Everything is 4

Travis Moore

Now stop and think about this one...at work this guy was going on about how everything all comes back to the number four.  Usually I would shut this guy out but it made sense oddly enough.
So here's an example: Elephant The word "elephant" has 8 letters---> the word eight has 5 letters--> five (5) has four letters--> therefore everything is four. (or 8 is 5, 5 is 4)
Try it with a different word: cat--> 3 letters--> "three" is spelled with four letters--->once again, everything is four. (or 3 is 4)
Does that make sense? try it with any word. Can someone say too much time on their hands haha.  It's deep man.

Lets see---someone---seven leters----spelled with 5----and 5 is 4...go figure.

OK the longest word in the english dictionary.

pneumonomicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis---- fourty letters----i guess
its 4 but it does not follow the same logic as fourty is spelled with 6
letters and six is three and three is 5 and five is four.  So i
guess this worked.

• 6 months later...
What a load of ethnocentric crap. Try it in spanish or french or whatever foreign language the school board gave you in high school... Lets see... siesta contiene seis...seis contiene cuatro...cuatro contiene seis...seis...que lastima!

no no, siesta contiene seis... seis contiene cuatro.  cuatro.let's try something elsebaloncesto contiene diez, diez contiene cuatro.arboles contiene siete, siete contiene cinco, cinco contiene cinco.  uh oh.this trick only works because of the unique way our words for numbers just happen to contain a convenient number of letters.  but that spanish one shows that tangiers is right too, but for the wrong reasons.  you don't keep going past cuatro ;p  well, maybe his reasons were right, but the example wasn't.  :)

No, no, no. The puzzle I heard was somebody names a number. Lets say ten. Ten goes to three, three goes to five, five goes to four, four goes to itself. Try another one, twelve goes to six, six goes to three, three goes to five, five goes to four. Nine goes directly to four. In spanish, on the other hand, 6 (seis) goes to 4 (cuatro) which goes to 6 (seis) and back and forth.