Torrents

iamscott06

QUOTE (iamscott06 @ Apr 15 2008, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Azerous for my mac.. Works okay.. Have either of you tried that? If so, how does it compare to Transmission?

I think it has a smaller fot print, pretty much Transmission is a for just downloads. Azerous has a lot of other features, like the whole "Vuze" thing, not sure exactly wh its called. I prefer tranmission seems "snappier" to me

I also woludnt mind a Deminiod Account, I've been downloading just from direct links lately. http://www.rlslog.net/ usually has links where u cna downlaod the latest realease from direct links. Like Adrive, YaStorage and others.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamscott06 @ Apr 15 2008, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Azerous for my mac.. Works okay.. Have either of you tried that? If so, how does it compare to Transmission?

Transmission def. has a much smaller footprint. I haven't used the other, but friends have and have complained. It has too many bells and whistles. With transmission you can download torrent and create torrents, I don't think you need a program that does more than that. Its def. worth a try

And If anyone with a waffles invite would like to be very generous and pass one along to me that would be amazing. Could trade for demonoid, but I'd assume you have that already or don't want it, but the offer is there.

i have some demonoid invites left. if you send me a pm, ill see if i can accommodate your request.

also, if any of you are feeling generous as to sending me a waffles/torrentleech/indietorrents invite, i would highly appreciate it.

transmission>azureus. it shouldn't even be a debate. the fact that azureus is a java program makes it seem like it takes 234 years to start. it's too bloated and doesn't give me the speeds that i would like; if it were up to me i'd use usenet, but i dont feel like paying every month.
transmission is light-weight, gives you the ability to download torrents faster than azureus, creates new .torrents, and doesn't significantly drain your RAM usage.

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Apr 14 2008, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sensae @ Apr 13 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd appreciate it greatly if someone could shoot me a demonoid invite. Unfortunately I don't have anything to give in return except gratitude. tongue.gif

PM sent. Please make sure you seed too. I can get banned if someone I invite does not seed.

I wouldn't worry about Demonoid too much, they're not too strict on your own ratio let alone your invite's ratio effecting you.

Other sites that are more hardcore about keeping things private will cut you down for a bad ratio though. Places like Nordic-T, IPtorrents, and Black-Cats are a few that I know of.

• 7 months later...
sorry to revive an old thread buuuut is anybody actually in a decent private torrent site? like torrent leech or something like that? Ive got demonoid, bit nation, hd bits, bit tt, and something else if anyone wants to trade invtites for a decent rite. I keep my ratio

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry to add this in, but those of you on college campus' what are you using to protect yourself? I've got peer guardian and I'm hesistant because people are getting popped of left and right for downloading torrents. You cannot really function at school without an internet connection.

Greg

QUOTE (gixxer @ Jan 8 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to add this in, but those of you on college campus' what are you using to protect yourself? I've got peer guardian and I'm hesistant because people are getting popped of left and right for downloading torrents. You cannot really function at school without an internet connection.

Greg

i have whats left of the us court system and the EFF and what not. my school has already shown that it disregards the constitution and hands over any information the RIAA wants because they "have proof that people were downloading music". iirc there hasnt be 1 case that didnt settle out of court yet. the RIAA are a cartel that target people that cant finicially defend themselves such as grannies, broke single moms and college kids. THey also say they have the right to defend artists not signed to their lable which is bullshit. id recommend totally boycotting bands on riaa records if you can or at least music heard over the radio.

QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Jan 8 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gixxer @ Jan 8 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greg

i have whats left of the us court system and the EFF and what not. my school has already shown that it disregards the constitution and hands over any information the RIAA wants because they "have proof that people were downloading music". iirc there hasnt be 1 case that didnt settle out of court yet. the RIAA are a cartel that target people that cant finicially defend themselves such as grannies, broke single moms and college kids. THey also say they have the right to defend artists not signed to their lable which is bullshit. id recommend totally boycotting bands on riaa records if you can or at least music heard over the radio.

right to defend artists not signed to their label? thats sick. i have not bought music in five years and i will never again as long as music is dominated by organized crime

• 2 weeks later...
heres what i know i have:

1 What.CD invite (you will need to show me your ratios on other sites if you would like to nab this...its super-exclusive.)
Multiple Demonoid Invites.
8 Invites to ThePlace (an invite only pickup related tracker)

Here's what i MIGHT have:
A Secret Cinema invite (formerly cinema obscura- Rare and Foreign films)

Here's what i DONT have, but might be able to give out, so i guess you can ask me and ill give you when i get it)
TheVault (business related tracker)
TheBox (british television tracker)

ask and ye shall recieve

QUOTE (nat3r @ Jan 30 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know right? so many people want invites, and they they download one thing and leave.

what a wast, What rocks though, been a member ever since oink went down

Yeah ive been a member a little after since oink went down. I joined What 1 year and 1 month ago smile.gif when the cap on members was 40,000 members.