Let's Make Our Own Hookah Etiquette List

1. Never interrupt the hookah owner during the set-up process by doing such things as pouring uncrumbled shisha into the bowl, taking the charcoal and trying to light it while it is sitting on top of the bowl or in your hand (yes, a peer has done this while I was trying to set up).

2. Never grab the hose from the person ahead of you in line.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with JD's rule #3, sometimes I dont even smoke at a table... want me to set the hose on the ground? and people are anxious enough to get the hose, i guess.

#9- dont hold onto the hose when you're taking 2 minutes to blow rings, puff it and pass it while youre blowin O's.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Sep 29 2007, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3. Never offer the hose. Allways place it down on the table.

Hrm, we always offer the hose, and we always pass it around. We don't place it on the table.

As for people trying to take the hose from someone when its not their turn, we call it a 'Hose Violation', and they forfit their next turn in rotation. tongue.gif

10. Make sure that the hookahs owner, or the most experience hookah-person is the one who does set up. Unless someone else is givin permission.

I hate when I'm invited to smoke hookah with a friend I know who is well aware of the ways of the hookah, and theirs a bunch of people trying to take over and do it all on their own, usually resulting in a shitty session.

It is acceptable to pass the hose, the proper method is to fold the handle back on the hose and pass it to the next person (the mouth piece pointed towards you); On the receiving end, once he or she has passed the hose to you, it is customary to tap the person's hand after they have released it, a physical form of "Thank you." This is especially prevalent in more crowded atmospheres such as restaurants.

Bryantos is dead on!

The host always tends the fakhem, and the pipe stays on the ground, smaller hookahs are OK on tables designed for such and not for food.

When you are done and no one else wants to smoke, either lay the hose on the table if available or balanced on the ashing tray if still in use. When totally done the hose is wrapped around the stem and the handle hung over the hose stem, tip down.

Never start cleaning and putting away your goodies while guests are present.

This is what I have learned as what has been driven in tome by my Narghila Drill Sergent.

Notice in my attached instructional photo how the hookahs remain on the ground even during strenuous exercise
tongue.gif

QUOTE (KillZedKill @ Sep 29 2007, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
10. Make sure that the hookahs owner, or the most experience hookah-person is the one who does set up. Unless someone else is givin permission.

I hate when I'm invited to smoke hookah with a friend I know who is well aware of the ways of the hookah, and theirs a bunch of people trying to take over and do it all on their own, usually resulting in a shitty session.

Exactly what happens when I am setting my hookah up. Some of the people smoking with me will try to butt in and screw things up.

Man I don't follow any of things things and I make whoever wants to load it load it.... If someone doesn't know how then we teach them. My table hookahs get so many people using them that it's too much hassle to deal with rules...

My main rules is always keep the hose plugged, Share, and don't freaking blow in the hose.

So

-- Don't Buffalo fart the hookah (Don't blow in the hose.) Happened on my last coal and no stores open... it sucked.

A bit long this one.

The one rule:
- When someone asks for a smoke then the person with the hose is allowed to hold up a finger signifying 'one' or to actually say 'one more' or something similar. The person is then allowed ONE smoke on the hose until passing it. After that smoke they are compelled to pass the hose.
Also you are not allowed to ask for the hose just before someone is about to take a smoke. Only allowing them one smoke
A person is allowed a minimum of two smokes if they so desire.

okie i got a pet peeve, i live in a large share house with 5 other students. some of them are morons and i dun wanna smoke nargilar with them. so....

there shld be something were people have to ask to join the session, the owner of the having the final say.

I agree with pretty much most of these already listed. And for myself and my friends, most of these rules are natural to us.

Always hold the hose in the right hand, pass with the mouthpiece towards you.
The whole setting the hose down on a table before pass is kind of a moot point considering that hookahs are not suppose to be placed on a table, unless they are mini's.

Bowl packer gets first smoke, man in charge of charcoals gets second smoke and should be sitting next in the clockwise rotation.

Not really rules or something, just common sense, but
just don't hog the hose, wait untill it's your turn to smoke AND
when it's a 2H and there are 3persons, don't hog 1 hose and let the other 2 persons share while you smoke solely out of that one hose
hate it when my friend does that...