The New Tasqueem Tonic Shisha Sample Came Today :) And :(

it seems to me that you would want to diferentiate from your competition. but i guess if you have packaging like sb then people will feel more familiar hence more sales. Sort of a cheap tactic, but w/e business is business.

Ive heard rumors that basically its like a copycat of starbuzz, sorta of like skybuzz. i also find it fishy that its the same price as starbuzz. HMMM

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Oct 22 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's just a worthy competitor (only not-so-worthy based on the lack of price difference...)

If it was 5 bucks cheaper i bet Taqseem would make a larger profit.

I agree. At this point, many people are more familiar and comfortable with SB. While they may try Tonic once or twice, if the products are the exact same price (and packaging, for that matter) then they will stick with what they are used to, and know is good. There really is no real reason to move over if they are equal in smoke and taste and the same price.

The differentiation will be mostly with the flavors available, though. I've seen some Tonic flavors that I'd like to try that SB does not offer.

Honestly, I think the packaging and price point being the same or similar to SB is genius. SB smokers are reasonably comfortable with $20 a can considering they keep buying it (me included), and Tonic being in the same can for near $20 seems completely normal. If it was in a plastic tub or cardboard box I probably wouldn't have even given it a second glance at that price. Also, with it being packaged nearly identical to SB the perception of SB = quality will carry over to Tonic and it might pick up a few new purchasers that would have never noticed it otherwise. It's all psychological.

Granted, I think the SB cans are pretty sweet and I keep empties to put other stuff in like small parts.

from what I've heard of SB and tonic, I don't think im gonna order anyway, because i don't think I'll like it, unless a huge amount of people decide its the end-all-be-alll like most people say for
AF I don't think im gonna get any, maybe if my friends get some I'll try it