Skybuzz The Truth

I heard about it, my freinds have been there many times and brought back tons of tobacco. We even did a double blind study at hookah bar in chicago (the basement). And not one could tell the difference. There are many hookah lounges, that will say they serve starbuzz, but actually serve skybuzz. How do I know......lets just say there are 4 lounges here in chicago, and i happen to know the owners and I get to walk around the back and see things for myself, plus my other buddies told them and sent them to Dearborn MI.

I finally decided to go myself. So I went to Dearborn, MI. He told me the truth behind Starbuzz. THey make a claim that thier product and tobacco are produced and packaged in California. The gentleman I spoke to (who i will not name), said Starbuzz gets thier tobacco in Jordan, from the same factory that produces the tobacco for Skybuzz. Infact ITS THE SAME TOBACCO, and THE SAME FLAVORS.

Currently Starbuzz is trying to sue them for using the name BUZZ, and there may be a countersuit in process because of its false claim of it being produced in California.

Bottom line...they have everysingle flavor that starbuzz has, and its the SAME. And they sell it alot cheaper then what Starbuzz sells for. So i went just couple days ago..(the first time i went was 3 months ago). And to my surprise they have started now carrying flavors which starbuzz is not carrying now and have expanded thier line. I spoke to the gentleman, he was nice and gave me a really really good deal.

I am not here to advertise or anything like that at all...its just that i have heard people bash Skybuzz and i want to clear that up...if you dont believe me i suggest if your near dearborn MI, go check it out yourself..email me to find out the location..oh and stores in chicago are gonna be carrying it on the shelves soon...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to believe anything coming from a person with 1 post.

How should we trust you?

QUOTE (ams @ Dec 31 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard about it, my freinds have been there many times and brought back tons of tobacco. We even did a double blind study at hookah bar in chicago (the basement). And not one could tell the difference. There are many hookah lounges, that will say they serve starbuzz, but actually serve skybuzz. How do I know......lets just say there are 4 lounges here in chicago, and i happen to know the owners and I get to walk around the back and see things for myself, plus my other buddies told them and sent them to Dearborn MI.

I finally decided to go myself. So I went to Dearborn, MI. He told me the truth behind Starbuzz. THey make a claim that thier product and tobacco are produced and packaged in California. The gentleman I spoke to (who i will not name), said Starbuzz gets thier tobacco in Jordan, from the same factory that produces the tobacco for Skybuzz. Infact ITS THE SAME TOBACCO, and THE SAME FLAVORS.

Currently Starbuzz is trying to sue them for using the name BUZZ, and there may be a countersuit in process because of its false claim of it being produced in California.

Bottom line...they have everysingle flavor that starbuzz has, and its the SAME. And they sell it alot cheaper then what Starbuzz sells for. So i went just couple days ago..(the first time i went was 3 months ago). And to my surprise they have started now carrying flavors which starbuzz is not carrying now and have expanded thier line. I spoke to the gentleman, he was nice and gave me a really really good deal.

I am not here to advertise or anything like that at all...its just that i have heard people bash Skybuzz and i want to clear that up...if you dont believe me i suggest if your near dearborn MI, go check it out yourself..email me to find out the location..oh and stores in chicago are gonna be carrying it on the shelves soon...

Well givin this is your first post and you just joined today i'm a bit skeptical. Than again i wouln't disclaim it, IMO starbuzz is over priced. Bland flavors, and i get a kick when people buy 60+ dollars of it. But its up to the smoker, its your palate if you like it then smoke it. If not then dont buy it. I personally love nakhla its cheap easy and yummy but thats just me. I bet you work fro skybuzz tongue.gif jk but yea.

no profile information at all and seems like a guilty conscience "im not here to ..." Seems a bit off to me. definitely smell an advertiser.

edit: reported just to be safe. if no one is advertising than its not a big deal. Edited by thecoalition

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Dec 31 2007, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no profile information at all and seems like a guilty conscience "im not here to ..." Seems a bit off to me. definitely smell an advertiser.

edit: reported just to be safe. if no one is advertising than its not a big deal.

Thats a good idea, let JD look over it, he makes good desisions.

As for the post, I think that if this were true, we would have already known of this, or at least heard of it. The fact that this is your first post does not help the situation, either. Sorry, but we aren't that gulible here. Give us concrete facts, sourses, etc. and then we'll talk.

K makes sense....My first post, and all that. But i have been following the forum here and there and found my way to it by google.
My name is Asim, and I am a medical student, I live in chicago and I am currently studying for my Step 1 USMLE exam and about to start rotations in chicago. I knew the owners of "the basement" on clark street in chicago, and also Sahara cafe, in lombard IL. I am mentioning thier names because they have sold of thier businesses....and yes they to would also go to dearborn..there are others but i wont mention thier names.

Is there a way for me to prove it...yes there is. Call Jafar from the store in dearborn, and ask him all the questions you want, and i am sure he can give you proof. Mention my name ( Asim) and ask him for sample pack, I dont think they have the sample packs in yet, or your can just purchase a can (250g) of whatever flavor you want, it should go for 10 dollars. Hopefully mentioning my name will get you a better deal. and test it out yourself. I AM SO SURE YOU WILL THEN SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, in fact tell jafar, that if the product he sends you is not identical to starbuzz, that he should give you a money back garuntee. and i know he will do it for you.

For those of you who think i work for skybuzz...I dont work for them, but I am trying to get a distribution deal for chicago, and when its official i will let you know.

Yup..those are it, and since have they expanded thier line...thier labels are now blue, instead of red. That number you see for "al amir" thats the store in dearborn, call them and ask for jaffar, and mention my name (asim)

Sorry i am not gonna give out the names of the lounges in chicago which serve it...because of business confidentiality. I did give the names of two..but they have been sold off...so me giving this info does not in any way effect thier business. Edited by ams

QUOTE (ams @ Dec 31 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup..those are it, and since have they expanded thier line...thier labels are now blue, instead of red. That number you see for "al amir" thats the store in dearborn, call them and ask for jaffar, and mention my name (asim)

Sorry i am not gonna give out the names of the lounges in chicago which serve it...because of business confidentiality. I did give the names of two..but they have been sold off...so me giving this info does not in any way effect thier business.

Fair enough... guess it's a good thing that the one I frequent serves Fumari then... wink.gif

QUOTE (oolatec @ Dec 31 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry i am not gonna give out the names of the lounges in chicago which serve it...because of business confidentiality. I did give the names of two..but they have been sold off...so me giving this info does not in any way effect thier business.

Fair enough... guess it's a good thing that the one I frequent serves Fumari then... wink.gif

So you most likely go to Guess Hookah. Yeah I met that owner of that place..he has a great a selection of stuff. Fumari tobacco is good,,,,but after a while it starts to taste the same .... but to me they are known for thier blueberry, and tropical punch. Btw there is a lounge called FumarE, in schaumburg...also a really nice place, a bit on the pricey side and they do not serve fumari.

QUOTE (ams @ Dec 31 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (oolatec @ Dec 31 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you most likely go to Guess Hookah. Yeah I met that owner of that place..he has a great a selection of stuff. Fumari tobacco is good,,,,but after a while it starts to taste the same .... but to me they are known for thier blueberry, and tropical punch. Btw there is a lounge called FumarE, in schaumburg...also a really nice place, a bit on the pricey side and they do not serve fumari.

Maybe! But yes, John is a great guy! smile.gif

Heard about Fumare, but I'm rarely out that way... if I ever am though, I'll try and check it out.

Thanks for the reports all.

AMS - Please take a moment to read the rules. Vendors are welcomed (should you be one) But you can understand why people are cautious.

We have had (many) vendors come on and try to push products, and worse, So the forum gets a little twitchy when someone comes in with one post and throws open such a thread. However I am quietly confident you are Kosher...

This is obviously an Al Amir product... Now recently I had been told by someone that Starbuzz had there knickers in a twist about something and were going todo something to 'revolutionise the market and leave it godsmacked'

This may well be the Catalyst... I would suggest this is not the end of this story.

AMS - I hope you will be a regular contributor to the forum.

JD

Alright - I've been reading this thread and honestly I thought the OP was a guy I knew in Central Fl, but he's not but his story is exactly the same two friends of mine repeated to me locally.

I met up with a couple of buddies and then visited these forums to check on Starbuzz/Skybuzz.

They both told me the same deal they love Starbuzz buy buy Skybuzz because it's cheaper but exact same product. The whole story they gave me is basically the same as what the OP said about one factory in Jordan - etc.

Now my buddies swear by it and buy their Skybuzz from a guy named Jafar and gave me his number, which I'm willing to post here if anyone is interested.

I haven't called the guy because I just bought one tin of Starbuzz to try it out.

Apparently the guy selling is legit because my friends buy it from him, and they believe the same thing that its the same tobacco.

In all honestly, it's not hard for me to believe if it would be the same, a lot of time in that region you can pull this stuff - so no surprises there.

I dont know of any site that sells Skybuzz but anyone else who's tried if they can tell the difference that would be great. Edited by ju421019

Well it's an Al amir product, so it's far to say that anyone who sells Al Amir could stock it.

Also the skybuzztobacco.com looks like a parked domain... And the alamirusa website does not even stock Al Amir...

Something is fishy here gentlemen.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jan 1 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it's an Al amir product, so it's far to say that anyone who sells Al Amir could stock it.

Also the skybuzztobacco.com looks like a parked domain... And the alamirusa website does not even stock Al Amir...

My thoughts exactly when i checked out the two sites. I exepcted al amir to carry al amir shisha not layalina or nakhla huh.gif And I was wondering why skybuzztobacco was parked too....maybe its like certain designer clothes and chinese factories, part of the clothes manufactured would have a name brand label sewn on whilst the rest would be generic stuff, same stuff, different label and prices.. thats my 2c (2 euro cents now tongue.gif)

Ok, I'm feeling much better...just needed a little time to kick back.

Anyways, I have heard from reliable sources that SB is indeed made in Jordan at the same factory as Tonic and possibly Al Waha. Lets face it, anyone with the right amount of money can apparently go to one of the big factories and order up a brand of shisha to be made to their specifications. They can then slap any lable on it they want and start selling it. So it sounds liek whoever came out with Skybuzz did exactly that, just like the guy who came out with Tonic.

From what I hear talking to suppliers and manufacturers behind the scenes the shisha industry is getting rather wild and wooly with lawsuits all over the place and people trying to run other people out of business. Glad I'm on the retail end instead of the supply end.

So, I have no reason to doubt the OP'S story. His lack of connection with the makers of Skybuzz I may have some questions about, but that's another issue.

QUOTE (mathuv @ Jan 1 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jan 1 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly when i checked out the two sites. I exepcted al amir to carry al amir shisha not layalina or nakhla huh.gif And I was wondering why skybuzztobacco was parked too....maybe its like certain designer clothes and chinese factories, part of the clothes manufactured would have a name brand label sewn on whilst the rest would be generic stuff, same stuff, different label and prices.. thats my 2c (2 euro cents now tongue.gif )

Yer your right - Kinda...

that works if your making a direct knock-off. But this is not. Starbuzz might not like it, but it's not a knockoff - It's an alternative that looks very much like it...

English Copyright laws would probably hold out that Skybuzz would be the wrong side of the law. [1]
However I cannot comment on American Copyright laws or how they are affected by something made in a foreign country! It's not clean-cut i would suggest.

So there is no reason to park the Website or name at this time.

JD

[1] - The Tin, The Style of the Tin. The method of naming flavours to give 3 examples of where UK law would support copyright infrigement.

QUOTE (boulderkid303 @ Jan 1 2008, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where can ya even get skybuzz at online???

Does not look like you can... yet... However I am rather surprised as Sonthert was speaking of this back in late August 07.

If anyone can translate german :-
http://www.shisha-forum.de/archive/63462/skybuzz-.html

From the german shisha forum... Maybe someone can read it and give us the abridgement? Our European brothers seem to be on the case also!

JD

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jan 1 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im pretty sure Eric (from tangiers) has seen the operations of starbuzz.. i dont belive u at all

How do you mean Sean, I don't follow....

Are you suggesting that Starbuzz is actually made and cooked and wotnot in the US rather than imported as suggested?