Tonic Review

mushrat

Post your reviews below for Tonic Flavours. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Tonic (flavour)

Ok so I guess I'm the first to post a review!

I got my free 250g tin of Tonic today and the flavor is Cosmopolitan.
First impressions where good, it smells great and the cut is fine with only a few stems. The tobacco is really juicy as well.

Setup:
KM Amer
Nammor hose
Superchief bowl
Natural finger coals

Flavor: tastes just like it smells, which happens to be awesome! Seriously I love this flavor, its almost impossible to describe since Ive never tasted a cosmopolitan but it has a very good taste thats not overpowering.

Smoke: I was blowing storm clouds, thick white smoke for about 1.5 hours.

Buzz: There was a good buzz but I havnt eaten anything since 10 this morning so I'm assuming that it will be less of a buzz on a full stomach.

Duration: It lasted just over an hour and a half when my coals died out. It probably could have kept smoking well but I didn't feel like lighting more coals.

Overall: 9/10 this was a really great flavor that smoked very well almost the entire session. I just wish I knew what cosmopolitan is supposed to taste like lol. Huge thanks to Tasqueem for the free trial, I'll be buying more flavors of this stuff in the near future!

Edited by Foos

Went to my local shop, and low and behold they have tonic in stock already. So I bought wild cherry and white grape wine.
Was only able to smoke the white grape wine, but it was amazing.

Set up:
Mya qt two hose
medium phunnel bowl w/ mod
small amount of tobacco because I figured it would last pretty long.

Tabacco: good cut to it, not to thick but not to fine also.
Smell: amazingly strong smell, you could almost taste the wine.
Smoke: took a little bit to get started, but when it did it was on like donkey kong.
the clouds were pretty big, and my roommate couldn't believe my little qt was producing all the smoke
Duration: we smoked on it for a good two hours with a half packed medium phunnel and three 3kings large coals
Buzz: this is the kicker, call me a light weight, but I had a pretty strong buzz going on. I smoke everyday, at least one bowl for a while now,
and this is the strongest buzz I have ever had.
Overall: 9/10 I think this is my new brand of choice, and I would recommend it, but be advised of the strong buzz it creates.

(edit: forgot to add my score)

-Russ Edited by tinman

Tonic Shisha Review

Mojito - Lemon & Mint

My set up
-

Mya hookah
Nammor hose
Medium funnel w/ mod
Single layer foil
1st Session - Had no coal... so went to Wholefoods market and bought "Quicklight incense coal" TRUST ME do not use this, was good for an hour or so but after that you feel very ill lol .... never doing that again
2nd Session - Used some other crappy quicklights, however these where actually designed for smoking, they just didn't last long
2 x Special lemonade wink.gif

Ok so here goes with the review...

Packaging - Top notch packaging, looks classy and is study for leaving in the boot of your truck etc. wink.gif very similar to Starbuzz packaging

Cut - The cut was perfect, wasn't too small and wasn't too big really good size in my opinion. Also the shisha is very juicy and who doesn't like the juice! yum yum

Smell - The smell was sooooo good, smelled identical to a Mojito, I was actually smelling it all day. The smell penetrated right through the sealed packaging so it was very pungent.

Set up - Put it in my Med funnel bowl with a single layer of foil and two circles of holes, used 2 of the crappy Wholefoods quicklights for the first session (Thursday), needed 3 to get it going properly, and the crappy local hookah shop coals on Saturday. The shisha took about 10 minutes before it was producing good clouds.

Clouds - Big and flavourful clouds, the flavour was very accurate I guess the word is, both me and my friends agreed it was very nice.

Buzz - The buzz was pretty big, if not the largest buzz I have had from a pure shisha experience. Though I haven't had tangiers yet smile.gif

Overall - Loved it LOVED IT!!!! Was one of the best I have tasted and would recommend it to any and everyone. And again I'd like to thank Tonic / Tasqueem for the sample

9.5/10
Edited by bkag

Tonic Mixed Fruits

Shisha Cut: Has same cut as Starbuzz. Noticed some large stems but nothing real bad. I consider this one of the small cuts as far as shisha.

Hookah Type: Mya Gyro 3-hose

Duration: Went on for 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Bowl: Tangiers Medium Phunnel Bowl with Mod

Foil/Screen: Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil. Put double foils on bowl. Larger holes made with the tongs poker.

Coal/Amount: 1 Exotica coal split in half.

Smoke: Very thick smoke. Very much like Starbuzz. Smoke didn't seem to really die out.

Buzz: No buzz..the stuff is washed.

Smell/Flavor: This stuff smells real good and strong. When it arrived I could smell it from outside the packaging box. I personally don't like 'mixed fruit' but I definitely don't mind smoking this one.

Notes: This shisha acts very much like Starbuzz. If you like Starbuzz then you'll like this. An online retailer already has it for a few bucks cheaper than SB. I personally am not a fan of the mixed fruit flavor but it does smoke very smoothly. I would personally go for another flavor and thats why I'm not giving it a 9 but otherwise this is good stuff. This is one of the flavors that everyone can smoke and some will like it and others wont mind it.

Edited by RayVer

Tonic AFTER SEX

CUT: Similar to Starbuzz but a bit meatier. Kind of reminded me of a blend between Starbuzz and Havana.

Hookah Type: Egyptian, Single Cobra style Hose

DURATION: 50 minutes. Smoked it alone

BOWL: Small Phunnel with Heavy Duty Foil and Scallis Mod

COAL TYPE: Golden Quicklites broken in to 3 pieces

SMOKE: Fairly thick. Not quite as thick as most Starbuzz experiences, but nice.

BUZZ: Light. Nothing to write home about. Just a smooth smoke ala Starbuzz

TASTE: Very citrus. Strong grapefruit/orange peel/sweet and tangy. I don't know how to describe it. It tastes just like it smells which is a strong citrus/grapefruit smell

SCORE: 8/10- I really quite liked this flavor but it is unique and it will be a 'love it or hate it' for sure. It wasn't quite as good of an experience as I usually like, but that was due to being out of ice, so the smoke was a bit hotter then I like it to be. It smoked almost exactly like Starbuzz but didn't have quite as thick of smoke. Still, I look forward to try other Tonic flavors. I'm not sure if I would stock this one regularly, but I'd be happy to smoke it again.

THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE SAMPLE!!! biggrin.gif

Tonic Orange Creme Delight

Cut: Same as everyone else says.

Hookah
: Ol' Woody the wooden hookah.

Coal
:Easy Lite Japanese coals.

Duration:About 2 hours.

Smoke Thickness
:Very Thick. Stayed thick.

Taste
:A very nice creamy orange taste. It was so smooth aswell. It sort of tastes like the time I smoked an orange/vanilla mix with milk in the base. The only difference now is that there's no milk in the base.

Overall
:9/10 I really like this stuff. Not my personal all time favorite but I will be buying more. Edited by Nutshell

Tonic Sour Apple

Hookah

Coal

Duration:1 hour.

Smoke Thickness
:Very Thick. Stayed thick.

Taste
:Go buy a green apple at your local store. Take a bite. Congratulation you just tasted what this tastes like. I think it's an amazing flavor. It's just too bad after you smoke it for a while it starts to make your throat tingle and it hard to continue smoking.

Overall
:8/10 I smoked it a couple times now every time my throat starts to tingle but other then that it's a very good flavor. I have not smoked it with my friends yet so I don't know if it's just me or not that gets the tingle. I would say it's worth a try as the flavor is quite good.

EDIT: I had some friends smoke it. None of them got a weird feeling in my throat like I did the first few times. Because of this I want to change the score to 9.5 as it does taste amazing. Definatly worth buying again. Edited by Nutshell

Tonic - Mixed Berry Chiboust

[attachment=699:DSCF0004.JPG]

Front says: Mixed Berry Chiboust with a vanilla twist

Research: Chiboust is a pastry, who knew?

Cut: Very nice, a little bit bigger than Starbuzz with fewer stems too

Appearance: Dark red, hint of brown

Smell: Me: Sour Berry-ish with a tart accent/\Friend: mmmm, Minty smile.gif (I could not smell any mint)

Hookah: Egyptian rotator with cobra hose, cold water, medium phunnel with tea light mod, one QL at a time, broken into four, windcover on almost the whole time, heba diffuser

Duration: On the the third coal it was pretty much done, I guess about an hour and a half

Smoke: Thick, about as thick as SB, maybe a little less. Did a weird thing in the beginning where it was burning for apparently no reason, but I guess that could have been me. Once I moved the coals it stopped. I thought it was more heat tolerant than SB the rest of the time though

Buzz: More than SB but less than AW. perfect amount for me

Taste: Fairly Subtle, could have been my set-up though (I don't seem to get much taste lately)
Me: Not much of a fruit taste, mostly vanilla and pastryish/\friend: Mint again (I don't understand that)

Overall: very nice, wish it was a bit more fruity but o well, also didn't seem to last all that long
Me: 8.6/10 friend: 7.7/10

Hippies smoking:
[attachment=700:DSCF0005.JPG]
[attachment=701:DSCF0006.JPG]

I purchased Tonic 3 flavors (Cosmopolitan, Sex on the beach and wild mint) from hookah-shisha but i'll review only wild mint.

Tonic
Wild Mint

Price: reasonable

CUT: same as other above

Setup: 36" Super nova rotator with cobra hose

BOWL: Egyptian clay bowl

COAL TYPE: Holland golden coals

DURATION: about 1.30 hours.

SMOKE: very thick smoke.

TASTE: Very strong smell. It tastes like you eat spearmint toothpaste.

SCORE: 7.5/10 I don't really like this flavor. However, I've plan to purchased more flavors in the nearly future. Edited by bobo_piggy

Tonic AfterSex

Hookah

Coal

Duration:About an hour.

Smoke Thickness
:Just like the others. I got some nice thick smoke from it.

Taste
:I'm not sure. I just can't seem to put my finger in on it. At first I thought it was going to taste like fruity pebbles because that's what it smells like but when I smoke it has weird(as in different, not bad) taste to it. If I had to compare it to something you don't smoke I would say it kind of taste like a sweet tart but not so sweet.

Overall
:7/10 Like I said it isn't a bad flavor but I cant really describe it to you. Like haunt1 said this is an hit or miss flavor. If your feeling adventurous and have the cash to spare I say give it a try. You might like it.

Tonic: Raspberry cheesecake

Setup:
36" Super Nova Rotator

Bowl: Egyptian clay bowl

Hose: Cobra hose

Coal: Golden coals

Cut: Same as people above

Duration: About 1.30 hrs

Smell: Pretty good!

Taste: Like you eat real raspberry cheesecake, very sweet and creammy.

Overall: 9/10 It's worth of your money.

• 3 weeks later...
Tonic: Orange

Setup: Mya Bambino

Coal: Three Kings

Cut: Same as people above

Duration: About an hour

Smell: Extremely good

Taste: I am a huge fan of orange. Having smoked a tin of Starbuzz orange that was amazing, I just picked up this tin today. Wow. I want my money back / exchange for Starbuzz. This stuff has 1/4 the orange flavor as starbuzz.

Overall: 5/10. I was adventurous to try it since it looked like a pretty good Starbuzz knockoff. Tin, packaging and all. But I'll stick to starbuzz.

thecoalition's tonic reviews (rayver's setup minus the nice rating bar)

Raspberry Cheesecake:
Shisha Cut: Similar to starbuzz, medium cut, some stems included with tons of juice, it leaked out of the cans and plastic packaging

Hookah Type: Mya Frost w/ Nammor Hose

Duration: Went on for 1.5 hours.

Bowl: Tangiers Medium Phunnel Bowl

Foil/Screen: Double foiled with larger holes from tong poker

Coal/Amount: 1 and a quarter 3k 40mm.

Smoke: Very thick smoke after about 10 minutes.

Buzz: No buzz.

Smell/Flavor: very strong smell of raspberries, not so much the cake part

Notes: it took a minute to get it going but once started I detected raspberry and vanilla, would have been nice if they could have gotten a graham cracker taste in but difficult to replicate that

8.5/10 - i was expecting a little bit of cinnamon or graham but the raspberry vanilla was still soothing. would go nice with some basic tea
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flavor: Cosmopolitan

Shisha Cut:
Medium cut with stems, very juicy as well.

Hookah Type: Mya Frost with Nammor Hose

Duration: Went on for 1 hour and 45 mins

Bowl: Standard Mya ceramic bowl

Foil/Screen: Single foil layer with 2 rings of holes made by a picture hanging nail.

Coal/Amount: 1 3k 40mm split in half

Smoke: Very thick smoke. that took only a few seconds to get going

Buzz: No buzz.

Smell/Flavor: amazing potent smell, very fruity but not like the cosmo drink which is cranberry flavored. the shisha is cherry and vanilla with a little spice perhaps cinnamon or cola?

Notes: very nice taste and tasted creamy. smoke was full and heavy but the taste is over all nice

10/10

will be back once i smoke the orange cream delight

edit- after about 4 hours of smoking...definite buzz going on but that could be because i ended up smoking alone for 45 minutes because my girlfriend is sick and couldnt take anymore smoke on her lungs Edited by thecoalition

Orange Creme Delight

Shisha Cut:
Unlike the others this was similar to a nahkla cut

Hookah Type: Mya Frost w/ Nammor Hose

Duration: Went on for 1.25 hours.

Bowl: Tangiers Medium Phunnel Bowl

Foil/Screen: Single foiled with larger holes from tong poker

Coal/Amount: 1.5 3k 40mm

Smoke: Very thick smoke after about 4 minutes.

Buzz: Slight buzz prolly because i haven't smoked a lot of hookah in a few months (ive been poor).

Smell/Flavor: very strong smell of orange (not so much cream)

Notes: took a minute to get it going (i need to get a super chief) tasted more like orange than anything. in fact, tasted much like nahkla orange or mandarin. i was hoping it would be more like an orange vanilla mix

8/10 -this should be called...orange...just plain old orange.

Triple Apple

Setup:Mya Paragon 3 hose (33 inch)
Bowl:Standard Mya Bowl
Hose:2 Mya hoses 1 Nammor
Screen/Foil:Renoylds non heavy duty 1 layer
Liquid In base:Water/Ice
Coals: 1 3K 40mm broken up and divided around the top

Cut:Fine, very juicy, not too many stems

Smell:Very strong apple smell, similar to nakhla double apple

Taste:just as it smells, realllly good

Smoke Thickness: Nice thick clouds, wasnt long til it was started

Buzz: Nothing major

Duration: We wanted to try a lot of flavors, but for what we did,lasted an hour and still have a good strong flavor too it.

8/10

Peach

Setup:Mya Paragon 3 hose (33inch)

Cut: Just like Triple Apple, very juicy, finely cut

Smell: My god.... Best smelling peach I have smelled lol. Smells so good, very strong peach smell.

Taste: Just like its smells

Smoke Thickness: Nice clouds within a matter of seconds!

Buzz: Nothing major

Duration: We wanted to try a lot of flavors, but for what we did,lasted an hour and still have a good strong flavor too it, plus on this one it started burning hot.

9/10 Edited by avtomat

Watermelon

Setup:Mya Paragon 3 hose (33inch)

Cut:Fine, Juicy, some stem

Smell: Kinda like watermelon candies

Taste: Like it smelled actually, just like it...

Buzz: Nothing really

Duration: We wanted to try a lot of flavors, but for what we did,lasted an hour and still have a good strong flavor too it.

8/10

• 4 weeks later...
Tonic - Mojito

setup: Old school rotator, nammor, egyptian bowl, 3k quicklites.
smell: It smelled pretty strong, no real hints of the lime a mojito should have though.
cut: The cut was very good, not too long and not to short with almost no stems. (It is weird they dyed the tobacco green though)
smoke: The smoke was thick enough to easily compare to starbuzz.
taste: the flavor of the smoke was very strong, unfortunatly there was no taste of lime at all, just very strong mint (which wasnt terrible but i would rather have it taste close to a real mojito)

Overall: 7/10 i doubt i would ever buy it again instead of something else, but if your into mint give it a try.

Tonic Chocolate Mint Vanilla

Cut
: med, some stems, dark brown and semi-wt/drippy

Hookah
: 22" Eygptain, 27" Syrain

Coal
: Exoticas (typ 2 1" pieces @ a time + windcover)

Duration:45min to 1hr 15min +/-

Smoke Thickness
: decent smoke, thick @ times (w/ windcover)

Buzz: iffy, could get stronger with deep pulls, but slight to mild overall

Smell: Smelt similar to AW Afternine, but with faint undertone of vanilla and less "sweetness"

Taste: Was weaker in overall taste than AW's afternine, but stronger than SB's version. Less mint, more chocolate and vanilla. Good amount of sweet, without overkilling the whole mix.

Overall
:7-7.5/10

It has some pluses: cheaper than SB, less sweet & overpowering than Nakhla's or AW's. It's a decent mix with real chocolate flavor that wasn't overpowered by the mint. BUT... if suffers ALOT of the same issues as SB: heat sensative, no real buzz to it and not much cheaper than SB.

Nice change of pace from AW's version, but still not really worth the extra money (IMO).

• 1 month later...
Tonic Cosmopolitan
Setup: Inhale/Super Hookah 1 and 2 hose hookahs, Ballerina 3 hose hookah, standard bowls, Diamente finger charcoals and Golden Quicklight charcoals, Cobra Hose, Metal Hoses, Standard Hoses, Water in base
Appearance: Greyish with almost no stems.
Smell: Smells great! A little like a cosmopolitan but more of a sweet, for lack of better terms carbonated/fizzy flavor.
Duration: Lasts around 1.5 hours, sometimes a bit more.
Smoke: Fairly thick, not the absolute thickest I have had but definately up there.
Taste: Tastes mostly like it smells. Very enjoyable, but not really too cosmopolitan like. Definately strong flavor though.
Overall: 8.5/10. I really liked the stuff, but it not really cosmo flavored. Also, I have not found a place to get this stuff cheap so it was really expensive.

Mojito
If you like other mint flavors you'll love this. Has a nice after taste unlike some mint flavors out there. Worth the price. 9/10
Cosmopolitan
Doesn't really taste or smell like a cosmo. Not complaining as it is a good flavor either way. 7.5/10
Watermelon
A lot like AF Watermelon just not as strong as AF (AF Watermelon tends to have a very strong taste for me. Tonic's is just right for me.) 9/10
Peaches & Cream
It's just peach. I sense no cream of any sort in this flavor. Peach is still good but a bit misleading. If I bought just plain ol' peach I would give it a 8/10 but I bought peaches & cream so I have to give it a 6/10.(Just get a regular peach flavor.)

Tonic Double Apple Review

Tonic Double Apple is the perfect blend for a double apple flavor. It has a nice smooth flavor without the strong anise taste as found with other brands. It proved to be very consistent throughout tests with various bowls and coals. It smells like your typical double apple just not as strong. If you want an apple flavor but have turned down other double apple because of the strong anise taste then give this one a try.

View Video Review Here

Tonic White Grape Wine Review

Tonic White Grape Wine seemed a bit off on the taste. This one took a little longer to get started than the other flavors from tonic but it did smoke well once it really got started. It's consistent and didn't have any burning problems but the taste was different from inhale to exhale which proved to be rather unpleasant throughout the overall session.

View Video Review Here