some other brand. No matter hwat brand I am using i pack it to the top.

If it's hharsh, you may be using too much heat. No matter how much heat you are used to using for a particular tobacco, you will find you use less using a phunnel. Atleast in my experience.

Sound like you may need to experiment a little with you heat control.

mush when you say u pack it down hard, you mean u actually stand there and press it down HARD?

even with tobacco like starbuzz/tonic?

When i pack starbuzz and tonic into a phunnel i press it down enough to remove any gaps (as opposed to fluffing it). I don't pack it all the way to the top, usually just high enough so that it's not touching the foil... and I use either 4 pieces of the Japanese-style Easy Light coals or 3 pieces of the 3 Kings Quick-lights. This usually works out great for me, giving solid 3 hour sessions, however with Tangiers I find I have to cut down the heat a bit, and I have yet to perfect a method for it.