Member Of The Month?

I just got an idea to maybe do MOTM (member of the month) and I think it would be pretty cool.
Maybe something like a free 100grams of some shisha to the top member or mod, but I don't know where we'd get the $ unless we all pitch. Any other ideas to make this better??

You fund it!

hahaha!

good idea, but hookahkings is not very involved in the forum and there are very few vendors on here anymore. only person i can think of would be Sonthert and he mails out test samples! good idea, but as far as rewards go, i dont think there would be much.

My $.02

I think it would be fun to get a group of member that want to be a part of it, and each of us pitch like 1$. Say we get 50 or so members that wanna be a part of it. We send that money to eric, or someone else trustworthy and the winner gets a kilo of tangiers or something alike, just a general idea. But we also need like 5 people (maybe mods) to look over it and vote on it.

I believe strictly on depths of post, and considerate you are to new members, etc. I don't believe video reviews, or pictures or anything like that should matter, because some of us don't have cameras, or camcorders. So thats my thought on it.

Yea it would be hard to vote since we have so many members. And thats alot of people to sort through if they mods are the only ones choosing..

i dont think it would work out without a vender being active in the forum. but what might work is a raffle or a drawing. people put in $1 for a ticket and the winner will get all the money combined worht of hookah stuff

I am cool with donating shisha once a month. Enough vendors partake in this board that I feel the vendors can donate some shisha with out batting an eye.

I myself would feel honored to donate shisha as a prize and send to the winning poster.

Thanks
Bubba

my is forum does something similar, and to keep it fair the mods just radomly choose about 5 people and then put them up for ride of the month and everyone votes. if you win your out, if you lose you go back into the random pot. that way the members are still choosing but the list is manageable.

We can always do a number draw and only 1 person or 2 people will know the number of the month and then draw each person can choose 1 number between 1 and 100.

They do this weekly at a cigar site I saw but they do it weekly. we can do it monthly.

I am down for this I am willing to start the drawing with 5 50g boxes of alamir shisha the winner can pm me the flavors they want and I should have them I have most the al amir in stock but I will take care of winner.

let me know I am down

Thanks
Bubba

PS: IF I HAVE TO DONATE EVERY MONTH THAT FINE WITH ME . But would be cool if other vendors that sell way more than I do donate as well.

I am sure I can get a ccouple of vendors I buy from wholesale to donate for sure.

Thanks again
Bubba

so why is no one telling me about this? lol

anyways i think its a great idea but safesearch is right...postwhoring sucks and we don't want that. if we're going by the member of the month then maybe have a thread where we put who should be member of the month and set rules like only vote once, can or cant vote for yourself, etc. then whoever gets the most votes wins....... just a thought.