Hookah For Your Car

NoPeace

I was thinking of trying to make a stand that holds my hookah to the elevated area on the floor of the back seats. The part right infront of the air conditioning vents if anyone knows what I'm talking about.I was thinking of making a box where there is a hole cut out that will support the base so it won't wobble or fall over. I was also thinking of making a metal frame type thing that could stick to the bowl that would hold quick light coals. Maybe take some maleable metal and bend it so that its acts like a kinda carriage that holds it. I'm not sure.I just wanted to know if anyone has done something to make it so they can smoke hookah in the car or if anyone has any ideas pertaining to my design concept. Edited by NoPeace

I was thinking of doing somehitng like this for road trips and the best I could come up with was using something like this in a cup holder.
(note: the link I tried to post didnt work but it was a hookah stem and bowl setup that mounts on just about any bottle you might have laying around, called "The Witch" found at thehookah.com)

I havent tried one of these and it might not be the best smoke out there but with the right modificatoin it should get the job done.

I have that bowl, and it sucks ass......

It does tend to pick up flavor pretty quick, and its fairly shallow, making a good smoke hard to get, but it has saved my carpet quite a few times. I can think of 4 or 5 times in the last month when I've been using it in a room with carpet or a car when the coals would have landed in my lap or on the floor. The production quality it pretty low though, I have had a few of them, and in one the metal was so warped that it was essentially unusable. Not to mention that the little vented plate that comes with it lets way too much heat through, so its better to just use foil.

QUOTE (Geiseric @ Nov 24 2007, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have that bowl, and it sucks ass......

It does tend to pick up flavor pretty quick, and its fairly shallow, making a good smoke hard to get, but it has saved my carpet quite a few times. I can think of 4 or 5 times in the last month when I've been using it in a room with carpet or a car when the coals would have landed in my lap or on the floor. The production quality it pretty low though, I have had a few of them, and in one the metal was so warped that it was essentially unusable. Not to mention that the little vented plate that comes with it lets way too much heat through, so its better to just use foil.

Thats the problem I came across, could barely clsoe the top and latch it

QUOTE (poopooshaboo @ Nov 24 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Nov 24 2007, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
witch + glass bottle + combo bowl + cupholder. no mod req'd.

approx price:
$18 - witch
$10 - Combo Bowl
$1 - Coke or Boylans or Stewarts bottle
$8,000 - $250,000 - Car

Would you really smoke hookah in a 250k car?

yes, if i could afford that kinda car then i deff would, hell i would have one custom built into the arm rest if i had that much money Edited by btuner

I made a box with a hole cut out to hold the base steady and it worked pretty well... the only proplems are the coals i just add a little extra lip around the top of my bowl and it holds the coals from sliding

It is unusual, come to think of it, that the combo bowl is the only wind cover that I have ever come across that latches, essentially becoming a safety bowl. One would assume they would have at least a little competition in the market.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Nov 24 2007, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Akkbar @ Nov 24 2007, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what they should make is a wind cover that latches onto the ash tray

They have :-

click here

JD

JD >.< i think he meant like a normal, large-sized windcover that fits around the bowl latching onto the ash tray... the piece under the bowl >><<

Smoking hookah in the car just doesn't seem like a bright idea to me. Maybe I give too much of an ish about my interior. I have a hard enough time keeping coals off my carpet at home let alone the carpet, dash, and center console in my car. It also seems like a huge distraction to me. Different strokes.

QUOTE (mdl @ Nov 26 2007, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smoking hookah in the car just doesn't seem like a bright idea to me. Maybe I give too much of an ish about my interior. I have a hard enough time keeping coals off my carpet at home let alone the carpet, dash, and center console in my car. It also seems like a huge distraction to me. Different strokes.

how the hell do you guys manage to drop coals? seriously. I haven't even remotely come close to dropping a coal on anything

QUOTE (btuner @ Nov 26 2007, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how the hell do you guys manage to drop coals? seriously. I haven't even remotely come close to dropping a coal on anything

My biggest problem would be what to tell the officer when you are pulled over. First off, it it is going good, you will look like something out of Cheech and Chong. Then try to explain that it is just tobacco and fruit. I think this would make a very long night. Not to mention, ashing the coals while driving would be a bit of a bitch.

QUOTE (btuner @ Nov 26 2007, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If someone drunk grabs the coal too tightly and it breaks apart, or if someone swipes at the hose and the hookah falls. Accidents happen and drunken carelessness doesn't help either.

QUOTE (btuner @ Nov 26 2007, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

two words: friends + alcohol (I'm not counting + as a word, that would be silly)

when i'm smoking by myself i don't have any problems w/dropping coals, but when i have people over, they tend to bump the hookah or yank out the hose, causing the coals to fall out. ive put some decent sized holes in my dorm floor from clumbsy ass friends

Some hookahs are inherently tippy, hand made hookahs can have uneven bases, my syrian does. This combined with useing longer hoses that can get tangled in legs is asking for disaster, and in a moving vehicles, it is inevitable that there will be spills.