Alcohol + Hookah = Not Fun?

I have a question relating alcohol and hookah at the same time. It seems to me when ever I drink enough to be nice a drunk, then do a lot of hookah, I always get sick and throw up. I am wondering if it is related to the hookah becuase when I just drink, I don't get sick, and maybe just a little hung over. Also is it just me, or is it when you do hookah (not even with alcohol) that sometimes you feel like shit after you are done smoking. Not sure what to make of all this. Although I love smoking out of the hookah, the after effects seem not worth it after a great night of partying. Edited by hookahfeign123

Don't swallow the smoke... period. If you do, you will get yourself sick. I have been drinking and smoking plenty and never gotten sick. Of course, this could just be a difference between you and I.

Whenever I smoke without drinking, I never feel like shit per say. Just lethargic, and that's if I was smoking alone a lot. Sometimes the shisha with more tobacco can get you more lightheaded, but I wouldn't say it's a shitty feeling.

I know that when I am intoxicated and fire up the hookah I tend to smoke a lot more and continuously, which ends in my having a horrible headache the next day. I've never vomited from smoking too much though.

QUOTE (Saravyn @ Sep 10 2007, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I say don't swallow, I mean into your stomach. Inhale it into your lungs, but don't let it go down the other pipe, lol. Just like with cigars, the smoke in your stomach can upset it greatly.

Just wow...Im speechless blink.gif

I drink alot when I smoke with friends. Good times. Unless I drink far too much.

I didnt even know you could swallow smoke....

The OP never mentioned swollowing smoke so I dont know how that even applies here.

If I were you I would just make sure that when you do smoke eat some food and drink lots of water while your doing it. Im pretty sure the nicotine is what makes you sick while your drunk but for me at least I built a tollerence to it the same way you build a tollerence to alcohol. But then again there are just some people who cant mix the 2 and maybe your one of them. sad.gif

QUOTE (KingMidas @ Sep 10 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My friends and I mix the two all the time. If were getting sick its not from the smoking, however we have noticed that with alchohol comes more "hookah fouls" as it were. Alchohol seems to increase the number of coal burns in our carpet sad.gif .

i also find this to occur.. i dont understand lol

I smoke and drink all the time, but I don't get too hammered when I smoke, mostly because out of all my friends who smoke, I'm the best at packing bowls and managing heat (yeah, I'm that good cool.gif ), so everyone relies on me to keep shit going. I find it best to drink over time, get drunk, and just maintain that level of drunk with a beer (or your drink of choice), then start smoking.

about swallowing the smoke...

i always do that trick where you take a monster hit, shotgun a beer, then blow out the smoke...and it's never affected me adversely. it just looks really cool and freaks people out. but yeah, i guess it depends on the people.

AF grape + red wine in the vase is, to say the least, 'interesting'! I wouldnt reccommend it. White wine in the vase is better, cause its sweeter, something like vodka or souzo is just fine cause itll give you a nice buzz. Dont use beer though, it will ruin your session guaranteed cause of the carbonation.

When doing my coal management my shaky klutziness just knocks the coal right off the bowl, sending it flying past the tray and directly onto the carpet. Thinking back on these occasions, I'm wondering why I use such excessive force to drunkenly move coals around o_O

Once again...

Me = Pyrotechnical Nightmare biggrin.gif

QUOTE ([LB] @ Sep 11 2007, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AF grape + red wine in the vase is, to say the least, 'interesting'! I wouldnt reccommend it. White wine in the vase is better, cause its sweeter, something like vodka or souzo is just fine cause itll give you a nice buzz. Dont use beer though, it will ruin your session guaranteed cause of the carbonation.

I tried beer, The carbonation was hard but it was interesting feeling. After the carbonation and wringing out the hoses the hookah tasted great mixed with the beer.