"does Size Matter?"

Hey guys, I'm just wondering how much of an impact the size of the hookah has when smoking. I'm debating between a 10" mini hookah and an 18" one... I guess I'm mostly wondering if the smoke is hotter or harder to pull etc. Also, how would the 18"er be affected if I were to add another hose to it?

Thanks
-utol

Personally,

You won't get a hotter smoke, or a harder pull. I've never experienced this when using smaller hookahs.

adding a 2nd hose to something 18inches should not be a major drama. But some stabilisation might be required.

JD

I have a hand held pipe that I made myself which is about 8 or 9 inches long bowl-to-bottom and it produces warm unpleasant smoke even with cold water in the base. I've smoked through an 17" and had pleasurable experiences, so I'd recommend going with the 18". Edited by john_smith

Personally, yes. Yes it does X3

Jokes aside, I've found my 32" KM has an easier time than my old 21" Gemini keeping the draws smooth and cool, and less likely to be harsh.

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Sep 10 2007, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, yes. Yes it does X3

Jokes aside, I've found my 32" KM has an easier time than my old 21" Gemini keeping the draws smooth and cool, and less likely to be harsh.

Agreed. I noticed the KM has a super easy pull, easier than my trusty old egyptian.

My hookah now is a 10.5" pumpkin and my girl's cousin leaves her 18" over here to use and I have to say the 18" is 10 x's better of a smoke. The pull is a lot easier and the over all session is much more enjoyable. I noticed that I don't get the " hookah head " like I do with my little pumpkin. Upgrading to a 26"+ soon thankfully!

I love these posts... though it looks like Allia beat me to it this time wink.gif

I've got a 38" and have been borrowing a MYA qt. The 38 inch is the easiest thing in the world to use... the QT takes a bit more (and benefits much more from ice in the vase) but both smoke great. IMHO bigger is generally better, but smaller is easier to clean, and transport and so on...

It depends on who you ask. I've noticed that guys usually say thats its not the size of your pipe that matters but how you stuff it, girls usually go for girth... oh man, I make myself chuckle!

Okay seriously though, I do think that size matters to some extent. Personally I don't notice much difference going from say 24" to 36" but I notice a HUGE difference going from say a MYA QT to a 26" pipe. I think that 24-26" is the sweet spot with a smooth easy pull, great smoke (depending on the pipe and the user) and is still small enough to be easy to clean and more stable.

QUOTE (camelflage @ Sep 10 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (garykainz @ Sep 10 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its not the size of the boat, its the motion of the ocean! ...

can't take a girl on a pleasure cruise if all you got is a dingy...

+1 :3

I agree with everyone else, I have a 28 inch KM and a 10 inch something else. If you pack the little guy well it smokes pretty damn good but nothing compared to the 28 incher. I dont notice hotter smoke but its much easier to pull from a bigger hookah.

Besides, you know what they say about a man with a large pipe....