23 replies to this topic

#1 arez

arez

Bey - Low Lord of the Hose.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

I just recieved a new hookah setup and I naturally just tried it out, after about an hour i noticed I was having a great difficulty pulling through the hose, so I removed it and out puors a fountain of water. Somehow the pressure got the ball bearing stuck in the closed position and I don't really know how to get it unstuck. I tried to take off the metal inlet for the hose but it doesn't appear to screw on or off, though I admittedly didn't want to force it so much that i broke it. Any ideas on how to get it unstuck? It's a two hose stem but I'd still really like to use the other side too. Also any ideas why this happened so that it may be prevented in the future?

Thakns in advance.

#2 ZenSilk

ZenSilk

Grand Sultan - Sultan of Shisha

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

Plug the other stem and the top and blow in through the downstem as hard as you can? haha.

Wheerd you get this hookah?

#3 bkag

bkag

Pasha - Majestrate of Mu'ussel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

Try lubing it up from both sides then blowing it out as Zen said smile.gif

#4 arez

arez

Bey - Low Lord of the Hose.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Oct 17 2007, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheerd you get this hookah?

Hookah Hub

#5 mushrat

mushrat

Who says you have to LIKE me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,308 posts
  • Interests:If you need to reach me my email is adbliss(at)yahoo.com.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:14 PM

This has been used before....

Heat it with a torch or even a lighter, the part it's stick in will expand slightly before the ball does and use something to pop it out with. It may fall out once the part it's stuck in expands.

How did I screw up my links after all this time???

target="_blank">facebook

HookahLover25 : (22 February 2011 - 04:47 PM) Edit icon GIN is not my friend. Wood pecker tasting goat eating rainbow slushy munchy double gummy bear drooling smurf jumping flash banging downstairs underground hiding little midgets crying a river playing triple penetrating frogs rolling down a mudslide full of Sasquatch eating Eskimo smelling skunk ass drooling burning nostrils of no remorse dying infront of a doorbell that's not even working worthless worms sunbathing crispy friend chicken. I hate GIN... Shit is nasty!! Ughhhhhh

#6 shisha fan

shisha fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:33 PM

get the ball out and replace it with a plastic bb gun pellet, it will never get stuck again.
Posted Image

#7 olooko

olooko

Emir - Of the Emerald Argileh

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

It needs to be an 6mm airsoft one.

#8 shisha fan

shisha fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

yup, 6mm is the exact right size.
Posted Image

#9 EternalSoil

EternalSoil

Banned

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:52 PM

hit it on table

...you may be able to get by with smacking your hose on the floor a few times ...

water is your best friend.. just lube it with water and push it in. thats how i do it.

Tangiers is made in San Diego and there's a factory outlet/lounge where its made...yeah I run the place. :)

#10 hookah hippie

hookah hippie

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:22 AM

Since we are talking about release valves

My valve is stuck on
it still works the ball bearing moves fine
but i can't unscrew the valve anymore

any suggestions?

#11 Allia22

Allia22

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, drawing, hookah :D

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:24 AM

We get this problem with the glyph at work. Total pain. I usually run it under some hot water and give it a go. Otherwise, find some of that tacky shelf liner and use that to get a better grip. Then make sure you clean the threads VERY well with some vinegar and lemon juice, maybe using an old toothbrush or green scrubby pad to make sure this doesn't happen again anytime soon.

Edited by Allia22, 18 October 2007 - 05:25 AM.

Posted Image

#12 former vendor 2

former vendor 2

Pasha - Majestrate of Mu'ussel

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (arez @ Oct 18 2007, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just recieved a new hookah setup and I naturally just tried it out, after about an hour i noticed I was having a great difficulty pulling through the hose, so I removed it and out puors a fountain of water. Somehow the pressure got the ball bearing stuck in the closed position and I don't really know how to get it unstuck. I tried to take off the metal inlet for the hose but it doesn't appear to screw on or off, though I admittedly didn't want to force it so much that i broke it. Any ideas on how to get it unstuck? It's a two hose stem but I'd still really like to use the other side too. Also any ideas why this happened so that it may be prevented in the future?

Thakns in advance.

"Arez" I'm very sorry to hear about your issue with your new stem. We would love the opportunity to fix this issue to your satisfaction. Therefore please submit a support ticket here: https://www.hookahhu...p?goto=register (please ensure you register first. It takes 10 seconds or less). After you've created your ticket any and all further communication will be handled there. Once we receive your ticket we'll ship you out a brand new stem; at no cost to you, within 1-3 business days; excluding weekends and holidays. Again please except our apologies for this issue "Arez" and have a wonderful day!

#13 Geiseric

Geiseric

Vizier - Molassed Harlequin

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

It's pretty cool that you searched out the topic and helped him out with it. Reminds me of why this community is so helpful, and functional.
Considering he only made two posts though, I doubt this message will reach him.

Edited by Geiseric, 10 December 2007 - 10:20 AM.

#14 mushrat

mushrat

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,308 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:34 AM

not to mention that the OP was almost 2 months ago, I'd say you guys were a little LATE.

target="_blank">facebook

HookahLover25 : (22 February 2011 - 04:47 PM) Edit icon GIN is not my friend. Wood pecker tasting goat eating rainbow slushy munchy double gummy bear drooling smurf jumping flash banging downstairs underground hiding little midgets crying a river playing triple penetrating frogs rolling down a mudslide full of Sasquatch eating Eskimo smelling skunk ass drooling burning nostrils of no remorse dying infront of a doorbell that's not even working worthless worms sunbathing crispy friend chicken. I hate GIN... Shit is nasty!! Ughhhhhh

#15 Bulldog_916

Bulldog_916

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

He should have brought the issue to them in the first place, IMO. Then they might have been able to help him. Oh well.

HH can send me the new stem, I'll take good care of it, promise. wink.gif

seriously, i can't stop holding this thing in my hand. which is scary.

she just likes it harsher then i do.

#16 Geiseric

Geiseric

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:06 AM

not to mention that the OP was almost 2 months ago, I'd say you guys were a little LATE.

Yeah, but they can't honestly be expected to constantly search for every post regarding them and provide support, as bulldog said, it should have been mentioned to them in the first place. I thought the fact that they said anything at all warranted recognition.

#17 billy

billy

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

Blow into your hose?
Posted Image
[The Lounge]: Mushrat has entered at 8:14 pm

[8:15 pm]-[PerznPerversion]: mushrat your the sex

[The Lounge]: Mushrat has left at 8:15 pm

#18 NoPeace

NoPeace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (arez @ Oct 17 2007, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thakns in advance.

i had one that was rusted competely into the stem. what you have to do is unscrew the little thing that juts out that the cap thing screws on. these arent supposed to screw off but if you have to you have to. dont worry it will screw back on. but just take a metal rod and stick it in and push it out. then just screw the little piece back in.
Posted Image

#19 king_lunchb0x

king_lunchb0x

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • Interests:hookah,games,movies,shooting

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

alrighty ima bump this cause i went through 4 threads to find what size you use to replace pruge valves....

now

Question

Will the 6mm BB work for a mya autoseal hose adaptesr..chu kno the ones with the bearings inside them?

p.s. thanks arcane+incubus...i was about to make a new thread(even though there is a page worth of threads that have ball bearing in title only) i remember they recommended to use the search....man i bet that search button has not been touched in months :justkidding:

Edited by king_lunchb0x, 19 December 2010 - 11:09 PM.

#20 mushrat

mushrat

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,308 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:37 AM

hmm...The Mya balls tend to be a bit bigger. If i can find my container of 6mm airsoft bb's ill try it out for you. Or if you are in a hurry you can spend 2 bucks on a box of pellets and see. :)

target="_blank">facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users