Exotic Imports

Keep me posted. As stated, cooking it completely is the trick. Also, smoke the hookah for about 20-30 minutes b4 you ash the coal for the first time. We do not ash our coal when we smoke but everyone has their own preferance. These coals burn hot and they burn as hot with ashes on the coals or without unlike other coals which once ashed, they turn off or do not give enough heat. Thanks
Gabriel

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well so far i havent had a bad coal, i ordered two boxes and im just about done with the first, hopefully the second is just as good biggrin.gif

Snoopy - Bummer how your getting some freaky taste, those pictures you posted look fine.

QUOTE (Canon @ Dec 27 2007, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only bad coals i have had are from me being impatient and not letting the coal cook all the way.

Shit man i probably never let them cook all the way and all my sessions have been fine.. I mean the coal is completley red hot but its not like all ashed over or anything. Guess different things work for different people.

I just added 2/3rds of a stick again. It is much better taste then last night, but I am not getting good smoke. I wonder if I need to put all 3 pcs on for more heat. It could be also that this is a bowl I smoked last night for about an hour and 20 min with Exoticas, this morning with a 40mm broke in half and a half of a 33mm and now the 2/3rds of the Exoticas.

Getting a little better pull now. I really let them cook on the burner for a long time.

hmmm... i noticed that when i lit mine with a torch they tasted bad. they have a certain taste thats ard to explain. like the smell they give off if you light them in a smaller room.

i make sure they are red on all sides and i mostly leave them on one side till the top has a little black oval on it then i tip it on one side to finish it off. i figure this ensures that they are getting cooked through the middle too.

yours look fine to me assuming that you turnded the burner off... also flash on camera makes it look kinda weird.

My stove is old and crappy. Believe it or not the burner was on High still.... My landlord won't get me a new one. He is going to have to because my big burner does not work anymore for a couple of weeks.

OK I have a bowl of fresh Horchata and I used all 3 pcs. Toooooo much at first. So I took a third off. I am getting some kick ass smoke now that is very tasty. Now I wasted a third. It's OK though. Live and learn. Only thing is that they really smell when I light them. Is that usual?? It kills my apartment, I will have to get a burner to light them outside. I wonder how they will light in freezing weather though...

Also another question. Are the Phunnel bowls different from HS to HC?? The ones I got from HC do not seem as thick and they are freakin huge for a medium and small.

I think that is their site, not sure though.

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Dec 27 2007, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only thing is that they really smell when I light them. Is that usual?? It kills my apartment, I will have to get a burner to light them outside. I wonder how they will light in freezing weather though...

Mine always have that smell too so i assume its normal and most people just cant smell it i guess...

I bought a nice flat top burner last night to light them outside. I think that helped out a lot because before my apartment would just get stanky and I think ruin the taste of the whole session. When I went out to run some errands and came back home, my apartment smelled like a BBQ. Not a good thing at all. Last night I had a wonderful session with the Exoticas and the taste was outstanding. It really brought out the flavors very nicely. The blueberry taste was so good.

Another question. I see that the Phunnel last night has plenty of Shisha in it still. I used two sets of the Exoticas and the session lasted about 2 and half hours. What is the best way to get a bowl going from the previous session? I always have a hard time to get it all going again. Do you put on new foil maybe? What I do not understand is the heat of the bowl from the Exoticas and it does not use up the Shisha like QL's Now I see where Mushrat gets the 8 hour bowl. I could easily smoke this bowl longer. much much longer. Right now I am enjoying some Fusion Guava that I got as a freebie from H-C and I am smokin' it with a MYA Bambino, Pretty good. I love Guava, one of my favs. A little off topic here but..A friend of mine went to Jordan and Egypt this year and he brought back some shisha for me and it was the sex as I see people saying here. He does not know what brand it was either. I just had it in the plastic wrap. Man that stuff tasted so good and packed a heck of a buzz. I wish I could find it again. Must be something that is only made there.

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Dec 28 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a nice flat top burner last night to light them outside. I think that helped out a lot because before my apartment would just get stanky and I think ruin the taste of the whole session. When I went out to run some errands and came back home, my apartment smelled like a BBQ. Not a good thing at all. Last night I had a wonderful session with the Exoticas and the taste was outstanding. It really brought out the flavors very nicely. The blueberry taste was so good.

Another question. I see that the Phunnel last night has plenty of Shisha in it still. I used two sets of the Exoticas and the session lasted about 2 and half hours. What is the best way to get a bowl going from the previous session? I always have a hard time to get it all going again. Do you put on new foil maybe? What I do not understand is the heat of the bowl from the Exoticas and it does not use up the Shisha like QL's Now I see where Mushrat gets the 8 hour bowl. I could easily smoke this bowl longer. much much longer. Right now I am enjoying some Fusion Guava that I got as a freebie from H-C and I am smokin' it with a MYA Bambino, Pretty good. I love Guava, one of my favs. A little off topic here but..A friend of mine went to Jordan and Egypt this year and he brought back some shisha for me and it was the sex as I see people saying here. He does not know what brand it was either. I just had it in the plastic wrap. Man that stuff tasted so good and packed a heck of a buzz. I wish I could find it again. Must be something that is only made there.

try taking off the foil and mixing about the shisha?

QUOTE (mathuv @ Dec 28 2007, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Dec 28 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try taking off the foil and mixing about the shisha?

Won't work with a phunnel, it's build and packed differently than a regualr bowl, the process woudl be a real pain in the ass. I just plop more coals on that puppy and start puffing, takes a little while to come in but it shoudl restart with no problem.

OK cool, I already took off the foil to peek inside. I just stuck in a toothpick to see how wet it was still and did not move any shisha around. I wrapped it back up. Should I put a new foil on now because I can not get this one to strech flat now. I was just wondering because it would take a while to get it going again and was looking for hints. I have packed my bowl a little differnt now and I have to get use to my heat management again. I think after last night I may have got it. I love these coals!