Natural Coals On Gas Stove

Hey..I'm definitely a newbie, but I don't really like the taste the quicklights are giving me...so I thought I would try Stargate naturals (is that what everyone recommends?) I only have a gas stove to light them on and, this may sound extremely stupid, but how would I go about lighting them on a gas stove? Like do I have to put them on anything? There's probably a really easy answer to this and my brain just isn't working properly at the moment, but I was just kind of confused on how to go about this. I didn't really want to invest in a hotplate because I'm kind of short on funds. Thanks if anyone can help.

i'll try the pan thing...does anyone recommend any certain coal for this though? do all natural coals come in huge pieces?

i'm looking forward to using them because when i go to the hookah bar it seems like the flavor is just so much better..i get flavor at home now, but i get a chemical-ness that i'm not used to.

I use Stargate Naturals on my gas stove all the time. If theres circular rows of coils, set the whole thing in between two of them so it holds it in place, turn it on high or 10. It works fine for me.

I use a tin can with a spoon to make the handle, i poke a bunch of holes in the sides and bottom
then snap up my coals into pieces that will fit the can, then place it on the gas.
give it a good shake in the sink to get the dust off, and shes ready to go.

Edit* Btw ,Im using abo alabed natural coals at the mo Edited by Jonesy

I use my gas stove for all my coal, even QL (if I'm lazy) - I just lay them between the grills, near the burner and rotate them several times over several mintues. Works just fine. You'll need to clean coal dust off the stove top, but other than that, it works peachy fine!

call me crazy, but all the methods i bothered to read require heat transfer, and thusly time and effort...

i just take off the grate, light the stove up, place a coal between my tongs, and hold it in the flame. takes 2 or 3 minutes per coal (i only light half a side fully because drawing will make the other half light...)