Dishwasher Safe?

I searched the threads but didn't really find a solid answer to my question,

I was cleaning my hookah tonight, and was getting pissed because cleaning SUCKS. and i wondered if all my parts were dishwasher safe. i figure the stem should be, being stainless steel and all, but im not sure about the bowl grommets and base.

anyone do it regularily? bad experiences? would love to know.

QUOTE (Dekon @ Oct 26 2007, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bowl and grommets shouldn't be washed in a dishwasher but i am curious about the stem and base inside of the washer.

i figured the grommets wouldn't be the best idea, the bowl i wasnt sure of, i would assume it would be fine if you got a glass one, or even a metal one

the vase is what im most curious about though

Vase should be fine. The only problem is the design on the outside. If you have a plain vase, no biggie, but if you have paint or some other design, it will come off in the dishwasher.

The rest of it is hit or miss, depending on the quality of the hookah and grommets.

QUOTE (bobosap @ Oct 26 2007, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats how i clean my hookah, btw whats wrong with putting the bowl in the dishwasher?

i guess i just always thought that with it being clay and all....dont really want to risk it.

QUOTE (Bushbr @ Oct 26 2007, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats how i clean my hookah, btw whats wrong with putting the bowl in the dishwasher?

i guess i just always thought that with it being clay and all....dont really want to risk it.

Not just that...the vase does have the odor of chemicals after only a few uses (at least for me) that is very tough to remove unless you SCRUB and then keep detergent / water in there for some time before rinsing away. Personally, I don't want my smoking device which has chemical / odor depositing from smoke to be in with the my eating dishes. Sort of like super dirty laundry - you'd probably clean it separate rather than with your normal clothes. I'm skeptical if the dishwasher will clean something with the weird shape of a hookah bowl (narrow opening). Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (thegreengoblin707 @ Oct 26 2007, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bushbr @ Oct 26 2007, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not just that...the vase does have the odor of chemicals after only a few uses (at least for me) that is very tough to remove unless you SCRUB and then keep detergent / water in there for some time before rinsing away. Personally, I don't want my smoking device which has chemical / odor depositing from smoke to be in with the my eating dishes. Sort of like super dirty laundry - you'd probably clean it separate rather than with your normal clothes. I'm skeptical if the dishwasher will clean something with the weird shape of a hookah bowl (narrow opening). Just my 2 cents.

If water can get in and stay in a champagne glass then it should be able to clean the base of the hookah. Now i wouldn't leave it up so water can collect inside, i'd place it down one of those prongs as far as i can and make sure that all the water will drip out.