Make/replace Your Wide Hose (w/ Pictures)

olooko

how do you guys get the tubing to stay on the handle without clamps? I put some electrical tape on the handle, but it keeps falling out of the hose. also, where do you find refrigerator water line? would home depot have that? at the lowes I went to, they only sold vinyl tubing in 10ft. sections. so i couldn't even build it up for the ultra wide hose.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow i don't understand why they dont sell hoses more like these, i know theres washable ones but they don't seem as easy as these, im going to try this with some really crappy hoses, hope it goes well.

what is the exact type of hose? like what should i say to the home depot person so they don't think im a retard, lol Edited by zeppyrkr

I just went to the hose section and picked out the 3 sizes you need. 3/8 I.D. 1/2 I.D. and 5/8 I.D. hoses. I took each size and made sure they fit inside of each other. You will be surprised that the same exact sizes hoese are a little different. I just made sure they all had a nice snug fit into the next size.

I used my MYA hose that unscrews and it make for very easy cleaning! biggrin.gif

THE HOMEY D pipe is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been doing it for years

try this cool idea....take that 20ft pipe...get a bucket of ice...attach the pipe to the hookah,, then coil it up and submerged most of the pipe in the bucket, and pull out one side and smoke....trust me it gives a new meaning to cooled smoke, ENJOY!!

QUOTE (olooko @ Aug 29 2007, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's physics, the port hole is small but the hose is wide. The smoke will rush quicky through the small port hole, but when it reaches the wide hose it will slow down,

-olooko

Another side effect of this could very well be cooling of the smoke, due to the principles of expansion of gasses.

I just did it to the cobra hose that I got with my first shipment (it was damaged so they sent me a new one and told me to just keep the old one as a gift) and it is GREAT!!!

[attachment=870:Picture_44.jpg]

Total cost for this Green/Clear Cobra hose was under 5bucks! I think this is a 10ft hose that cant be beat!

[attachment=871:Picture_45.jpg]

I used the hose clamps but I hid them underneath the green ball things so the hose is still aesthetically pleasing wink.gif

Great how to here!!!

I cant wait to smoke it, but I am sick right now so hopefully im better by tomorow!!!

just tried it tonight and it worked out gooood

we didnt even connect the handle into one of the tubes and it hits even smoother.

so if you dont care to connect the handle just hit it straight from the tubing.

didnt even need to buy 3 diff sizes of tubes either, it sealed perfectly onto the end piece that you plug into the hookah stem, just used a little of electric tape to make the sealing better.

• 3 months later...
I have a quick question I just ripped my cobra apart (one of the four I have) because it started smoking terrible. I'm going to go pick up some hose in a few here but I came across a "problem" the wooden part (metal for the myas i think) that the hose connects over, doesn't look that healthy, it's not all of it just about 1/4th to an inch of darker wood where it looks like moisture got to it, what would be the best way to go about cleaning it or whatever?

QUOTE (liquidglass @ May 5 2008, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a quick question I just ripped my cobra apart (one of the four I have) because it started smoking terrible. I'm going to go pick up some hose in a few here but I came across a "problem" the wooden part (metal for the myas i think) that the hose connects over, doesn't look that healthy, it's not all of it just about 1/4th to an inch of darker wood where it looks like moisture got to it, what would be the best way to go about cleaning it or whatever?

Yea, i ripped apart some of my old hoses, and had the same problem with a little bit of the old hose still being in there. it definately sucks. I kind of said screw it, and used them anyways. Well, after about 3 weeks of using the hose, brown liquid started accumulating in my hose, and it smelled and tasted aweful. So I put the handles in some straight bleach to clean them out for now, but I'm sure they'll get wet again and start turning brown. I still have no idea how to get all the old hose out of there.

QUOTE (JakeB1322 @ May 5 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (liquidglass @ May 5 2008, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, i ripped apart some of my old hoses, and had the same problem with a little bit of the old hose still being in there. it definately sucks. I kind of said screw it, and used them anyways. Well, after about 3 weeks of using the hose, brown liquid started accumulating in my hose, and it smelled and tasted aweful. So I put the handles in some straight bleach to clean them out for now, but I'm sure they'll get wet again and start turning brown. I still have no idea how to get all the old hose out of there.

Hmm interesting, well I don't think it's so much of a problem having 'old hose' in it, but the wood on the end you attach the hose to seems to be "wet/rotten" I'll post a pic to make it easier for suggestions.

Here are some picture links for the best resolution:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Liq...ah/DSCI5741.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Liq...ah/DSCI5739.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Liq...ah/DSCI5742.jpg

I considered cutting it off right below where it turned colors Edited by liquidglass

Here are a few pics of my cobra "modded" I've done 4 of them so far for my four hose hookah and everyone LOVES them, really beats the rusted out hose that was on there.

I took them apart then used a wire brush to "sand down" the insides of the end that plugs into the hookah and some inside the handle. They smoke SO smooth now.

I've got plans for 5 or 6 more of these as well as making a few bucks on the side doing this for friends nad people who just don't want to mess with it.