Juicing Or Draining The Juice In Shisha

Has anybody ever done this before? I went to a local hookah bar, Omar's Hookah Lounge near ASU West campus, and the manager said he does that with all of his shisha. He set up an AF Grape & Mint mix and I do have to say it was an amazing smoke session. I went home that night and drained the juice of my Layalina Black Grape and it did appear to smoke a little thicker. Let me know if any of you have tried this.

When I drained the Black Grape, I took all the shisha into my hand and squeezed the juice out of it. It looks kind of gross and feels very weird but it works. Kevin from Omar's Hookah lounge recommended buying some kind of a non-stick cloth that you can find at Home Depot and "ringing out" the shisha juice.

yeah, im going to agree with mush on this. it's the juice that flavors it right? so juicing it would only dry it out, and i would think make the sessio not last as long, because you would cash your bowl faster. if you just want a quick smoke with little mess, i spose you can do this, but i wouldn't

QUOTE (Bushbr @ Oct 26 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, im going to agree with mush on this. it's the juice that flavors it right? so juicing it would only dry it out, and i would think make the sessio not last as long, because you would cash your bowl faster. if you just want a quick smoke with little mess, i spose you can do this, but i wouldn't

Good point there on the shorter session..good for turn over, bad for a decent smoke session....

i would think that many lounges think that people who go to smoke hookah really just want there to be thick smoke that kinda tastes like a certain flavor. Im not saying all by any means cause i would love to hit up HookahBliss or Tangiers place but they are just too far! I remember before i found this forum smoking Nakhla Double apple in a mod bowl with a screen and two coals and enjoying it. I have smoked 2A once since then and it lasted about 5 mins before i was like, "gross" (to anisey/licorice). Many people go there for the atmosphere. There are NO hookah bars in Tulsa! So if someone opened one and it was decently priced and had a nice environment and looked nice, they could probably serve soex and be very successful. I was thinking the same as Bushbr and Mush, drier thus thicker and faster smoke, shorter session, higher turnover, more money, less hookahforum.com customers =)

QUOTE (mushrat @ Oct 26 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bushbr @ Oct 26 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point there on the shorter session..good for turn over, bad for a decent smoke session....

The AF Grape/Mint session of the "juiced" shisha was awesome. Very awesome. I thought it was a crazy idea too until I had smoked it and it left me baffled. The session was going past an hour and it was still smoking strong, with not as much coal needed. I know it sounds crazy and I'm not sure about it just yet. I am going to smoke more of my Layalina black grape that I "juiced" to compare.

I wonder if it's a cultural thing? I heard that tip from someone else before just a few months ago. Over at Kabob Palace in Phx, one of the owners suggested doing the same thing. He had a kilo bucket of AF Apple and it was all juiced. He said that's the only way he smokes it. Both the guy from Kabob Palace and Omar's hookah lounge are from Jordan.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Oct 26 2007, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds liek a waste of time... but if you wanna do it, i'm sure theres like wax coated cheesecloth somwheer out there.

I think the material was something along those lines. I think I'll go back to Omar's to try out more kinds of his juiced shisha to compare to untampered shisha. Let me tell you, it felt blasphemous draining the juice from the Layalina Black Grape. unsure.gif Edited by MrMoodz