Skybuzz The Truth

like where it is packaged.. not made. maybe im thinking of fumari... whatever.. i still don't believe that starbuzz and skybuzz is the same

btw, the basement is a shitty hookah bar,. that guy spent way to much money on something thats not going to harvest him a profit

if u want to smoke starbuzz in Chi then go to dhuwan.. they have it now.. Edited by ASUSEAN1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, I'm with you. Sorry Sean!

Yer, It's an interesting development. I wonder if a lot of the importers just buy a base tobacco and then 'make up' the flavours and just add it within the U.S. ? [1]

Just a thought.

JD

[1] - Apart from Tangiers. We know this is cooked and made from scratch within the U.S.

Call Jaffar at Al Amir at 313 582 1112, he can answer any questions for you.

Starbuzz and Skybuzz both come from the same factory, Starbuzz has put a misrepresentation on thier cans saying its from California. I think because they may package the items in california, they claim its produced thier which is a mis leading.

I do not work for and I am not a vendor of Skybuzz. I do purchase large amounts, and send out referals to Jaffar at Al-Amir. Because of this, and the relationship I have with them,,,I am currently working on getting a distributor/vendor deal with them. I will announce it officially to everyone when I get this status. Right now I just an avid smoker like everyone else.

I know that one of the members here is working on doing a video comparison of different tobaccos, and he is considering to put starbuzz against skybuzz.

anyways hit me up, and happy new years

(shrug) Six of one, half dozen of the other.

In my opinion:

Buy what you like and what works for you, regardless of who makes it or the cost - even the most expensive shisha is still only running about $2.00 a bowl. My personal new favorite is Fusion. (Sorry Eric.) The flavors are as solid as Starbuzz and less chemical tasting to me, it's a few dollars cheaper than Starbuzz, it's not remotely heat sensitive and it's unwashed. Cha-ching!

I would approach Skybuzz like simply another shisha to try. And continue buying if I like it.

'Rani

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jan 1 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(shrug) Six of one, half dozen of the other.

In my opinion:

Buy what you like and what works for you, regardless of who makes it or the cost - even the most expensive shisha is still only running about $2.00 a bowl. My personal new favorite is Fusion. (Sorry Eric.) The flavors are as solid as Starbuzz and less chemical tasting to me, it's a few dollars cheaper than Starbuzz, it's not remotely heat sensitive and it's unwashed. Cha-ching!

I would approach Skybuzz like simply another shisha to try. And continue buying if I like it.

'Rani

I agree. however if they actually were the same, maybe cash strapped folk like students (tongue.gif) would rather have it than pay more for SB. IMO the original is always the best though.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jan 1 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mathuv @ Jan 1 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jan 1 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it's an Al amir product, so it's far to say that anyone who sells Al Amir could stock it.

Also the skybuzztobacco.com looks like a parked domain... And the alamirusa website does not even stock Al Amir...

Something is fishy here gentlemen.

My thoughts exactly when i checked out the two sites. I exepcted al amir to carry al amir shisha not layalina or nakhla huh.gif And I was wondering why skybuzztobacco was parked too....maybe its like certain designer clothes and chinese factories, part of the clothes manufactured would have a name brand label sewn on whilst the rest would be generic stuff, same stuff, different label and prices.. thats my 2c (2 euro cents now tongue.gif )

Yer your right - Kinda...

that works if your making a direct knock-off. But this is not. Starbuzz might not like it, but it's not a knockoff - It's an alternative that looks very much like it...

English Copyright laws would probably hold out that Skybuzz would be the wrong side of the law. [1]
However I cannot comment on American Copyright laws or how they are affected by something made in a foreign country! It's not clean-cut i would suggest.

So there is no reason to park the Website or name at this time.

JD

[1] - The Tin, The Style of the Tin. The method of naming flavours to give 3 examples of where UK law would support copyright infrigement.

Speaking of Copyright law, wouldnt Starbuzz be essentially also in the wrong against Starbucks? Usually, if there is even a CLOSE pronunciation in the wording on the brand, the original manufacturer or store or whatever would sue the crap out of the one that sounded close to it. Hell, I'm surprised that Starbuzz is surviving, given the strong pricetag. Yea, they have a ton of flavors, but it better be worth the price per smoke. I saw it in a gift shop/hookah shop here locally and they were selling it for 25 bucks a tin and I couldnt justify the price to buy it. They were selling Tonic also at that price. With the lack-luster reviews on it, I couldnt justify that price for Tonic either. If Starbuzz is made here in the states (California specifically), I would suck it up and buy it just to support a local manufacturer, they gotta survive, too.

Heres what doesn't make sense to me. If this guys Jaffar, or whoever started Skybuzz wanted to make a legitimate respectable tobacco brand then why not package/name it something different. With a name like Skybuzz the only thing I think is cheap knockoff. Even if its just as good as Starbuzz theres no reason to spoof their name or packaging. For that reason alone Id never consider the stuff...oh and also because no one seems to sell it. Geeeeeeeeeeee I wonder why?

Hmm, i don't really understand why this is a big deal here....

So basically Starbuzz=Tonic=Skybuzz.... Just at different prices and flavors.

SO if they are all the same.... Why not try them all out....if you like it.. buy more...

This is over our heads.. there's no reason why any of us should be debating this. Unless one of us is a Lawyer who's part of a giant Shisha law-suit? No? Anyone? Yeah didn't think so.

So Tonic is a rip-off of Starbuzz. It's been stated that it is made in the same factory in Jordan as SB. SO just beacuse Taqseem Hookahs came out wiht it, it's legit, because he's a great vendor and a couple of us happen to like his Stargates (not many of us im afraid). So automatically it's legit.

....BUT....

When Skybuzz (not exactly new news AT ALL) comes around, everyone flips a bitch and says it's fake, but no one even knows. If he says it's made in the same place as Starbuzz, and it's Starbuzz... Taqseem basically said the same about Tonic. The only difference is an official retailer didn't come on here and shout out "NEW SKYBUZZ TOBACCO! I WILL BE SENDING OUT FREE SAMPLES!".

Ams may just be some guy that thinks Skybuzz is the shit. SO that's great. ANd he wants to tell us all about it cause he knows it's cheaper and the same quality as SB. He's trying to help a brutha out. We don't have to jump down his throat for it. Jesus.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Jan 1 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ams may just be some guy that thinks Skybuzz is the shit. SO that's great. ANd he wants to tell us all about it cause he knows it's cheaper and the same quality as SB. He's trying to help a brutha out. We don't have to jump down his throat for it. Jesus.

thanks bro, I do think its the shit..because it costs me half as much of what people pay for starbuzz. And yes i want to spread the love, and i also gripe about how people pay so much money for a hookah, when hole in the wall middle eastern stores sell things for dirt cheap..(see my other post..i ranted about it). I just strongly feel against being ripped off, and feel i need to let others know.

i wasnt getting at his throat about it, but it does become kind of an annoyance when its the only thing a person posts about.

thats my beef, i have nothing wrong with a person supporting a product like he does, but he seriously needs to post about other things then skybuzz.

quick edit

yes i know hes posting about other stuff now, but that wasnt the case when i first complained about him. Edited by Canon

QUOTE (Foos @ Jan 2 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres what doesn't make sense to me. If this guys Jaffar, or whoever started Skybuzz wanted to make a legitimate respectable tobacco brand then why not package/name it something different. With a name like Skybuzz the only thing I think is cheap knockoff. Even if its just as good as Starbuzz theres no reason to spoof their name or packaging. For that reason alone Id never consider the stuff...oh and also because no one seems to sell it. Geeeeeeeeeeee I wonder why?

+1

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jan 1 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Foos @ Jan 2 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1

He's not... from around here.... wink.gif

This brand is most probably a fake of starbuzz, The people in the German forums say its the same guy who sold Fake Al Fakher and possibly Fake Nakhla. If these claims are true I bet you the guy has visited this forum and probably reading up on what were saying. Edited by amnite

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Jan 1 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, then fuck this shit. Cause fake AF just SMELLS like an asshole. I can't imagine how it smokes... i'm too scared to find out.

Actually Ive tried 4 knock off AF's. 2 of them were damn good and both lemon and one grape.

EDIT-4 knock off's as in 4 diff looking packages. Edited by boulderkid303

Hello All,

We like to clarify that Tonic is not connected with any other brands out there. In fact it is NOT made in the same factory as other similar shisha like some claim. What ever is going on between Star and Sky has nothing to do with Tonic. Those 2 products are similar in design!!!

Tonic shisha has been in development for 3 years. The Tin we used is available in the market from the time we started developing Tonic. We have even decided on that Tin 3 years ago but put the project on-hold because of the development of Stargate Hookah. Tonic was always on the road-map until finally released in August 07.

So please do not refer to Tonic as knockoff because of the packaging. It is totally different then other shisha. With its own personality, quality and flavor.

We also like to take this as an opportunity to announce the following new flavors from Tonic:
WILD BERRY MINT
IRISH CREAM
EXOTIC WHITE PEACH
MIAMI VICE COCKTAIL
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA
EXOTIC AMARETTO
EXOTIC LOLLIPOP
LEMON SPLASH
JELLO SHOTS

Thank you for the support throughout the years.

QUOTE (TaqseemHookahs @ Jan 1 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello All,

We like to clarify that Tonic is not connected with any other brands out there. In fact it is NOT made in the same factory as other similar shisha like some claim. What ever is going on between Star and Sky has nothing to do with Tonic. Those 2 products are similar in design!!!

Tonic shisha has been in development for 3 years. The Tin we used is available in the market from the time we started developing Tonic. We have even decided on that Tin 3 years ago but put the project on-hold because of the development of Stargate Hookah. Tonic was always on the road-map until finally released in August 07.

So please do not refer to Tonic as knockoff because of the packaging. It is totally different then other shisha. With its own personality, quality and flavor.

We also like to take this as an opportunity to announce the following new flavors from Tonic:
WILD BERRY MINT
IRISH CREAM
EXOTIC WHITE PEACH
MIAMI VICE COCKTAIL
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA
EXOTIC AMARETTO
EXOTIC LOLLIPOP
LEMON SPLASH
JELLO SHOTS

Thank you a TON for clarifying that. I hope your Irish Cream is way better than SB's (it sucks balls actually). I look forward to buying my first tin of Tonic very soon. hehe Tin of Tonic.

QUOTE (TaqseemHookahs @ Jan 1 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WILD BERRY MINT
IRISH CREAM
EXOTIC WHITE PEACH
MIAMI VICE COCKTAIL
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA
EXOTIC AMARETTO
EXOTIC LOLLIPOP
LEMON SPLASH
JELLO SHOTS

I am actually smoking wild berry mint as we speak, thats strange cuz i believe starbuzz and skybuzz both offer majority of those flavors......interesting. I have not even heard about Tonic before, and I really dont know much about them. I guess Ill have to try out tonic to see for myself and see really is it the same or is it different.