The No-burn Bowl

krazycure

Dude I think you made this way more complicated than it should.
I use almost the same thing but re-use only the foil ring between the bottom and top layers of foil. Bottom one - poke holes with a safety pin, takes like 1 minute. Put on the foil ring. Top foil layer - make 10-15 holes with a toothpick. Use windcover to manage heat. That's all there is to it really. Takes5 minutes if you got the foil ring and you don't have to re-use the layers.

way too complicated.

TOO MUCH TIME.

yeah, i said it, sue me.
I dunno about anyone else, but i can manage heat on my phunnel perfectly. Saving me the time, effort, and foil of making this mod.

and anyone else think its a little odd that all 8 of this dudes posts are in this thread?

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Jan 21 2008, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
way too complicated.

TOO MUCH TIME.

yeah, i said it, sue me.
I dunno about anyone else, but i can manage heat on my phunnel perfectly. Saving me the time, effort, and foil of making this mod.

and anyone else think its a little odd that all 8 of this dudes posts are in this thread?

Anyone else think it's a little odd that a person who, for a straight year, averaged around 4 posts, per day, EVERY day, on a forum for smoking hookah thinks 10 minutes and 3 steps is too complicated and too long? You would think 4 posts per day + the time spent browsing this forum per day would be 10 minutes a day at LEAST spent on hookah related stuff. wallbash.gif I don't get you people... I mean, are you REALLY trying to seem like simpletons who can't possibly handle even.. nevermind. Edited by krazycure

that looks like it would work good. the olny down side would be is if you reuse it, it would have to be with the same flavor cuz then you'd mix and might not be as good. i dont think TIME should be a factor when your wanting to enjoy a good bowl of hookah, good flavor and smoke takes time.

Thank you!!! GEEEEZZZ finally someone who understands. Not everyone has phunnel bowls and huge $150+ hookahs. This post was meant for those using less than top of the line equipment... I can see how conisseurs would baulk at the thought of having to use sometihng like this. I would advise those people to just... skip their comments. They aren't really helpful, or useful, or even... anything. They are just empty criticism. Edited by krazycure

4 posts a day is productive. i'd view a waste of time folding foil as counter-productive.

okay, so its a good idea in theory. but i mean seriously. just learn simple heat management. you put on a bunch of coals at the begining. once hte bowl heats up, you take one off for a bit. then you put it on again towards the end. its really really simple.

if it works for you, more power to oyu, but im just saying its not somehting i would waste my time and energy on if i dont need it anyway.

and seriously, why are your only posts in this thread?

Because I've been smoking hookah for awhile. Sometimes I had good bowls, sometimes I had bad. This let me ALWAYS have a good bowl and I figured it was worth sharing. I'm not into being a hookah head, not looking to make myself a big name on this forum. I couldn't care less. Certainly don't care enough to contribute four posts a day. I don't need to add myself to the 'community', I just wanted to share one thing, one time. That's the only reason I registered, I don't plan on buying premium membership, and I don't plan on posting anymore. your reasoning is so flawed I can't believe you post it. Your heat management equals at least 2 minutes per bowl rearranging coals. I don't have to do that. In reality, what is 'learning heat management' for you is a waste of time for me, because with this mod, I don't have to at all. vice versa, what is a time saver for me is a waster for you. In actuality, total we probably spend about the same amount of time on this. I spend 10 minutes once, and none the next 5 bowls. You spend 2 minutes each time over 5 bowls. It's still 10 minutes. Who really gives a flying flip?! If you're going to reply "well, It's really only a minute for me" then you're just splitting hairs. Edited by krazycure

• 6 months later...
I actually like it....

Where i stay we dont have acces to great quality hookah materials or actual hookahs for that matter..So getting a good bowl can be difficult without always having decent coals or tabaccos..

Im trying this idea now, and i can see how it would work.

personally i dont smoke my hookahs everyday....so going to the effort to do this every time i smoke mine seems worth it....

and besides since i was a kid i loved folding paper planes so this is actually quite fun for me...

it also takes some practice to get a nice looking and practical bowl...

Props krazycure....

1) Your effort in producing the video is welcome and appreciated. Thank you.
2) The efficacy of/improvement derived from this type of foiling method is up for debate. Some notice a difference, others don't.
3) This affects the time/quality tradeoff. It's simple opportunity cost: which is more important, the improvement from this method or the time lost? It's subjective.
4) Don't take things so personally. People will disagree with you. People will not like fruits of your hard labor. If you make a stink when someone criticizes, or even blatantly, inappropriately insults your stuff, YOU come out with egg on your face, no matter how right you are. So chill, its worth it...

I agree with wongxiao,calm down bro.

I must say I watched almost the whole video,the usual attention span of a viewer is around 1.5 - 2 minutes(keep that in mind)

You did a great job in creating the bowl,I thought it was impressive,personally.I am a lazy type of guy but I think I might try it someday. Edited by TBatcho07

Don't be so sensitive. I, personally like your idea. It is very innovative and creative, but I understand what everyone else is saying too. And, yes, people are going to disagree with you... but some people will agree. I will try this exact mod, okay. My girlfriend has a cheap hookah, and I'm at her house, so I will put your mod to use. I'll let you, and everyone else, know what I though.

Okay... so, I spent the time making this mod on the bowl... and honestly.. it was not worth it. I did everything to the "t" yet the smoke was lazy and weak. Although, the bowl did not burn... So I guess you got what you were promised with the title, "no-burn bowl."
My girlfriend and I were using this, and we ended up removing the foil and just putting foil on regularly... It smoked twice as well without the mod. My girlfriend described it as when Forest Gump loses his leg braces, and then everything is okay.
Sorry to say it. But, I said I would tell everyone what I thought of it.

I could see how a newby smoker would like this though. But for an experienced smoker, understanding proper heat management can garentee a "no-burn bowl" everytime.

ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THE THREAD IS 7 MONTHS OLD?!?!?!?!?!

lmao

Hm. No, as a matter of fact, I didn't... wow.

lol...

It seems to have been zombified by someone with only one post... I'm guessing either they like digging up old threads or they found this one through Google, and also didn't realize it was old... ah well.