Texas Tx Smokers

mushrat

[quote name='Stuie' date='07 January 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1262897171' post='443809']
[quote name='rahl071' date='07 January 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1262882112' post='443770']
New member from SE-Texas. Golden Triangle Area. If you know what I'm talking about you're close enough :D

PS, We have a hookah bar now; called Jerusalem Hookah. Because of city rules we have to smoke outside (stupid), but JH's build a solid room that's open air, but with good walls and a roof that'll keep you dry. Kinda cold this time of year, even with heat, but come February I'm there.
[/quote]

Golden Triangle, eh. Man i haven't been out to Port Arthur in almost a decade.

Well Welcome!!!!!!!!!

It's a fun place here!!!!
[/quote]

i am actually in orange texas for winter break at my parents, there is no hookah bar here... it feels so wrong!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
[font="Trebuchet MS"]Laredo, TX. Mexico is just a walk across a river... Not that I'd want to go to that war torn locale, anyway. I think there is a hookah bar here, but I'm not sure. Either way, I enjoy the comfort my rural place offers. Feels good man.[/font]

[quote name='DirtyQuack' date='02 February 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1265127733' post='449164']
[font="Trebuchet MS"]Laredo, TX. Mexico is just a walk across a river... Not that I'd want to go to that war torn locale, anyway. I think there is a hookah bar here, but I'm not sure. Either way, I enjoy the comfort my rural place offers. Feels good man.[/font]
[/quote]

Scary stuff dude! Had a friend that was a band director down there for a while. Welcome to the Forum!

[quote name='lumpypoptarts' date='04 February 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1265267712' post='449633']
New here, in temple/killeen area
[/quote]

Welcome. Temple...home to 90% of the I35 wrecks... just kidding... I don't know why but every time I travel to Austin 9 times out of 10 traffic is backed up because of a wreck in Temple. Any hookah bars in your area?

• 4 weeks later...
If anyone ever wants to make that drive to Waco PM me. I'd love some good conversation at the lounge. If you're coming alone I'll pay for your hookah. But I'm a poor man so if you're coming with a group I'll take care of you. I'd just love to meet some more hookah lovers aside from the college students I get in here now.

so i just got let go from the lounge. But if anyone in the area ever wants to smoke I'm always down to drive a bit to meet up with people. Or I have a MYA at the house.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='bigtoepfer' date='06 March 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1267923949' post='455655']
so i just got let go from the lounge. But if anyone in the area ever wants to smoke I'm always down to drive a bit to meet up with people. Or I have a MYA at the house.
[/quote]

What happened? Is the lounge closed or did they just let you go?

Welcome!

I am down there from time to time. Visiting the In-Laws.

There is a little place not to far off 35 I go and get Prince Tobacco. Owners are from Egypt have a bunch of hookahs and bunch of other Egyptian Imports. My wife's cousin takes belly dancing lessons there.

The Arabic Bazaar
wmdproductions.com
5013 Duval St
Austin, TX 78751-2538

• 4 weeks later...
New member here living in Midlothian, TX, originally from just outside Boston.

Just curious, beside the headshops in Arlington, does anyone know a decent local spot south of the metroplex to pick up shisha and coals(nats would be seven kinds of amazing) in a pinch? Preferably not Starbuzz.

[quote name='malfean' date='16 April 2010 - 07:17 AM' timestamp='1271423852' post='463894']

Just curious, beside the headshops in Arlington, does anyone know a decent local spot south of the metroplex to pick up shisha and coals(nats would be seven kinds of amazing) in a pinch? Preferably not Starbuzz.
[/quote]

Welcome!

Not sure where shops are in the metroplex, I do visit from Time to Time. I am sure there are a few people on here that can help.

[quote name='Stuie' date='16 April 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1271470276' post='463993']
[quote name='malfean' date='16 April 2010 - 07:17 AM' timestamp='1271423852' post='463894']

[/quote]

Welcome!

Not sure where shops are in the metroplex, I do visit from Time to Time. I am sure there are a few people on here that can help.

[/quote]

Only places I've found are two NHT-centric shops in Arlington, and 3R Cigars in Cedar Hill. Sadly, 3R is a coals only stop for me, as they charge like 27 bucks for a 250g tin of Starbuzz, and the other brand they carry is Jewels(formerly Kamal I believe), which is terrible and tastes like smoking chemicals. Plus, they only carry 5-6 flavors of each.

So I moved down to Austin, TX from Omaha, NE about 7 months ago. So far I'm digging it. I do a lot of smoking at home but have been out some. Right now I'm really digging Arabic Cowboy, they are pricey but the place is clean and chill and I like their tea. Red Fez is good for the DJ's but last time I went the bowl I had was terrible. Any other places I should check out?

• 2 months later...
[quote name='jorlyfish' date='24 April 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1272150389' post='465276']
My hometown of Houston, TX for the summers and over holidays...
Providence, RI the rest of the time.
[/quote]

what part of Houston?

in kemah south of houston about 30 min or less depending on the traffic! [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...