Habibi Reviews

Braavos

Post your reviews below for Habibi Flavours. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Habibi (flavour)

(edited by mushrat because people don't read the rules. Please don't start new review threads yourselves.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been using Nakhla Double Apple exclusively in Barcelona, but I've felt like switching it up lately. I picked up a pack of Habibi Orange at the local TABAC. The vendor didn't have much in the way of shisha (some Al Waha, some Habibi, and a ten-pack of Nakhla that I could never finish in a month). I asked for his personal recommendation, and he suggested the Habibi Orange. He said it was better than their Banana and their Apple (the only other two he had).

First of all the pouch is not 50g. It is listed as 40, and that may be liberal. The tobacco smells like orange syrup, with a heavy dose of floral. It is, it should be noted, the stickiest shisha I've ever seen. My hands still smell like orange-scented soap, and I really didn't handle it all that much.

Tastewise, soap again comes to mind. The orange is there--sort of--but it is overpowered by the floral, and in a bad way. It tastes strong, but far less fruity than it should. I kept waiting for the orange to come through, and it never really did. The taste was not pleasureable in the least.

I am using a smallish hookah and a small bowl, and so only used one coal, in halves. The smoke was thin and whispy, though it got slightly thicker ten-fifteen in. With more heat I might have hade a better experience, although I think that the flavor may have procluded that.

After half an hour or so, I gave up and tossed the bowl. I offered the rest of the pack to my friends, who were not interested either. I ended up tossing that too, and letting the Nakhla get the taste out of my mouth.

I haven't tried the other Habibi flavors, but given the feedback here and my experience with Orange, I probably won't be trying them again anytime soon. Edited by mushrat

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (Braavos @ Nov 13 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Post your reviews below for Habibi Flavours. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Habibi (flavour)

(edited by mushrat because people don't read the rules. Please don't start new review threads yourselves.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been using Nakhla Double Apple exclusively in Barcelona, but I've felt like switching it up lately. I picked up a pack of Habibi Orange at the local TABAC. The vendor didn't have much in the way of shisha (some Al Waha, some Habibi, and a ten-pack of Nakhla that I could never finish in a month). I asked for his personal recommendation, and he suggested the Habibi Orange. He said it was better than their Banana and their Apple (the only other two he had).

First of all the pouch is not 50g. It is listed as 40, and that may be liberal. The tobacco smells like orange syrup, with a heavy dose of floral. It is, it should be noted, the stickiest shisha I've ever seen. My hands still smell like orange-scented soap, and I really didn't handle it all that much.

Tastewise, soap again comes to mind. The orange is there--sort of--but it is overpowered by the floral, and in a bad way. It tastes strong, but far less fruity than it should. I kept waiting for the orange to come through, and it never really did. The taste was not pleasureable in the least.

I am using a smallish hookah and a small bowl, and so only used one coal, in halves. The smoke was thin and whispy, though it got slightly thicker ten-fifteen in. With more heat I might have hade a better experience, although I think that the flavor may have procluded that.

After half an hour or so, I gave up and tossed the bowl. I offered the rest of the pack to my friends, who were not interested either. I ended up tossing that too, and letting the Nakhla get the taste out of my mouth.

I haven't tried the other Habibi flavors, but given the feedback here and my experience with Orange, I probably won't be trying them again anytime soon.

Had the same flavour,

Habibi Orange
Coals : two 3Kings on outside of the bowl

Smell/Flavour : Orange syrup, cheap orange candy smell. Flavour is soapy orange syrup.

Smoke: Lots of smoke, doesnt seem to get harsh quickly at all. The smoke becomes slightly less flavourfull with time though.

Buzz: Same as Nakhla i would say. Pretty strong.

Score : 6.5 out of ten. Wouldn't buy again unless i have no other choice.