Hookah Flavors - Can't Taste

Hey, I have been going to hookah bars steadily for the last year and decided to buy my own. I have been getting mixed results with my hookah such as...
- Thin Smoke (sometimes)
- Bad Taste
- Same Taste
- Coals Inside

I would like suggestions on how to get my hookah to milk.. as well taste the shisha... I understand it depends on the tobacco. Maybe my standards are too low but when i goto bars its great.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks

Brett blink.gif

Still not alot info.

But basics of what could be wrong:

1.) Air Getting In - Yea this sounds weird, but if you have a leak anywhere, air can get in and deaden the smoke, thin it out, and kill the flavor.
2.) Clean your hookah - Just as it sounds, warm water and lemon juice and fresh baccy should help keep things tasting fresh.
3.) Too Much Heat - You need lots of heat, don't get me wrong. Its what vaporizes the baccy and glycerin and makes the lovely smoke we inhale. But too much and you actually start to burn the plant matter. This might sound counter-intuitive to most forms of smoking, but with hookah, think more slow smoking now direct fire grilled. Too much heat gives bad taste, harsh smoke, and not always thicker smoke, sometimes too much heat can lead to thin whispy smoke that hurts, smells and tastes bad, and is just bad in general.

Gotta remember most hookah bars have people who have been doing this a while. Its not just a simple matter of getting the stuff, and shoving it all together and getting amazing smoke biggrin.gif

w00ts. well I Tried cleaning and am smoking it ATM...

- I got some "Super Hookah" pack. sounds ghetto now that i cleaned it and used a bit more heat its smoking well.. but not "milking"

not sure any suggestions on affordable hookahs cheap ones that are good?

I highly doubt that a hookah leaking some air will make it lose its flavor entirely. The only flavors i've been able to taste were romman banana split and mint, coconut and good times had no flavor just amazing smoke. Try cleaning out your hookah stem and base, that might be causing the same taste as your previous session. I think the thin smoke is only when you're starting your bowl, should only take a couple of minutes to get to the normal/thick smoke.