Tonic Review

mushrat

Tonic Tropical Fruits

Tonic Tropical Fruits is mild in both flavor and smoke. We got a zesty taste out of this one. It seems less moist compared to other Tonic flavors which resulted in a little less smoke than the others. It proved to be very consistent throughout tests with various bowls and coals. We think this one might serve good as a mixer.

View Video Review Here

Tonic Orange

Tonic Orange has an outstanding smell and excellent flavor. The smoke density provided nice thick clouds. It proved to be very consistent throughout tests with various bowls and coals. This one has a very present orange aroma when smoking it. If you like orange then give this one a try. The buzz was present and went well with the flavor.

View Video Review Here

• 3 weeks later...
Tonic Strawberry Daiquiri

Tonic Strawberry Daiquiri is much like a real strawberry daiquiri drink. It has a slight hint of strawberry and a slight hint of another flavor which represents the alcohol. If you’re looking for a strawberry flavor you’re probably better off getting strawberry only flavored tobacco however if you just crave the strawberry daiquiri taste then this one might be for you. The smoke density provided nice thick clouds. It proved to be very consistent throughout tests with various bowls and coals. We would have liked to see a bit more of the strawberry flavor in this one.

View Video Review Here

• 4 weeks later...
Tonic Raspberry Cheesecake

Tonic Raspberry Cheesecake is an interesting blend of a mild raspberry taste combined with a cream type flavor which resembles a cheesecake. This one was not dead on to an actual raspberry cheesecake but we could see where Tonic was going with this one. The smoke and durability was good. A few small stems were found but nothing beyond the average. There was no present identifiable aroma when smoking Tonic Raspberry Cheesecake. It proved to be very consistent throughout tests with various bowls and coals. We would have liked to see a bit more of a raspberry taste combined with the cream flavor from Tonic Orange Cream Delight.

View Video Review Here

well tonic is now the maker of my favorite shisha exotic lolipop is the best shisha i have had so far. the cut is amazing no stems and very very juicy i loved it. and not to mention the amazing smell it gives off when i opened the can everyone in the room was like omg wats that then we all went on to smoke like half of the can becuase everyone loved it so much they all went out an bought it i have also heard it mixes very well with sex on the beach Edited by Mo Niz

• 2 months later...
Tonic Watermelon

Cut: medium cut, pretty juicey but lots of little stems and a few really large stems.

Hookah
: 40' km Exotica w/phunnel

Coal
: japanese charcoal

Duration:1.30

Smoke Thickness
: Very consistent smoke, little harder to get super milky clouds. Tobacco seemed to be really sensative to heat.

Buzz: non existant

Smell: smells identical to AF watermelon except it has a slight hint of citrus

Taste: Awesome taste. taste like it smells.

Overall:8.5/10 if it wasnt expensive would be an everyday smoke.

Tonic Jello Shots

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Mya Cloisonne
Coals: Coco Nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Fine Cut, Super Juicy, Swimming in Red Dye
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: Just like Jello
Taste: Tastes a lot like Jello. Said it had a hint of vodka, but I didn't taste it. I will throw a shot in next time to enhance
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 3 Hours

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
8/10 Taste was really good. Not a flavor for everyone, my wife didn't care for it much, but I liked it. After a couple of washings my fingertips are still red. All around not too bad, I like it. But the red fingertips may keep me from buying a lot of Tonic.

• 1 month later...
Flavor: Strawberry Kiwi
Cut: medium with few stems (very similar to starbuzz)
Setup: Egyptian style 30'
Bowl: traditional clay bowl with wind screen
Coals: natural coals, and the natural finger coals

In my opinion the flavor was underwhelming, Al Fakhar and Starbuzz are a better brand for the money. There was however a little thicker smoke than you would get with Al Fakhar and SB, the buzz was mild to strong. I like this brand, it might njust be a bad flavor choice.

Overall: 7 out of 10

• 4 weeks later...
Tonic X-ENERGY

Cut: Same as everyone else says.

Hookah
: 27" KM, standard bowl, Mya hose

Coal
:Easy Lite Exotica coals.

Duration:1 Hour

Smoke Thickness
: Good Thick Clouds.

Taste
: The shop i picked it up at said it was a Red Bull Flavor. I was excited seeing as fusion also has a red bull flavor out. Smoking it i never really noticed it tasting anything like a red bull. It really reminded me of Pharaohs Melon Mango flavor actually. Good Flavor and all just not what i was expecting, but i will smoke the rest of it with a smile on my face.

Overall
:8/10 only reason i give it an 8 is because flavor wasnt red bull to me. good smoke though. i look forward to trying more flavors of this brand. It seems to be very heat tolerant as well which is a huge plus in my book.

Tonic Jello Shots

Set-up - KM zoharia trimetal', KM hose, small phunnel, 3 starlight coconut coals (had to add a 4th fairly quickly(

Appearance - the cut was fairly large. there were pretty large pieces and a few stems.

Smell/Taste - can't quite put my hand on the smell/taste...but it wasn't a big hit for me...my friends thought it smelled exactly like cherry jello and loved it...

Buzz - didn't notice a buzz

Smoke - at first i had 3 coals on a small phunnel and it just wasn't enough so i had to ADD a 4th coal...it seemed ridiculous to me but after that 4th coal got thrown on there it was pumping out smoke. my best guess would be that tonic is a very high heat tobacco. after it got going the clouds definitely compared to AF

Length - bout an hour and 45 minutes...i'm sure it could've gone for awhile longer but i had to be headin out

Overall - not really a fan of the flavor...but tonic is definitely some good stuff and i'm going to be checking out some other of their flavors in the future. probably won't buy this again depending on how much everyone else likes it. (could be nice just to have for parties and such)

• 3 months later...
Tonic Aries

Hookah: Magdy Zidan Sahara 26"
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Hose: Nammor

Appearance: Fine Cut, Super Juicy, Swimming in Red Dye
Smell: Slight Anise flavor
Taste: Just a light smoke with only a slight undertone of anise
Smoke: Good Clouds
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
8/10 The Tag on the can is "Taste Confident With a Super Chilled Flavor" This reminds me of Romman Summer Crisp. It's a cool smooth smoke with a very slight anise flavor. A great smoke. Was worried about the Zodiac flavors, but now I wanna try more!

• 2 months later...
Tonic Exotic Sex

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Hose: Caravan Hose

Appearance: Short Cut, Super Juicy, a few stems
Smell: Very Fruity
Taste: Like a Chilled Sex on the Beach Drink
Smoke: Huge Clouds
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
10/10 The Tag on the can is "Exotic feelings require smooth bright flavors" This tastes just like a Sex on the Beach Drink. This is great flavor, best sex on the beach shisha I have had. This is just a great shisha, despite the buzz, I might actually keep this shisha around.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tonic Sex On The Beach

Set up:
mya acrylic
mya bowl
Reynolds HD 1 layer
coco's

Cut: Similar to Starbuzz, Brown, Really wet.

Smell: Can't really pick out a specific smell. Really sweet smelling!

Taste: Not very good. It didn't really have any flavor it was just really really really sweet.

Buzz: none

Clouds: Shitty clouds. For the second round I added a small amount of vegtable glycerin and the clouds improved drastically though.

Duration: 1 hour

Overall: 2/10
I am so mad I bought this, I bought it at a mediterranean market thinking I was getting a good deal. It was 14.99 for a 250g tin. This was my first experience with tonic shisha and dont know if I will buy anything from tonic again. It had no specific taste, it was just really really really sweet. It's so sweet it made me sort of sick. The clouds were very minimal and it was a complete waste of money! Dont buy tonic sex on the beach it sucks!

WILD CHERRY

The can’s label says “crisp & sweet taste of wild mountain cherry” and I thought it was cool that the Tonic brand has a little snippet on the can that describes the flavor. You don't see that on many shisha brands out there do you?

SET-UP: Mya Bambino w/the original hose and small Egyptian bowl that came with my Bambino; tin foil; and 2 Exotica coals

Smell: intense sweet cherry, smells good enough to eat

Smoke: the clouds are on par with Starbuzz’s massive clouds; and the taste kicks in right away and stays consistently strong to the end of the bowl. This shisha lasted a looooooooong time and is impervious to high heat: it doesn't get toasted. Very nice...especially for noobs

Buzz: this shisha has a .05% nicotine content, so I didn’t expect a buzz, surprisingly it was a nice mellow buzz that was noticeable

Taste: awesomely delicious cherry with nothing else added - there’s no perfume, no spice, there’s nothing there but CHERRY all over my tongue. Yum! This shisha has the strongest and best cherry flavor I’ve had so far (compared to Fantasia Mon Cherry and Fusion Cherry)

Rating: 9/10 – I LOVE the taste of anything cherry or berry, so I’m happy I took a risk and gave Tonic a try in the 250g tin

I don’t think Tonic sells a 50g size because I’ve only seen the 250g tins, but I’m glad I took a risk and gave this a try! It's a little cheaper than Starbuzz and it's right on par with SB quality IMHO.

This is the first Tonic shisha I’ve tried, and they do cherry so well that I’ll definitely try other Tonic flavors! I hope others give it a shot and share their recommendations on other flavors…So if anyone has recommendations of other top-notch Tonic flavors, please let me know and share your reviews! I'm really curious why there aren't many reviews here, maybe it's a price issue or this stuff isn't a highly distributed shisha??? ireful.gif

It's $18.95 for a 250g size at hookah-shisha: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/view...?idCategory=295

If nothing else, check out the bizarre names of their different flavors! Too damn funny...."fruit pizza" and "X Energy" freakin weird...and original for sure Edited by SilverK

• 3 weeks later...
Tonic French Kiss

This review comes courtesy of Taqseem Hookah Company out of Sacramento, who were nice enough to send me a free sample. I signed up a while back and received no confirmation or anything, but it randomly showed up at my door a few weeks later after I had forgotten about it. Free shisha is always a pleasant surprise!

Appearance:
A nice, moist cut of golden brown tobacco. Not super-wet or anything, but reasonably juicy. Very pleasing to the eye.
Smell: The box it came in smelled like those generic heart-shaped suckers you see around Valentine's Day. When I opened it up and took a closer smell, it was much, much stronger. I could swear I picked up some vinegar notes in it. Box smelled great, but don't let your nose get too close to the bag.
Taste: The first few pulls were absolutely disgusting. It had an overwhelming sickening sweetness to it that was just too much for me. After maybe 5-10 minutes, though, the sweetness curbed a bit and it became smokeable. Some reviewer said that he could detect cardboard flavor in it, and yeah, I can definitely pick up a bit of a cardboard flavor, mostly in the after-taste it leaves in my mouth. Still, throughout the whole session, I could not find what I could nail down as a definite flavor. It is just a sickeningly sweet candy taste, somewhat similar to the aforementioned Valentine's suckers but not quite.
Smoke: Nice and puffy plumes of smoke. Nothing too impressive, but certainly not disappointing.
Buzz: No sir. It is a washed shisha and I smoke primarily Nakhla and Tangiers. Tonic never had a chance for me in this department, but I am not going to dock it any credit because frankly I did not expect a buzz at all.

Overall: It definitely captures the essence of Valentine's Day, from the overly sweet, flavorless candy to the little cardboard cards that people give out. Probably not what the makers intended, but hey, it replicated a holiday, so bonus points I guess? It was entirely too sweet and had no discernible flavor for me. It grew on me as the session went to where I kind of almost liked it (a glowing recommendation, I know), but for the asking price of a full batch of Tonic, I would say it is definitely not worth the cash. It was nothing impressive and I could only recommend it to those who like really sweet shisha and have deep wallets.

As always, feedback and recommendations via PM are welcome and encouraged.

• 2 weeks later...
Tonic French Kiss

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: H-S Glass Bowl
Hose: Nammor Hose

Smell: Very Sweet
Taste: Sweet and Soapy
Duration: 1 Hour

Purchased From:
Sample from Taqseem.com

Overall:
4/10 The Tag on the can is "So delicious Fruity After-taste Will Keep you Wanting More!" This was a free sample, not sure how I qualified for it, but I am not complaining. Well... It's not great there have been others saying these samples taste soapy. It's soapy with a sweet fruity after taste. I am reviewing this now, but now I want to get a production line tin to try. But as for now... this isn't very good.

• 2 months later...
Tonic Exotic Baklava

Hookah: Mya Gelato Grande
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Hose: Scalliwag Wahsable

Smell: Overwhelming Sugar Baked Goods
Taste: Very Sweet and Tasty like real baklava

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
10/10 The Tag on the can is "Experience Sweet Original Flavor of Mediterranean Baklava." This a delightful break from fruity shishas. It tastes just like the Baklava my Greek Neighbor made for me. I LOVE THIS! It's a very unusual taste for most people, but overlooked, I recommend everyone try this!

• 4 weeks later...
Tonic Doughnut

Hookah: Tangiers OG Tri-Metal

Appearance: Short Cut, Super Juicy, a few stems, red dye
Smell: Strawberrry
Taste: Sugary like a strawberry filled doughnut

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
8/10 The Tag on the can is "Same Taste No Calories Real Winner!" So being simply named "Doughnut" and the picture on the can could be a cake or glazed doughnut. Turns out it tastes like a Strawberry Jelly Filled Doughnut. It's a good flavor, but I was really hoping for a straight doughnut flavor. It's a good smoke, very good flavor. But don't be fooled by the name "Doughnut" it should be "Jelly Doughnut"

• 1 month later...
Tonic Exotic Lime

Hookah: Tangiers OG Tri-Metal

Smell: Strong Lime
Taste: Lime

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
8/10 The Tag on the can is "Exotic in Look Exotic in Flavor Hard to pass on!" It's a good Lime flavor, it could be a bit stronger, but if I can't get Tangiers Lime, Nakhla Margarita, this is next in line.

• 2 weeks later...
Tonic Grapefruit

Hookah: Khalil Mamoon Signature Ice

Smell: Grapefruit
Taste: A non sour grapefruit, slightly sweet

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
8/10 The Tag on the can is "Fresh as A real grapefruit Full of Flavor" It's a good Grapefruit flavor. It's not sour, more slightly sweet. It's not candyish. It's good I like it. I like it a lot, just wish it was sour.

Tonic Cinnamon Roll

Hookah: Khalil Mamoon OG Trimetal

Smell: Cinnamony
Taste: Like a Churro

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
8/10 The Tag on the can is "So Real Flavor of tasty Cinnamon Rolls" Tastes like a Churro. Doesn't quite taste like a cinnamon roll, doesn't have a the taste of icing. It's a good flavor. But it tastes similar but slightly different to the Baklava.

• 2 months later...
[size="3"][b]Tonic [color="#ff0000"]Raspberry Cheese-Cake[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah: [/b]Khalil Mamoon Basha
[b]Bowl: [/b]Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds HD
[b]Hose: [/b]Syrian Hose
[b]Coals:[/b] Coco Nara
[b]Base Liquid: [/b]Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Super Juicy, a few stems, Swimming Red Dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base: [/b]Honey & Glycerin
[b]Smell: [/b]Like Candy
[b]Taste:[/b] Raspberry Cream Saver
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Hour
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com
[b]
Overall: [/b]8/10 The Tag on the can is "Taste creamy combination of fresh raspberries & our Signature cream flavor" This tastes like a Raspberry Cream Saver, with a bit of bubblegum on the exhale. It's one of the flavors you have to think about. It doesn't clearly scream "great" or "awful" I like it as it's different from my regular flavor selection. But it's not one I could smoke a lot of, but I do think if you like Tonic, this one will be a great one for you.

Tonic Cosmo

Appearance: Identical in texture to SB. No red dye though.

Smell: Hmmm, this one's hard to describe. Like a cherry vanilla cola; not much like an actual cosmo.

Taste: Very good. It's definitely a love or hate flavor. One I will be keeping in my stash for an occasional smoke (not something I could do every time).

Clouds: Very nice! Just slightly less than SB.

Buzz: None for me.

Overall: 8.5/10 A great smoke. It's very comparable to SB, but a little cheaper and maybe not quite as good IMO.