Hookah tobacco making process

Hello to all.
I am an old hookah smoker and have done so in many countries. Damascus was probably the most impressive with cafes and huge hookah stations, a bed of coals and six foot pipes in great number on entering them.
I am posting for a particular topic. My neighbor is growing tobacco and we are searching for AUTHENTIC, reliable counsel on how to prepare tobaco in the traditional manner. Since this will be using the home grown with care tobacco we need more than hearsay. We also have apricots growing here and I have always liked most the most natural and the apricot blends at least seem to be pretty natural. I am looking for the specific process in making the mixture????
Thanks

I don't think anyone on the forum has made their own tobacco, but people often pad dryer tobacco with honey. I would imagine that you could make it by drying out the tobacco, cutting it up, then marinating it in your blend of honey and flavor, if you used normal fruit juice the resulting flavor might not be as strong sinc emost companies seem to engineer their flavors and most taste like mixes of sugar (possibly derrived form the honey/molasses) and fruit extracts.