Questions About Starting A Hookah Lounge

Im thinking about starting a hookah lounge in abour 3-4 years time. I was wondering what it takes to run one, what you need to do about the laws, how much it costs (building, taxes, ect) and anything I didn't ask.

Thanks

P.S thinking about starting the lounge in Texas.

If you're seriously thinking about starting one up you should be doing lots of research all over the web. Get a good idea first and then ask specific questions.

It's a lot of hard work running any kind of business but running a hookah lounge would be rewarding. Mushrat is a good one to ask specific questions of when you have gotten that far. His Hookah Bliss lounge is very well done.

Well, i have been doing research for about a month now, i just want to talk to people that currently own one to get a better idea of how things work, like i said before im not planning on opening up a hookah lounge for about 3-4 years, plenty of time to save up money and get as much info as needed.

QUOTE (Estariol @ Nov 7 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry my last post was rubbish. What I meant was that there are loads of resources out there already.

Here's a prescriptive business plan for a hookah lounge. It would make a very useful resource:

http://www.hookabusiness.com/

Good luck.

No, it was a good post. And I'm more than happy to help if i can...

Look out for hookahbusiness.com we've had nothing but bad reports on them.

QUOTE (high_society @ Nov 7 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually got their business report thing and it doesnt help. The best thing to do is find your own business proposal and work with that.

Just think about starting the kind of hookah bar YOU'D want to smoke in. The math is pretty simple with a decent spreadsheet program. I asked a lot of questions here on the forum, asked a lot of people I know about running a business like I wanted, Found a REAL great business accountant who did ALL my paperwork and does great reports and tracking of hopw well I was doing, AND ballances my checkbook . tongue.gif Got a program by Quicken called Legal Business Pro or those words in a different order, anyways, for about $100 bucks that has every legal form you will even need to start including how to file federal and state forms, tax forms, bills of sales, promissory notes, everything I needed, And a great business lawyer who was kind enough to review the stuff the computer created and NOT charge me an arm and a pound of flesh closest to my heart. biggrin.gif

After that you get to go shopping for goodies, and that makes it ALL worth while. laugh.gif

Thus endeth chapter 1.

You need demand. In my area, the hookah was just a fad for most, but it still lingers.

Last year I went and smoked at a local bar on Halloween and it was packed, say 50-60 people. I went this year and wavered between 15-20 people.