The Home Depot Hose

bobosap

Not sure I could put copper in my mouth without wanting to climb the walls [like nails down a chalk board]

But i like how it fits in the hookah. My 'home-depot' hose is just too damn stiff, i need to find something
more flexible in hose material so that i can so something similar.

JD

QUOTE (rowland @ Sep 19 2007, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Sep 19 2007, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure I could put copper in my mouth without wanting to climb the walls [like nails down a chalk board]

Actually the hose ends are brass not cooper. Copper was in reference to the hookah.

Even worse! blink.gif

Would not want brass near my teeth neither tongue.gif But that's a personal preference.

JD

QUOTE (chinamon @ Sep 18 2007, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what fitting did you use on the other end of the hose?
could you post of a pic showing both ends of the hose?

that fitting with a bit of eletrical tape to make it fit a little more snug

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Sep 19 2007, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (rowland @ Sep 19 2007, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Sep 19 2007, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually the hose ends are brass not cooper. Copper was in reference to the hookah.

Even worse! blink.gif

Would not want brass near my teeth neither tongue.gif But that's a personal preference.

JD

whats wrong with brass, its not like you are chewing on it =p Edited by bobosap

Nothing wrong with brass! I'm a trombone player and I'm around brass all the time. Like when I marched the Rose Parade. It's a six mile parade route and trombone is one of the more demanding instruments requiring a lot of air and saliva. We had a drill we performed every half mile or so and actually drank our own spit that has been stewing inside the horn with the brass and slide grease. Nasty, but in the heat and six mile marching, any means of substinence is a godsend. And now look at me, no problems *twitch* *twitch*

With brass tho, you do have to be extremely careful when you have an open sore or wound. If the brass gets in, brass poisoning. Haven't suffered from it but I hear it sucks as does the treatment. Bascially, don't smoke when you busted your lip cause they were chapped or you have an active cold sore. Edited by MechAnt

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Sep 19 2007, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing wrong with brass! I'm a trombone player and I'm around brass all the time. Like when I marched the Rose Parade. It's a six mile parade route and trombone is one of the more demanding instruments requiring a lot of air and saliva. We had a drill we performed every half mile or so and actually drank our own spit that has been stewing inside the horn with the brass and slide grease. Nasty, but in the heat and six mile marching, any means of substinence is a godsend. And now look at me, no problems *twitch* *twitch*

With brass tho, you do have to be extremely careful when you have an open sore or wound. If the brass gets in, brass poisoning. Haven't suffered from it but I hear it sucks as does the treatment. Bascially, don't smoke when you busted your lip cause they were chapped or you have an active cold sore.

wow thanks for the warning,
*buys plastic mouthpeices

The 20 footer I made. You would think it was overkill, but its actually a foot too small, I think. We put it in my friends sink with ice and water to keep it cool, then watch TV in the living room. Also, its right next to the stove so we don't have to carry coals around the house. Noone has tripped over it, yet, either. Usually every time we set the hookah up and put it on the table in front of the couch, someone always knocks it over. Theres evidence all over the carpet, too. angry.gif

You can kind of see the tons of burn marks on the carpet

Hookah in the sink. No ice because it was a quick session.

We call this hose The Beast, and rightfully named so. wink.gif

Haha yes!! That is awesome! When i made mine it was like .. 15ft i think.. we kept it at that for a while and smoked it in my friends room, watching tv laying on the sofa/bed whatever it was awesome didnt have to get up at all.. only to pass the hose biggrin.gif

i went to home depot and some jackass thought it would be a good idea to attach all the pieces to the wall so you cant see what fits into what which is gonna cause this to take me atleast 30 minutes just to find the right parts

QUOTE (Bryantos @ Sep 20 2007, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 20 footer I made. You would think it was overkill, but its actually a foot too small, I think. We put it in my friends sink with ice and water to keep it cool, then watch TV in the living room. Also, its right next to the stove so we don't have to carry coals around the house. Noone has tripped over it, yet, either. Usually every time we set the hookah up and put it on the table in front of the couch, someone always knocks it over. Theres evidence all over the carpet, too. angry.gif

You can kind of see the tons of burn marks on the carpet

Hookah in the sink. No ice because it was a quick session.

We call this hose The Beast, and rightfully named so. wink.gif

my friends think my 8ft vinyl hose is to long..... i should of thought of this!! sweet man.
I can imagine cleaning it is a b*tch.

QUOTE (voski @ Sep 24 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i went to home depot and some jackass thought it would be a good idea to attach all the pieces to the wall so you cant see what fits into what which is gonna cause this to take me atleast 30 minutes just to find the right parts

Just open them... that's what I did... then If it fit I bought it... if not I put it back.

we did the same thing.. just a little shorter:) we actually ended up ordering a different hose from a company online. the hoses we found at home depot were too stiff, if you will. we found a softer hose that was easier to work with and basically used the same fittings for the mouthpiece and so on.

ill post the link if i can find the company we orded the hoses from.

QUOTE (OBY @ Sep 28 2007, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (voski @ Sep 24 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just open them... that's what I did... then If it fit I bought it... if not I put it back.

Yeah, I think that's what everyone does. Half the things on the rack are usually opened. Hell, even the employees do it if you ask them for a part to fit something else. The display is just for reference so you know what part numbers to look for on the rack.

I just made one of these with slight differences from the original poster's:

The parts came from Home Depot, and the brand name of the parts is Watts. Parts used:

A-387A Nylon barb to MIP adapter 1/2" x 3/8"
A-815 103-R Pipe Reducing Coupling 1/2" FIP x 3/8" FIP
A-845 PB113 1/2" x 6" Brass pipe nipple
A-390 226 Hose barb adapter 1/2" barb x 1/2" FIP
42143720 Clear vinyl tubing 5/8" x 1/2" (20 ft roll - cut to length needed)
A-380 I.D. barb splicer 1/2" x 1/2"

It fits into my Mya QT easily and holds tight. Edited by BrotherBuford