Member Of The Month?

QUOTE (bubbascigars @ Dec 8 2007, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can always do a number draw and only 1 person or 2 people will know the number of the month and then draw each person can choose 1 number between 1 and 100. They do this weekly at a cigar site I saw but they do it weekly. we can do it monthly. I am down for this I am willing to start the drawing with 5 50g boxes of alamir shisha the winner can pm me the flavors they want and I should have them I have most the al amir in stock but I will take care of winner. let me know I am down Thanks Bubba PS: IF I HAVE TO DONATE EVERY MONTH THAT FINE WITH ME . But would be cool if other vendors that sell way more than I do donate as well. I am sure I can get a ccouple of vendors I buy from wholesale to donate for sure. Thanks again Bubba
<br /><br />if you want to do this then you can start it, just make a post

edited to respond to rayver

thats a good idea, but would we have to make it to where you have to have posted so many times to vote? Edited by Canon

IF this ever got off the ground post counts, as far as i am concerned, would have nothing todo with it.

As Camel said recently... Quality not Quantity.

And general input and support to the Forum.

But MushRat is the Senior Mod and well see what the boy says.

JD

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Dec 9 2007, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IF this ever got off the ground post counts, as far as i am concerned, would have nothing todo with it.

As Camel said recently... Quality not Quantity.

And general input and support to the Forum.

But MushRat is the Senior Mod and well see what the boy says.

JD

Watch the senior shit sonny... cool.gif
For the record, I've just been around longer than most. All us mods are equal.

I forsee all this getting rather complex and causing hard feelings for those who believe THEY should have been chosen as the MOM. Why can't we all just do our thing without having to make a competition out of it?

$.02

ok I got a plan. Lets do a competition for who could do the most posts in 10 minutes........ j.k

like johnnyd said its about quality not quantity so unless we figure out another way to do this then itll remain a dead idea.

Well we can't do anything like "Video Reviews" cause some of us can't do videos. I'm pretty sure taking the time to read each post and judging them is not what the Mods wanna spend time doing (they do read alot of posts though). And, when a dude asks a question about something, as a topic, and people reply, everyone chime sin with useful knowledge. So would that mean all those people get .. like.. points? I think it's a bit too complicated. We should just Post to help each other out.

how about a hookahforum scavenger hunt where some of the mods edit their old posts and add the answers to the clues...whoever finds all the clues first wins.. each clue will have the info to find the next clue. sounds like fun to me and instead of posting a lot it gets people reading a lot heh

QUOTE (RayVer @ Dec 9 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how about a hookahforum scavenger hunt where some of the mods edit their old posts and add the answers to the clues...whoever finds all the clues first wins.. each clue will have the info to find the next clue. sounds like fun to me and instead of posting a lot it gets people reading a lot heh

Damn... that's pretty good. smile.gif

also its not like its something you would need to have an enourmous amount of time to go post by post.... its a scavenger hunt with clues that benefit the people that have been active on the forum for a while... for example the first clue leads you to an acclimation post...then the 2nd clue leads you to a phunnel bowl post..etc etc. i think it'd be fun.

The mods would never do that.
They're too lazy/busy with their important lives.

I think since they're constantly checking out all the threads the mods should all just get together and say: "Well, y'know, *someguy* has really been kicking ass this month. His input is extremely useful and he contributes well to the forum. Let's give him free stuff."

im starting to feel like this is going to only cause problems. the last thing we need is people all over the board acting like this is a pissing contest. really, who's to judge which member of the board is worhty of some special recognition..

you guys decide however you wish to do this. and I will have the prize waiting for the winner.

Just let me know. I am here and all eyes.

Getting back to getting the lounge in order.

later

Bubba

5 50g of alamir is my donation for the first drawing or whatever you guys wanna do.

QUOTE (RayVer @ Dec 9 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And who are you the easter bunny? I dont have that kinda time on me hands mate!

QUOTE (poopooshaboo @ Dec 9 2007, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (camelflage @ Dec 9 2007, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im starting to feel like this is going to only cause problems. the last thing we need is people all over the board acting like this is a pissing contest. really, who's to judge which member of the board is worhty of some special recognition..

+1

word... i mean, who WOULDNT say its me?

Take posters who have been active in the month in question (there should be some sort of forum filter for that). Then select randomly out of that group (should only number in the low hundreds). Give the winner in question 2 days (48 hours) to claim their prize via PM to Mushrat. If he/she doesnt, it goes into the pot for the next winner. Once a person is chosen and either claims the prize, passes on it (if they dont own the equipment to smoke or are too young, etc), the pot starts all over. Of course, the person who wins will have their age checked, etc, before it's posted that they won, as to avoid any age-changing shenanigans.

http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm

Simple random number generator form. Set the parameters and let the computer choose a number.

I like this system because it takes only seconds to have it done, nothing in the life of a mod.

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Dec 9 2007, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (poopooshaboo @ Dec 9 2007, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (camelflage @ Dec 9 2007, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1

word... i mean, who WOULDNT say its me?

The whole point is it isnt a massive prise. We aren't doing this for a 200$ mya. Its 5 50 gram packs of al-amir I believe? I still think this is going to be nice and workout great.