Serbetli Turkish Tobacco

haha, nice order man. I want to try some but I got quite a lot of tobacco right now, plus I still have a few shishas coming in from the states. So maybe in a month or so ill make an order.

How is the double apple like? I saw that you didnt order no apple so im guessing your not a fan of DA? :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chinamon' date='31 January 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1264968575' post='448752']
[quote name='fmu1' date='31 January 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1264938996' post='448713']
[quote name='fmu1' date='29 January 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1264823995' post='448490']
if anyone still loking for, I found this website selling Serbetli tobacco, prices are pretty reasonable and shipping is very fast. It took around 2 weeks to US.

[url="http://www.turkishgiftstore.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62"]http://www.turkishgi...ategory&path=62[/url]
[/quote]

for 1 box $6.99
for 2 boxes $9.49
for 3 boxes $13.84
for 4 boxes $17.15
for 5 boxes $19.23
for 6 boxes $20.76

I am not gonna try anymore :) 6 is enoguh i guess :P
[/quote]

how did you get that price? i have 20 boxes in my shopping cart and it still charges me full price.
[/quote]

:) it is not the box price. Someone was asking the shipping price so I tried different number of boxes for shipping. the amounts i posted are the shipping prices :)

[quote name='Cheng' date='01 February 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1264989936' post='448791']
haha, nice order man. I want to try some but I got quite a lot of tobacco right now, plus I still have a few shishas coming in from the states. So maybe in a month or so ill make an order.

How is the double apple like? I saw that you didnt order no apple so im guessing your not a fan of DA? :P
[/quote]

i dont mind nakhla double apple (dont like any other brands ive tried) but id still rather smoke something that doesnt have the anise flavour.

@fmu1 - Oh I get it, sorry for doubting you :P

@chinamon - I got a few boxes of Nakhla DA because quite a few people on here say its the shiz nit, also the price was a factor too. But I find that Al Fakher DA is a better smoke, I get way more flavour and kick outta it. Maybe a 50/50 mix of nak and AF would be good :)

Is this the right type of Glycerin?

[url="http://www.chemist.net/PD/Pharmacy/Medicine/Coughs-Cold-and-Flu/Coughs/Dry-and-Tickly-Coughs/Care/3879/Care-Glycerin-BP.aspx"]http://www.chemist.net/PD/Pharmacy/Medicine/Coughs-Cold-and-Flu/Coughs/Dry-and-Tickly-Coughs/Care/3879/Care-Glycerin-BP.aspx[/url]

[quote name='Cheng' date='01 February 2010 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1265025032' post='448885']
@chinamon - I got a few boxes of Nakhla DA because quite a few people on here say its the shiz nit, also the price was a factor too. But I find that Al Fakher DA is a better smoke, I get way more flavour and kick outta it. Maybe a 50/50 mix of nak and AF would be good :)
[/quote]
are you saying you get a bigger buzz from AF than Nakhla?

that's....ummmmm.....odd.

how are you packing both?

Na, I dont get more buzz from AF, I get none really, but if i hit it hard, then i do get a bit light headed sometimes but rarely. What i mean by kick is enjoyment, the flavour comes through a lot stronger.

I packed it like you guys told me to from the chat, like Tangiers. I used HookahJohns video as a guide, I even did the foil thing lol. As for AF I pack it just to the rim (slightly below) no over-packing.

I was thinking of getting some Glycerin and combining it with honey to add to my Nakhla, say 3 teaspoons of each to about 200g of Nakhla? I really miss the juicyness of AF.

I actually have some brand new AF DA, im gonna be firing up a bowl soon to compare to my Nak experience.

[quote name='Amn_sinclair' date='01 February 2010 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1265026236' post='448886']
if anyone wants the german serbetli let me know i can get it and ship it to the states without paying international shipping. once you get it just add some glycerin
[/quote]

How can you ship it without paying int'l shipping?

[quote name='Hassouni' date='01 February 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1265039149' post='448904']
[quote name='Amn_sinclair' date='01 February 2010 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1265026236' post='448886']
if anyone wants the german serbetli let me know i can get it and ship it to the states without paying international shipping. once you get it just add some glycerin
[/quote]

How can you ship it without paying int'l shipping?
[/quote]

i get it shipped to my german house then from my house i take it to the post office on base, and ship it through my apo and pay stateside shipping to anywhere in the states

I would love to get my hands on some... but no orders for a while. :empathy2:

Anyone that gets some and wants to trade though... let me know.

[quote name='Hassouni' date='01 February 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1265044788' post='448924']
Whoa, that's pretty awesome. Would you be OK with shipping a whole hookah if need be?
[/quote]

your paying for it all so it doesnt bother me one bit what you get lol

[quote name='Cheng' date='01 February 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1265025032' post='448885']
[/quote]

i would never touch AF double apple again because it tastes like pure anise. i dont get any apple flavour at all.
thats why nakhla is the only DA i will ever smoke... but even that is rare because i just cant stand any anise any more.

[quote name='Amn_sinclair' date='01 February 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1265026236' post='448886']
[/quote]
have you tried adding glycerine to the shisha? how big of a flavor reduction occurs?

how is it compared to smoking without extra glycerine?

[quote name='Arcane' date='01 February 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1265061797' post='448986']
[quote name='Amn_sinclair' date='01 February 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1265026236' post='448886']
[/quote]
have you tried adding glycerine to the shisha? how big of a flavor reduction occurs?

[/quote]

i have tried it with serbetli yet but i have used it for nakhla before and it seems to not make much of a difference but i havent smokied american version of nakhla except for earl grey and i cant find germany el grey. as soon as my nak cherry comes in i am going to be doing a side by side comparison of american nak cherry, german with no glycerin, and german withh glycerin. then ill have my gf taste each to see if she agrees about the flavoor and which is stronger

[quote name='Arcane' date='01 February 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1265061797' post='448986']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I found come flavored Glycerine/Molasses on this german website: [url="http://www.rauchzauber.de/shisha-shop/shisha-zubehoer/glycerin-melasse/index.html"]http://www.rauchzauber.de/shisha-shop/shisha-zubehoer/glycerin-melasse/index.html[/url]

This might actually increase the flavor or be a good mixer (mint glycerine in your fruit shisha).

Has anyone tried these?

Has anyone seen these in the US?

[quote name='chinamon' date='02 February 2010 - 08:24 AM' timestamp='1265135099' post='449182']
i just got my tracking number for my serbetli.
woot im excited!
[/quote]
me too! i've been secretly using you as my guinea pig for serbetli and this vendor...if it works out, then i'll order from them too!

[quote name='Skoozle' date='02 February 2010 - 06:53 AM' timestamp='1265122391' post='449152']

I found come flavored Glycerine/Molasses on this german website: [url="http://www.rauchzauber.de/shisha-shop/shisha-zubehoer/glycerin-melasse/index.html"]http://www.rauchzauber.de/shisha-shop/shisha-zubehoer/glycerin-melasse/index.html[/url]

[/quote]

:shok:

Leave it to the Germans....

[quote name='Arcane' date='02 February 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1265135898' post='449184']
[quote name='chinamon' date='02 February 2010 - 08:24 AM' timestamp='1265135099' post='449182']
i just got my tracking number for my serbetli.
woot im excited!
[/quote]
me too! i've been secretly using you as my guinea pig for serbetli and this vendor...if it works out, then i'll order from them too!
[/quote]

lol. i will keep you updated.

[quote name='chinamon' date='01 February 2010 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1265059307' post='448971']
[quote name='Cheng' date='01 February 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1265025032' post='448885']
[/quote]

i would never touch AF double apple again because it tastes like pure anise. i dont get any apple flavour at all.
thats why nakhla is the only DA i will ever smoke... but even that is rare because i just cant stand any anise any more.
[/quote]
the mizo apple is a nice balance between apple and anise. It is also juicy like af.
Ray

[quote name='Venger' date='03 February 2010 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1265160462' post='449287']
[quote name='chinamon' date='01 February 2010 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1265059307' post='448971']
[/quote]

[/quote]
the mizo apple is a nice balance between apple and anise. It is also juicy like af.
Ray
[/quote]

tried it a couple times and still have a few 50g boxes of it left
i dont like it. i think it has more anise than nakhla DA

• 3 weeks later...
I made an order today. I always wanted to try this out. I tried it once but I dont remember it because I was drunk lol.

I got:

Strawberry x 2
Red Apple x 2
Green & Red Apple x 2
Chocolate x 1
Banana x 1

Hope I get this soon, as im bored with the flavours I have :)