Passing Out From Smoking Hookah

Could be that because nicotine temporarily raises blood pressure the combination of standing up, which drops blood pressure, and stopping to smoke, which drops blood pressure as well, might cause the effect. It shouldn't be a problem in well hydrated people. Make sure your guests always have a pitcher of water and they should be OK. Chances are that if you have an AC on it removes moisture from the air, causing people to potentially dehydrate faster.
No matter what the cause well hydrated people are much less likely to pass out.

OPR -
yeah coals give off CO. but most likely not nearly enough for it to make you pass out. i mean, how many dedicated smokers on here and how many have posted that they have passed out and or seen some1 pass out? i didnt count, but i didnt see many at all...

im sticking to my guns - lack of oxygen. not severe lack of oxygen, but a general defficiency than their normal amount. added with standing up, they can pass out.

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Sep 3 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im sticking to my guns - lack of oxygen. not severe lack of oxygen, but a general defficiency than their normal amount. added with standing up, they can pass out.

Dudes, this is exactly what I was told by the Naval Hospital Yokosuka when I had to rush my 18 year old bro to the ER. It is basically the equiv to "Shallow Water Blackout", he was smoking too much to fast and not taking enough time in-between to resupply his body with oxygen and crashed.

Also, if it was CO posioning from the coals the user would show various symptoms; headaches, tiredness, aches, muscle spasms, flushing, vomiting, nausea, coughing, clumisness, weakness, and a few others.
Headaches, vomiting, nausea, and weakness are typical first signs.

Side note: It was his first session with the hookah I bought for him when he came out as a b-day gift. I think it boils down to inexperience and people wanting that quick buzz. Edited by FURsAKeN