Serbetli Turkish Tobacco

So when I was in turkey about 2 years ago, I picked up a couple boxes of serbetli tobacco which was very unique, and different then most types i've ever had. The mint was the strongest stuff I've ever had, and I enjoyed it very much. Why do they not sell this online, or anywhere in the states? I found some german sites, but they don't ship to America, and it is also a toned down version of the same stuff due to a german law. I did get a guys card in turkey, who sold tea, and he said he could ship whatever I needed here. Maybe I should contact him and order a box full? If anyone knows how to get some serbetli let me know.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all-

I've had the same experience. Serbetli is like biting into actual fruit, not just a little hint of aroma of a flavor. I'll never go back to the regular Egyptian stuff. That means when I run out (soon), I'll wait until I find some. Or can anyone suggest an alternative? I did go on the web, and it seems that they sell it all over Europe and ship. It would be expensive by the time it is bought (Euro) and shipped here, but I haven't found one seller in the US. I don't smoke my hubbabubbah very often, but that makes it an event! Anyone finding it in the US, tell us where, and thanks!

• 9 months later...
I put in a call to a friend to get me some Serbetli Apple, Mint and Rose from Turkey. With a little luck it'll be here in two weeks. I'll add reviews when i get a chance to smoke it. Edited by Majid

• 3 months later...
I had the same experience. I bought a hookah in Turkey and it came with a pack of Serbetli Mint - it was hands down the best mint shisha ever! I've been dying to find more. The only place that I have found that sells it online was some German website so it was expensive considering Euro + shipping.

When are US companies going to learn that they should carry it? rolleyes.gif

• 5 months later...
i think im gonna email some of the guys i met at the Grand Bazaar over there to see if they'd ship me some of this stuff. the mint and cappuccino are without a doubt two of the best flavors i've ever tried. and i get great tangiers sessions. i have a bit of the stuff left over, mainly peach capp and apple. smoked the capp last night it was amaaaazing. wettest shit out there. will keep updated

QUOTE (vpnikolov @ Jul 31 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some good reviews on that tobacco I see.I am gonna be on a vacation in Turkey for around a week so I am gonna buy some of that stuff there.Sweet.

yessir! Don't get it if it has the German warning label though, that's a less wet product intended for the german market since they have different laws.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A buddy was in Turkey for a week so he got back with 2 more boxes for me.That makes 9 total : Mint,Melon,Cappuchino,Cherry,Orange,Peach,Lemon,Grape,"Red and Green apple" .Tried mixing Red green apple with Lemon and it tastes exactly like bubblegum, I can't even find words to describe how delicious it is.The other flavors are amazing too.Since I live in Bulgaria (country neighbour of Turkey) I will be able to supply myself with this stuff more often.I will never go back to anything else.

• 4 months later...
if anyone still loking for, I found this website selling Serbetli tobacco, prices are pretty reasonable and shipping is very fast. It took around 2 weeks to US.

http://www.turkishgiftstore.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62

[quote name='cr15p3rz' date='29 January 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1264824924' post='448492']
i'm lazy anyone wanna figure out how much shipping would be?
[/quote]

ok its not bad shipping is only 10 dollars

[quote name='vpnikolov' date='08 September 2009 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1252451812' post='404623']
I am still in Turkey and thinking of buying one more box - mint.
[/quote]

Still in Turkey? Wanna pick me up an Elmas, with commission of course? :-D

Damn 6 dollars for 125 grams is expensive for Turkey. 50 grams of Nakhla i bought for about 70 cents in dollars not too long ago and that's imported, serbetli is made in turkey (i think) We gotta be able to find a better deal.

[quote name='fmu1' date='29 January 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1264823995' post='448490']
if anyone still loking for, I found this website selling Serbetli tobacco, prices are pretty reasonable and shipping is very fast. It took around 2 weeks to US.

[url="http://www.turkishgiftstore.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62"]http://www.turkishgi...ategory&path=62[/url]
[/quote]

for 1 box $6.99
for 2 boxes $9.49
for 3 boxes $13.84
for 4 boxes $17.15
for 5 boxes $19.23
for 6 boxes $20.76

I am not gonna try anymore :) 6 is enoguh i guess :P

[quote name='fmu1' date='31 January 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1264938996' post='448713']
[quote name='fmu1' date='29 January 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1264823995' post='448490']

[url="http://www.turkishgiftstore.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62"]http://www.turkishgi...ategory&path=62[/url]
[/quote]

for 1 box $6.99
for 2 boxes $9.49
for 3 boxes $13.84
for 4 boxes $17.15
for 5 boxes $19.23
for 6 boxes $20.76

I am not gonna try anymore :) 6 is enoguh i guess :P
[/quote]

how did you get that price? i have 20 boxes in my shopping cart and it still charges me full price.

so i bought 10 boxes and paid full price. couldnt be bothered to wait for them to email me back. lol

2x125g banana
2x125g chocolate
2x125g melon
2x125g peach
2x125g strawberry

Total: $90.86 USD including shipping
(shipping was like $40)

wish they had grape though