"deadly Blaze Caused By Hookah Pipe" - News

I have had a couple of accidents where I have burned some holes in my carpet from dropping coals. I think we all have had this happen. I ALWAYS!!! put the coals that are not spent into the sink with running water. I have 2 cats so you never know what they are going to do in the middle of the night.

Everyone should practice good common sense, when dealing with fire in any form (If Common sense is common, why do so few people have it?)

I have an old "Chloraseptic" throat spray bottle, after I used the medicine, I washed out the bottle. I keep it full of water, and after each smoke, I spray a mist on the coal, to insure that the coal is thoroughly extinguished. Once the coal is cold, then dispose of it properly, NOT in a trash can. Good idea, flushing it down the toilet.

anytime you add highly intoxicated people to any situation you will get dumb decisions and unfortunatly bad outcomes.

hopefully people learn a lesson from this. I always make sure my coals are out before leaving the hookah alone.

QUOTE (Canon @ Dec 30 2007, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i put the coals down the sink with running water, the water puts out the coal and its easily broken up. makes cleaning easier and faster.

Be careful when doing that Canon. Water mixed with Ash/Coal turns it into a cement like material. I used to dump ash and nearly finished coals down the sink with water all the time and it finally seized the garbage disposal. A plumber had to come out to replace it.