Make/replace Your Wide Hose (w/ Pictures)

olooko

at first i had it just like all the other members
then i took off the handle with the mouth piece. less restrictive

thennn i took off the other end, and plugged it right in... wow its like breathing but with hookah smoke <- bad simile but w/e

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lippstuh @ May 16 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at first i had it just like all the other members
then i took off the handle with the mouth piece. less restrictive

thennn i took off the other end, and plugged it right in... wow its like breathing but with hookah smoke <- bad simile but w/e

so you just used the hose itself right? that's awesome I'll have to try it.

just made one with a bit of old washed garden hose.
it's been in the sun for a while.. the outer rubber coating is kinda gross, but nothing that a good, thourogh scrubbing can't help take out.
washed the inside for a bit, rubber smell is faint but taste is gone.

the two bits of the handle were gross, their some throw back ones i got stock with my hookahs. not realy sure what they are, but the handles look like the first post's.. but with what looks like male parts of a screw instead of a flat clynder like the first post's picture.
any idea on how to get that gunk out? i'll take pictures later.. but it does work; tried it out with the last bit of smoke from a hookah sesh that was going on whilst i was doing this.

I just made one of these with a 5/8 ID and 3/4 OD by 4 feet long
cost less than $2 for the tubing

all I can say is WOOOW Hookah.gif

My hookah has never hit so well with this huge hose and watching the smoke fill the hose is the best part

gotta go smoke some more... definatly recommend making one of these to anyone thinking about it

I did one of these the other day with 2M of hose. My problem is that once I attach the mouthpiece to the hose, any advantages gained by the wider hose are lost by the diameter of the mouthpiece. So like another member said already, I just took off the mouthpiece. Any other ideas?

I agree that you "lose" the advantage because the smoke has to funnel into the narrow opening, but better to have smoke 'in reserve' waiting to go in, than have a smaller hose.

The ONLY idea I have (at 5:30am) is this. Get something you can put on the outside of the hose for a mouth tip and secure. I'm not sure what, but someone custom made a hose with a decorative bamboo chute so something like that would work and be original.

I'm just not sure how you would secure it honestly unless you could have something that would fit perfectly against the rim of the hose and superglue/hotglue it then of course cover it up.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So i tried this and it smokes great. The only problem is that the hose is so stinking inflexible that it has nearly toppled my hookah over many times. This might work well for a solo smoke but this tubing (i used vinyl) just doesn't flex enough to pass the hose around comfortably. Does anyone have any tips on how I can make the tubing more flexible, or maybe a way to counter-balance the hookah so it doesn't tip so easily with this hose on?

just did this to my hose for my KM Blue pear. The hookah isn't in danger of tipping it's so heavy but the hose does come out of the port a bit in flexible but i'll leave it out in the sun next summer

• 1 month later...
I don't know where I read this (maybe somewhere earlier in this post) but someone said that you should put the tubing in boiling water and have yourself and a friend stretch it out. By stretching it, it makes the wall of the tubing thinner which makes it more flexible. Haven't tried this yet but does seem to make sense.

These are the ones I made. I got some hose adapter 1/2 inch on both sides. my hose is 3/8 though but it has a nice snug fit. i didnt soak it in hot water because they're pretty flexible as is.
[attachment=2607:IMG00214.jpg]

QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Nov 28 2008, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how long did you leave it in there?

I took a section of it, let it sit in the water for about 10 seconds, then took it out and stretched it as hard as I could for about 5-10 seconds and just repeat for the whole thing. I did not run cold water through it afterwards, just let it cool down on it's own. I think putting cold water on it just shocks it too much and would make it hard again. Smoked with it last night and seems to fix my problem of not having a good session in a while. Yay for the homemade section.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Got some tubing today, gonna make the hose today/tomorrow. They only sold it by the 10-20ft section so I picked up what seemed to be a near fit and I plan to buil up with electrical tape and then after assembly, taking a hair drier to the ends to tighten it up (I hope).

I'll be soaking in boiling water as well thanks for that tip.

Made the hose the same day, and I LOVE it.

Here's a link to the hose tips I used for those who dont know wassup.

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/conf...;idproduct=2004

notice how the brass handle is coated in spiral shaped acrylic? The acrylic is about the same diameter as the vinyl tubing and since it's clear it matches and frankly just looks badass.

I used the electrical tape and it worked fine, I took a blow drier to it once assembled to soften then push the ends in even further and tighten things as much as possible.

Smokes ALMOST on par with my KM Ultimate and leagues above how it used to.

VERY HAPPY AND THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME BEFORE ME WITH TIPS AND ADVICE.