"expired" Shisha

So I went to our local tobacco shop a couple hours ago and bought some Pharaoh's, which is a brand ive never tried before. I was about to open it when i noticed the little tamper seal marked Exp 07/2007. I havent opened it yet because im wondering whether i should return it or not? I read that most people say it doesnt matter and I think they only had 3 or so other tubs so they are most likely expired too so Id probably hold off on pharaohs. The shop is actually like a block away, so it really doesnt matter to me, I'm just wondering if I'll seem like a complete asshole. What do you think?

well i know that AW can hold up to 2 years after its printed exp date, and pharoah's is def. sealed better than AW. i say try it, and if its dry/bad take it back then.

no need ot start trouble where none is needed.

oh and also, i know that in the case of al fakher, that is the date manufactured.

QUOTE (Stealth @ Oct 28 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I went to our local tobacco shop a couple hours ago and bought some Pharaoh's, which is a brand ive never tried before. I was about to open it when i noticed the little tamper seal marked Exp 07/2007. I havent opened it yet because im wondering whether i should return it or not? I read that most people say it doesnt matter and I think they only had 3 or so other tubs so they are most likely expired too so Id probably hold off on pharaohs. The shop is actually like a block away, so it really doesnt matter to me, I'm just wondering if I'll seem like a complete asshole. What do you think?

I have some Pharoah's shisha, and honestly best stuff ever IMO. but Pharoahs is good 3 years past production date. I would go to the star and ask about it. and the plastic jar is good enough, that even if it has expired..... it might still be good. but i would go back and ask about it if nothing else.

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Oct 28 2007, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh and also, i know that in the case of al fakher, that is the date manufactured.

the older packages of AF only have production date stamped on the box.
the newer ones (with the new seal) have production date and expiry date.
at least thats what i saw on my empty mango box (old style packaging) and strawberry and grape (new style packaging).

Ok. For some reason I feared this was a well know tobacco related faux pas. It was indeed the Experation date as I mentioned. I decided to try it anyway, as a few months over a 2 year life really is nothing. It was pretty good. As I said I've never tried the brand before. I'll make sure to take a better look for the date next time. Not that I wouldent buy it expired, but If there is a marked experation date for a store to sell it they should probably offer a couple bux off.