Anyone Carry A Pistol?

mushrat

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1323276013' post='532014']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1323270140' post='531995']
[quote name='laurencarreen' timestamp='1323267776' post='531989']
In the city where I live, I don;t think I know anybody to care a weapon. I think that they are dangerous and unnecessary.
[/quote]

While I can and will totally respect your opinion, that sentiment is false. A gun is no more dangerous then a car. But each one of us is entitled to our own opinion.
[/quote]

Agreed.

If you hit someone with a car, you know what one of the charges added by the DA is... Assault with a Deadly Weapon. A car is a deadly weapon. Not always but they will if they don't like you (I am friends with an ADA)

Dangerous? Only if you are untrained on the weapon or have ill intent in using....just like a Car.... Why we don't let unlicensed drivers drive, and people that drive recklessly and use it with intent to harm, get prosecuted by the law.

Unnecessary? When impossible happens and evil is expelled from this world along with everyone going vegan. I will gladly give up my guns, until then I will protect my family.
[/quote]
[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1323277979' post='532017']
[quote name='laurencarreen' timestamp='1323267776' post='531989']
In the city where I live, I don;t think I know anybody to care a weapon. [u]I think that they are dangerous and unnecessary[/u].
[/quote]

that is just plain disconnected from reality. and honestly, the vast majority of the people who are carrying would not tell you. I have friends I've known for years, and was completely surprised to find out they were packing. I live in a moderately remote rural area, both tribal, and the sheriff have told me that response times in my area can be over an hour on good summer days, and if it's the middle of winter… To quote the sheriff… "The truth is, you're most likely going to be on your own."

as for being dangerous, if they weren't what exactly would that be good for? Paperweights?
[/quote]

All of this, OP is a retard plain and simple. Sorry if that's too offensive for HF but that's the damn truth.

Sadly OP's mindset is growing stronger and stronger every day in our nation and it's completely ignorant and disgusting to watch.

I don't conceal carry on my person but in my state we are allowed to have them in our vehicles without a permit and I travel with mine all the time. You will never know when you will need it. I shoot monthly and I have been training using proper gun safety since I was 12.

Gotta watch out for granny with the MP40...
she'll shoot 'em in the "toodles" Sounds painful

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=--K3X6rptE4"]http://www.youtube.c...e&v=--K3X6rptE4[/url]

Banned or not, calling Lauren a retard attacks the OP. I don't think this thread needs to go that route, we can keep this a civil discussion.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't see anything wrong with lauren's "I think they are dangerous and unnecessary." Most phrases beginning with "I think" are opinions and don't have to be right or wrong or factual. I can be within my rights to say, "I think limburger tastes like ass" and be just as right because that's my opinion.

Me, I'm not a gun fan. Too many idiots out there with guns who don't know how to use them. Those of you who take care and practice and do all the right things, well and good. But like with the car analogy, there are those who follow the rules and those who don't. Maybe if I didn't hear on the news so often about "caught in crossfire" or "accidentally shot" I'd have a different opinion.

[quote name='atalanta' timestamp='1325111543' post='534035']
I don't see anything wrong with lauren's "I think they are dangerous and unnecessary." Most phrases beginning with "I think" are opinions and don't have to be right or wrong or factual. I can be within my rights to say, "I think limburger tastes like ass" and be just as right because that's my opinion.

Me, I'm not a gun fan. Too many idiots out there with guns who don't know how to use them. Those of you who take care and practice and do all the right things, well and good. But like with the car analogy, there are those who follow the rules and those who don't. Maybe if I didn't hear on the news so often about "caught in crossfire" or "accidentally shot" I'd have a different opinion.
[/quote]

in the same respects (playing off of your own analogy w/ the cars) If you're not a gun fan.. are you also not a car fan?

Alabama is a CC state and I have a CC permit. We're also an open-carry state, but few people actually carry like that. Too great a chance that somebody will try to steal your firearm before you have a chance to react, plus it makes people nervous. Surprise is a better option.

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1325112549' post='534042']
[quote name='atalanta' timestamp='1325111543' post='534035']

[/quote]

in the same respects (playing off of your own analogy w/ the cars) If you're not a gun fan.. are you also not a car fan?
[/quote]

To further the car analogy, more (10x +) people are killed by inattentive driving each day than killed by firearms accidents. 2008 statistics are all the newer I have, and that year the CDC reported a total 617 firearms accidental deaths (no breakdown by CC holder) and 6430 deaths tied directly to distracted drivers. No doubt that number has grown significantly with more widespread use of personal electronics.

You and your cell phone driving a car are far more dangerous than any CC holder. The crossfire of your text message is just as deadly as a JHP. But I bet you have used a cell phone while driving.

I bet there is at least one arse that wishes all young women... especially this one... didn't "believe in" owning a firearm.

IGA coachgun Vs. knife-wielding intruder. And the results were what you would expect. Now how can anyone with an ounce of living brain tissue think this lady should have become a victim? 20+ minutes on the phone with 911, and still no jackboots showed up. No plea bargain, or parole for one of the 2.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605#.TwRQUDXOy5I

Amen!

My late wife was a Birmingham police officer. She used to say that most of the time the best law enforcement could do was react AFTER the crime, very rarely could they do anything before the crime. We're all responsible for our own self-defense and the defense of our families. I'm not paranoid; I live in the real world.

I like stories where the perp ends up DRT (dead right there).

I live in a CC state. I carry a Taurus Ultralite .38.

http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?series=UL2

I open carry it when im not wearing a jacket as that is allowed here too.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1325777684' post='534670']
I live in a CC state. I carry a Taurus Ultralite .38.

I open carry it when im not wearing a jacket as that is allowed here too.
[/quote]

Didn't put you as a revolver type mush.

Never Jam. Don't have to police your brass. Also, since i gots little hands (i know what soemone is gonna say, its a lie) this small frame is the perfect fit. Plus with +p hollow points and 2 extra strips of ammo in my pocket im probably ok. :)

Plus i do own a Beretta 92G as well. But its too big for a regular carry gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1325783117' post='534674']
Never Jam.[color=#ff0000] Don't have to police your brass[/color]. Also, since i gots little hands (i know what soemone is gonna say, its a lie) this small frame is the perfect fit. Plus with +p hollow points and 2 extra strips of ammo in my pocket im probably ok. :)

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92"]http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Beretta_92[/url]
[/quote]

I'm just curious what concerns you about policing your brass? Your not a sniper and unless your committing a crime and not wanting to leave evidence, I just don't get that.

And your 2 extra strips plus your gun equal one magazine of mine. lol

"Policing your brass" means picking up the spent brass cartridges.

Some people reload, so they collect the empty casings.

Also, some ranges are strict about picking up the brass.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1327783198' post='536882']

[/quote]

I'm aware of what policing your brass means. I did totally forget about reloading, however I've never been to a range that's strict about brass, they just sweep it all up at the end of the day and sell it/recycle it.

[quote name='claytronmeans' timestamp='1327798021' post='536917']
[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/uofkboy/2012-01-24_13-22-04_715.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/uofkboy/100_1011-2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png[/img]

jk. That's awesome. :)

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1327785267' post='536892']

[/quote]

I'm aware of what policing your brass means. I did totally forget about reloading, however I've never been to a range that's strict about brass, they just sweep it all up at the end of the day and sell it/recycle it.
[/quote]
The range I go to is outdoors. Sweeping up the brass is kinda hard to do, and since we're usually the only ones there when we go, it's our responsibilty to help keep the place clean. There's nobody hired or assigned to do the job.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1327808239' post='536923']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1327785267' post='536892']

[/quote]

[/quote]
The range I go to is outdoors. Sweeping up the brass is kinda hard to do, and since we're usually the only ones there when we go, it's our responsibilty to help keep the place clean. There's nobody hired or assigned to do the job.
[/quote]

I envy you, I'm hard pressed to find an outdoor (pistol) range in IL.

If you're ever down this way pay me a visit.

My son-in-law is a gunsmith who owns lots of firearms that I could never afford, but I get to use them at the range. I'm down to my lowest point in years - 3 handguns and 3 rifles. He owns more than 40 handguns.