Hobohookah

mushrat

This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with www.hobohookah.com. Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.
Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here.

• 2 months later...
Ordered: One full hobo hookah with all the normal accessories (hose, bottle, bowl etc). Price was $69

Experience: The order arrived about five days after I placed it-I live in Prague, Czech Republic and that is like overnight service because of where we are and that it has to clear customs here.

Shipping was to my utter delight by Fed Ex which is not cheap to Europe. It is however absolutely the best as it bypasses the slow and often incompetent Czech Postal Service (my Czech wife confirms this). They paid extra from their own pocket for this service as I ordered it around Christmas and they did not want to have the order delayed. You cannot ask for more than this. They also described it for customs in such a way as there were no customs duties to pay on it.

Everything was in order, well packaged, and worked perfectly out of the box.

I am delighted with this gem and could even use it as my everyday hookah of choice if I did not already have a Mya Gyro. However I like it enough that even at home I alternate between these two.

In my opinion, it is well worth the money, the construction is flawless and it looks like it is built for a lifetime. Easy to clean and odor free stainless steel shaft.

Smokes like a dream, like a much larger hookah-thick clouds of beautiful smoke with no harsh taste (with ice in the base, of course!).

Rating: Customer service 10/10
Construction: 10/10
Overall Rating: 9/10 and that is simply because I would like to see a purge valve if they could manage it, and also a way to fit on a wine bottle-for some odd reason that is the only bottle I haven't been able to fit it onto. Both minor points. I would buy this again in a hot second!

• 2 months later...
Jerry, i envy you haha

Heres my story.

about a week ago i emailed Hobocans (the hobohookah company) with a question about the hobo hookah. I have yet to recieve a response, this morning i had emailed them (they have been open for about 3 and a half hours) and after 2 hours of no response i decided to call them. The phone rings, and rings, and there is no answer. A few minutes ago i call them again, ring, ring, and no answer.

I am very close to giving up on the company, but I've heard so many good things from people, especially Jerry, that a part of me just wont give up.

3/25: sent another email earlier today pretty much stating that I'm frustrated
3/27: Finally get through with a phone call, the man was on a trip for the past week, he apologized, and answered all of my questions thoughtfully and offered VERY quick responses through email correspondence. He has given me some more information regarding the hookah, and I feel as if i soon may purchase one.

-Nate Edited by nat3r