Barandhookah

mushrat

This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with http://www.barandhookah.com.au
Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.
Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here. Edited by mushrat

Hi everyone,
I actually ordered a hookah from barandhookah.com.au and received it via courier this afternoon (11/09/07). It is a Mya Hookah (it looks like a Vortex) and I must say so far it looks really good. I am yet to fire it up yet, so this post is mainly to describe my experience with this vendor. All in all, it was a pretty smooth transaction with no real hassles. I placed the order last Tuesday, and I paid via PayPal. Now my PayPal is linked to my bank account through direct debit, so it can take up to 6 or 7 business days for the money to be debited from my bank account. The payment to barandhookah.com.au was completed (ie they received my money) yesterday morning. They then posted it, and it arrived at my door the next day (I live in Canberra and the Hookah is posted from Sydney). When you compare the postage costs to shipping from the US, the price is very reasonable. I had my Hookah delivered via courier for $10, and had previously ordered a hose and paid $2 for postage. There are a few small technical glitches on the site because it is still under construction, for example I had to press the submit button twice to send my order through before proceeding to pay, and this happened both times I ordered from the site.
When you order, there is a "My Account" section which lets you keep track of your order status, so you know when they receive payment, and when they post the item out. The Hookah itself has the "Mya" logo etched onto every part of it (stems, tray, base and bowl), and it came in a box with small foam peanuts all around the pieces so it was fairly well packaged. This particular Hookah does not come with a carrying case, but it came with tongs. Below are some photos of the Hookah, sorry about the quality I took them with my phone:

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,
Just ordered a new vase from BarandHookah.com.au - fantastic site and service.
I originally had some problems registering but they sorted that out. Spoke to them online using MSN chat just to get some details and see if the vase would fit my stem.
Ordered it Thursday, and it arrived Monday morning - Awesome delivery time, great packaging, great quality product. And best of all was only $AUD2.00 for postage and handling!

Recommended seller!

Cheers,
Pete

• 3 months later...
Hey all,

Just ordered some Al Fakher and it came through in a reasonable time. There site is pretty crap. You have to watch the item id/web address to find your product and send them an email once you have paid so they know it is done.

Overall not too bad.

BJ

• 1 year later...
Hi there

I ordered a hookah from this website over 4 weeks ago. Barandhookah.com claimed to have sent the parcel on the 3rd of February. it is now the 27th of Feb and still no goods have arrived. I have given Australia Post the tracking number which is coming up invalid which means the parcel hasn't reached Western Australia or hasn't been sent at all. After 2 unanswered emails and 5 calls over the last week i finally got someone on the phone this morning who took said she would get back to me in half an hour and its now evening with no word. I believe this website is dodgy and would not at all recommend it. The customer service is absolutely no help at all. I just want my hookah sent or money back! If believe if barandhookah.com were not at fault they wouldn't be avoiding my enquires. BEWARE!!!