Meduse Pipes

QUOTE (dude3516 @ Nov 6 2007, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn they're expensive, and the shipping must be horrendous with all the metal and coming out of the Czech Republic

actually i live in sweden so with the UPS Cash on Delivery they charged my friend 50$.. so it isn't cheap but in my opinion it was worth it.. even though i thought he was crazy at first ordering a pipe what cost 500$ biggrin.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (everydayshisha @ Nov 8 2007, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone here really thinks that those pipes are used for shisha? Cmon guys, they are clearly using the name "hookah" to avoid any legal issues. Just look at the bowl. I hope your friend wont use it for smoking anything alse than shisha out of this

Cheers

haha no he doesn't, and i think you're wrong it's made for smoking hookah. But of course, with the reducing adapter it looks like you can smoke a whole lot a things in it.. but as i said.. he only uses it for hookah smoking

QUOTE (Zildjian @ Nov 6 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you gotta take pics. i dont see any shisha or heat source. im interested to see. they look cool, sounds like they smoke aaight...

surely i can take pics if anyone is interested smile.gif but, i you want to see where to put the shisha and the coal.. look att the homepage.. then function.. by the way.. bad thing about these hookahs is only quick light coals will fit.. and the hoose is pretty heavy so it's not so hard to knock the pipe down =/.. but even though it has been knocked down from the table a couple of times.. it is still made out of steel so no problems there smile.gif

QUOTE (mountainsmoke @ Nov 6 2007, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha mushrat you said that you had to ban the maker of this hookahs a few times so i think you have to ban it again.
sorry but his first Thread and his first post in this forum and he just talk about the medusepipe and how cool and better it is than a mya tongue.gif lol this is 100% advirtisment from a maker or friend of the producers of this medusepipes tongue.gif

sorry to tell you man:P didn't meen to advertise.. but i liked the hookah.. and wanted to share and see what your thoughts wore.. i can agree 500$ for a hookah is insane.. i couldn't afford it.. and even if i could i still wouldn't buy it. but my friend did and he liked it very much, and that is the best pipe i've smoked.. i gotta be able to say that without it being advertising? dry.gif
and yes i'm new at the forum, because the swedish forum for hookah www.argilion.com is pretty much dead.
and i'm not tryin to talk down mya.. beacuse i've got a mya orbiter.. and it's the best damn pipe i've had, and a 100 times more priceworthy than the sniper.. BUT i still think that the sniper smokes better

I just looked over their website and wow.. Those hookahs are rediculous. I have never seen anything with gasmasks before, that would be very interesting for smoking shisha in. I think that the sniper is a good idea, however, the expense of the hookahs would make me have second thoughts unless I owned a hookah bar in miami and could afford something like that....

this is a hookah forum and we only discuss about hookah here.

QUOTE (everydayshisha @ Nov 8 2007, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone here really thinks that those pipes are used for shisha? Cmon guys, they are clearly using the name "hookah" to avoid any legal issues. Just look at the bowl. I hope your friend wont use it for smoking anything alse than shisha out of this

Cheers

Well time for my opinion of the Meduse pipes.
I have been reading this thread everyday since its start and I formed my opinion, Those pipes are ugly as hell
Not only that I think they disgrace the hookah culture in general. hey don't even resemble a hookah. Come on people buy a beautiful looking pipe not some over priced piece of crap that every rich asshole is going to have in his living room. Just to impress people. Buy hookahs that are hookahs.

i`m sorry to say it, but the price was 800 euros and not 80 like i thought. i don`t understand the high price tag either, you can get 10 khalil mamoons or 8 mya gyros for that money. 80 euros was just to good to be true i guess. the bowl is pretty small and doesn`t look like you can put a phunnel or even regular egyptian bowl on it. i only bought some nakhla lemon. the meduse brute was still the same one as the last time i went there and i doubt anyone will ever buy it.

There is very little innovation in hookahs period. Medusa is just trying to take something traditional, which pretty much all looks the same, into avant-garde pieces of modern accessory. I got no problem with that.

The thing is, these things are avant-garde. Hence the price and the fact that most "traditionalists" don't like the looks of them. I don't expect these to show up in everyone's living room, but I do expect them to show up on some TV shows or at Euro Hookah Clubs where a head of shisha is 50 euros and you pay for drinks by the bottle.

Anyways, I think there will be a move from tradition in the future, especially as the epicenter of hookah moves west (simple fact: there are wayyyy more people in the West who have wayyyy more money than the East, so that will dictate some sort of move to accomodate their tastes). I embrace it as inevitable, and I don't really think of it as bad. Its just different. Its change. Ill always have an Egyptian hookah in my house, but I could see in the future, that that will probably not be the one I smoke most often and probably not the one the college kids will be smoking out of either.

QUOTE (Hobocans @ Nov 11 2007, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is very little innovation in hookahs period. Medusa is just trying to take something traditional, which pretty much all looks the same, into avant-garde pieces of modern accessory. I got no problem with that.

The thing is, these things are avant-garde. Hence the price and the fact that most "traditionalists" don't like the looks of them. I don't expect these to show up in everyone's living room, but I do expect them to show up on some TV shows or at Euro Hookah Clubs where a head of shisha is 50 euros and you pay for drinks by the bottle.

Anyways, I think there will be a move from tradition in the future, especially as the epicenter of hookah moves west (simple fact: there are wayyyy more people in the West who have wayyyy more money than the East, so that will dictate some sort of move to accomodate their tastes). I embrace it as inevitable, and I don't really think of it as bad. Its just different. Its change. Ill always have an Egyptian hookah in my house, but I could see in the future, that that will probably not be the one I smoke most often and probably not the one the college kids will be smoking out of either.

Quite valid points all around and certainly soemthing to watch. I myself only use Mya's in the lounge and only sell Mya's. I have several Traditional pipes. both egyptian and syrian configurations, and the Mya's are just generally build better, stronger, and with the exception of some glass isssues, I think they will last longer. So I think Hobo is right, as more westerners start seeing hookahs as part of THEIR lives and tradtions, the are going to want more modern looking hookahs to fit with their modern, high tech, lifestyles.

QUOTE (olooko @ Nov 5 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how the heck do you smoke out of the sniper?, where does the coal and shisha go?

What i should have said was "I don't see where the coals and shisha rest, it seems hidden"

Also the sniper is a portable hookah, you can walk around town smoking that thing. I saw it in a germn youtube video on hookah.
Water Pipe Report
(Approx at 5.05min into the video) Edited by olooko

QUOTE (olooko @ Nov 15 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how the heck do you smoke out of the sniper?, where does the coal and shisha go?

What i should have said was "I don't see where the coals and shisha rest, it seems hidden"

Also the sniper is a portable hookah, you can walk around town smoking that thing. I saw it in a dutch youtube video on hookah.
Water Pipe Report
(Approx at 5.05min into the video)

that is german, not dutch.

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Nov 15 2007, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (olooko @ Nov 15 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also the sniper is a portable hookah, you can walk around town smoking that thing. I saw it in a dutch youtube video on hookah.
Water Pipe Report
(Approx at 5.05min into the video)

that is german, not dutch.

There was a word that looked like dutch, but it sounded like german so i just picked one. Thks for clearifying that up.