Favourite apple flavour  

44 members have voted

1. 1. The answers will help for the best recipe

• Green
    • Red
    • Yellow
    • Mixed

Hello!
I want to make photo recipe for homemaden Shisha.
I hope we will make the best recipe for the hookahforum's members.
Of cource your cooperation is needed.
I will edit my recipe with your opinion and my experiments.

Please help me.

Ingredients:
Leaf Tobacco

green apple

glycerinum

White crystal sugar:

and honey

Preparation:
Slice the tobacco lief:

Chop the apple finely:

Dry the apple in microwave oven for 2 minutes
Burn the coal:

Mix the ingredients:
in proportion 70% tobacco, 20% glycerinum, 5%dried apples, 5% Sugar:

The result was nearly good smoke, but smell isn't enough sad.gif Edited by kocetoo

QUOTE (oino @ Dec 1 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats pretty cool man. Ive always wanted to make some for my self.

You need to work on your english. blink.gif

Sorry, but I'm the bulgarian man and my English is not my mother language.
I expect your comments, include language errors.

I've just want to make the best recipe. Edited by kocetoo

QUOTE (kocetoo @ Dec 1 2007, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (oino @ Dec 1 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I'm the bulgarian man and my English is not my mother language.
I expect your comments, include language errors.

I've just want to make the best recipe.

hey dont worry about your english it is fine.

and I have a recipie I have been working on simular to this to increase your apple flavor try adding apple cider to your suger then boil it into a suryp it will help alot. or insted of suger try light mollasses mixed with natural honey. and let it soak overnight with the tobaco in it. (mix the cider into it before hand and boil back down like with the suger.) EDIT: mix the suryp as so 30% mollasses 40% honey 30% cider boil till its a semi thick suryp add tobacco and apple pices and your other ingrediants. (I recomend dehydrating the apple on a baking sheet in your oven on your lowest heat setting with the oven door cracked open to vent excess heat. and let the mix cool overnight. if the mix becomes to thick add one tea spoon of cider to thin it out but unless you overboil the suryp this should not be necassary.)

-and if anyone has a problem with my english I am dyslexic and hate spell check so deal with it lol. Edited by Charley

QUOTE (oino @ Dec 1 2007, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is your Bulgarian as good as his english?

Comments like this are unhelpfull and unwanted. The guy is sharing his experience in attempting to make his own shisha.
[---]

Good luck kocetoo! Nice work so far - Maybe rather than using natural apple and sugar something artificial for the flavour might work?

Hopefully some of the other gents that have tried there receipes will chip in smile.gif

JD

even though ive never made shisha, the thing that it lacks is extract. use some vanilla extract or soemthing like that. also you could sautee the apples for a long period of time and then take the syrup and apple remains and add that. that way all the sugars will be pre released for the shisha. i would also let it sit longer so that the flavors sit much longer and really caramelize.

• 1 month later...
well, im back with results.
My shisha is very good tasting, strong taste of apple.
Not too thick, not too thin, smoke.
But its rather like Tangiers in a way, very juicy, needs to be acclimated beforehand i'd say cause it burnt up way too quick.

Nice... thats pretty cool. Keep us updated on the best recipe that you figure out. I'd love to try and make this... I'll bet you could do pear or something just as easily.

What would be delicious is pomegranate.. Maybe just cut one open and cook down the seeds with the juice to get a syrup?

I did something similar to this before, different process though. Been trying to prefect it. Just a matter of time now.

and btw, drop a charcoal off your bowl man. You are asking for that bowl to burn with this many coals on it.. Edited by Codename067

i sorta made lemon shisha... had some dried out, tasteless shisha so i added some honey, lemon juice nd grated lemon peel. it tasted really nice afterwards. why are you using white sugar? try using molasses or even brown sugar, the purer the sweeter.