Rosetta Review

mushrat

Post your reviews below for Rosetta Flavours. This includes all Lines and Varieties. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Rosetta (flavour)

ROSETTA MANGO MADNESS

Setup: Mya QT with Large bowl, 3 Kings 40mm coals, foil, and cold water

Flavor: Very clean and smooth mango flavor, not 'spicy' at all like the other mangos our there

Smoke: Good, solid smoke, not extremely thick clouds though. May be my packing method with this finely chopped tobacco, but it's hard to get good smoke initially with one coal, I will be attempting to start with 2 next time.

Buzz: Didn't get one, but I usually don't anymore

Duration: Smoked with 4 coals, solo, about 2 hours or so

Overall Rating: 9/10 Having sampled many of the other mango's out there, this is probably one of the most accurate and one of the best smokes.

• 2 weeks later...
Cherry Bomb

Setup: modern type bowl, stargate natural finger coals, screen, icecubes in water

Smell: powerful, almost was afraid the flavor would be overwhelming it was so "cherry"

Flavor: Tasty but faint, the smoke had a hint of cherry flavor. Unimpressive but enjoyable.

Smoke: Smooth...light. This brand was recommended to me when I told the shopguy that I wasn't "a smoker" and that I didn't know what wouldn't but a hurt on me. So while most might not have liked the smoke from this, I enjoyed it.

Buzz: Was my third bowl of the evening...I think my buzz actually faded out on me while i smoked this cause i smoked Layalina Watermelon afterwords and that hit me hard.

Duration: Smoked it for about 30 minutes and then ditched it to try something else.

Overall Rating: I wont be rating things for awhile, havn't tried enough to compare.

Must say, at first I tried mixing this with a little King Moassel mint (dunno what I'm gonna do with that stuff, I hate that brand aparantly) and it was horrible. Had to dump it and reload with straight cherry which was much better. Edited by NonstickRon

• 1 month later...
I've waited a while to post this review b/c I wanted to try it a couple more times but here we go.

Rosetta Mango Madness

Smoke: Below Average. Not great at all. May be my setup though so we'll let that go.

Duration: 1 hr 15 min on average, decent length before burning.

Smell: Smells great. Don't really know what a mango exactly tastes like as I'm not exactly sure I've eaten one but this smells great.

Taste: Wow...I'm not sure what happened. Maybe I got a batch where someone had poured a bottle of Robutussin in but thats all I can taste. It takes like Mango cough syrup. I don't mean like a little, it is VERY overpowering.

Overall: 2/10 I can't get over this flavor, it stays with you is the bad part. I brushed my teeth like 3 times to get this out.

• 1 month later...
Peach:

Delicious... Pretty good thick smoke (remember I have limited experience) with a nice strong flavor. My favorite of the 3 I've tried. 7/10

Blueberry:

Not bad, Smoke was a bit thinner and the raw shisha smelled a hell of alot better than the smoke tasted or smelled. 4/10

Double Apple:

Pretty good, Never tried apple before so I enjoyed this, but I wouldnt say excellent. Again, nice thick smoke cloud. 5/10

There were 4 of us puffin on these bowls so they went pretty quick, maybe 35-45 mins each but that was with constant smoking.

Rosetta Melon Mix

tasted as good as it smelled good duration for a fully packed bowl and nice thick flavorful smoke. 8/10

Rosetta Raspberry Magic

taste was good but very subtle compaired to smell of the raw shisha. duration was about the same as melon. smoke wasnt as thick as i would have liked though. 5/10

Rosetta Grape Soda

Set up - Al Fahker 36" w/ Nammor Hose, Lg. Tangiers Phunnel & Glass mod, Romman lemonwood charcoal, water & ice.

Smell: Very pungent Grape smell with a distinctive clove.

Flavor: Very weak at first, the flavor grew gradually but never really provided a solid flavor.

Smoke: thin thin thin, added an excess of coal and it began to put out a reasonable amount.

Buzz: Interesting buzz, probably considering this tobacco is done by Kretek, a cloven cigarette maker.

Duration: Short, probably 45 minutes at best.

4/10

• 2 months later...
Rosetta: Double Apple
I'm very new, so hopefully I'm accurate but I may know too little to review at this point.

Setup:
~20 inch hookah. Super-iced water. One large quick-light coal.

Smell:
Very strong smell. Very apple...ly.

Flavor: To me, tasted EXACTLY like it smelled. So, very much like apple.(this is what would make me want to buy different flavors of this brand).

Smoke: Nice thick smoke. Not harsh at all.

Buzz: Did not feel much, compared to some al-waha I smoked a day prior. I may have just been used to it from smoking so much in the past few days.

Duration: One large bowl, one large quick-light coal. The bowl out-lasted the coal.

Overall Rating: Hard to say, since like I said I'm quite new to the hookah smoking experience. However, I'd say this is about the best tasting shisha I've had yet. (Even over this al-waha stuff which I thought was pretty high up in taste). It tasted exactly like it smelled, went great!
Also I noticed very few stems compared to the al-waha and overall more "juice" in the shisha.

I'm about to light up a bowl of "melon mix" by the same company. I'm guessing it's going to taste just as great as it smells! Edited by Thetawaves

Rosetta Blueberry

Setup hobohookah, clay bowl that came with it 1 1/2 diamante quick lite

Smell smells so good like juicy blueberries

Flavor for me and my friend horrible it was kinda of sickening closest i could say was blueberry cough syrup

smoke decent thickness not as good as al waha or fantasia

buzz dont know didnt finish the bowl

overall i give it a 2/10 we couldnt finish it after about 15 minutes were sick of the flavor worst about it was some of the flavor in the hose and dummy me put a weaker flavor on so it was a crappy blueberry margarita after words but it was smokeable.

• 1 month later...
ROSETTA DOUBLE APPLE

Hardware: Mya Paragon, Mya hoses & standard bowl, Argeelah foil, lemonwood coal

Base Liquid: Cold distilled water

Cut: Uniform fine cut; dark brown/black. Soaked with bright red juice. No chaff.

Aroma: Vague apple aroma. Fairly floral; sweet/acidic.

Taste: Floral; quite artificial and "soapy". The best way I can describe it is somewhere between Chinese jasmine tea and a dryer sheet. Interesting, but not very pleasant. Couldn't detect any apple taste.

Smoke: Average

Buzz: Moderate

Duration: Stopped after 25 minutes

Overall: 3/10

• 1 month later...
ROSETTA STRAWBERRY CREME

Setup: Small bowl, Ice Cold stem, milk in vase. Pharoahs QL

Flavor: No taste really. Got a little bit of flavor every once and a while

Smoke: Thick smoke. But that might have been because of the milk

Buzz: None. I mean, none at all. And I usually get one

Duration: Smoked with 2 coals

Overall Rating: 2/10. Don't get it, that simple. It's not very enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
Rosetta Pomegranate

Setup:
25 inch Mya, Standard Mya Bowl, Starlight QLs

Smell:
Smelled a lot like POM juice

Flavor: Tastes just like any pomegranate juice tastes.

Smoke: Decent smoke

Buzz: No buzz at all

Duration: About 45 minutes to an hour.

Overall: I'd give it about a 6 or 7/10. It's a good flavor to go get if it's cheap and available, but not something I'd buy more than 50 grams of.

Rosetta Pineapple Surprise

Setup:
25 inch Mya, Standard Mya Bowl, Starlight QLs

Smell:
Smelled...nothing like pineapple to me. Good though.

Flavor: Great flavor, although I'm not sure "Pineapple" is a good way to describe the taste. "Surprise" is a much more suitable word.

Smoke: Great smoke.

Buzz: No buzz.

Duration: About an hour

Overall: Oddly enough, even though it tastes nothing like pineapple to me, I still love the flavor. The only problem is that if I use my propane torch to light my coals, this flavor somehow picks up the taste of terrible chemicals, but is always fine with a normal or butane jet lighter. No other flavor has done that to me. 7/10

• 3 weeks later...
Rosetta Blackberry Pie

I had acually really low expectations for this and it ended up being the favorite of the night, and this was some of my friends first try at hookah and it was enough to get them to go buy one of their own. I was so surprised to see no one had reviewed it so I felt the need.

Setup:
Small MYA pumpkin(all standard), Ice cubes w/ COLD COLD water, Three Kings 40mm

Smell:
Smell was almost perfectly matched.

Flavor: Amazing flavor, honestly cought me off guard at first i felt as if i had honestly a Blackberry pie in my mouth, almost even made me go buy one.

Smoke: Good smoke but not quite a good thick O smoke.

Buzz: None-Mild (for me but for virgin lungs rather Medium buzz)

Duration: About an hour/half

Overall: I still can't stress how impressed i was with this flavor....being this my first post I'm gonna hold off on a rating due to not had tried other blackberry flavors. None the less two thumbs up. thumbup.gif

• 4 months later...
Blackberry Pie

Hookah used, Brass bowl, screen, and base, wood stem.

2 small quick lites. 1 in the middle and the other broken into 4 pieces and place around the outer rim of the bowl.

It’s RED!

It smells quite good even before I open it, not like blackberry pie, but really good nonetheless.

Once we got it going the flavor and taste was incredible! This is my favorite flavor to date. The smoke really does taste like a blackberry pie!

Small buzz, but if we really want that we just add some N. Rustica or Mapcho tobacco to the mix, the nicotine content of a few leaves of that is more than enough for a serious laydown session without altering the flavor.

We enjoyed this flavor very much.

10/10

Pomegranate

Same set up as above

Smells good, tastes good, smokes for a good hour.

No complaints, tastes like pomegranate!

9/10

Mellon

Same set up as above

In the bag it smells a little off. Smells like a synthetic ester, very chemical-like.

A full bowl is set up.

This stuff is horrible… I can only stand to smoke for a few minutes. I feel sick to my stomach and my wife is not looking so well herself. Tastes overpoweringly like melon, but again, the flavor is not quite right.

We were unable to continue smoking and the hookah had to be cleaned out thoroughly.

Worst flavor tasted to date.

0/10

• 4 weeks later...
_sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif Rosetta Cherry Bomb (mixed with Al-Waha Cola...Cherry Coke) _sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif

Setup:
Witch on a Jagermeister bottle, Vortex bowl, foil, large 3K coals

Smell: Intense! Absolutely amazing smell. Hint of cough syrup smell but tolerable.

Appearance: Very wet; thin cut.

Flavor: I was smoking with a group of friends and the flavor was hit-and-miss. To me, it tasted dead on like Cherry Coke. Very delicious and enjoyable. Others said it tasted like cough syrup and gagged a bit. I guess it depends on personal tastes. I loved it.

Smoke: Thick, fluffy clouds.

Buzz: Fairly strong after 2 or 3 large hits but would quickly dissipate.

Duration: Almost 2 hours, with constant flavor throughout.

Overall: About 8/10 or 9/10. This is one of those "love it or hate it" flavors. Buy a small 50g box or smoke with someone else first if you're unsure.

_sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif Rosetta Pomegranate _sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif

Setup: Witch on a Jagermeister bottle, Vortex bowl, foil, large 3K coals

Appearance: Very wet; thin cut.

Smell: Very fruity. I've never smelled a real pomegranate so I have nothing to go off of.

Flavor: Again...fruity. Tastes very similar to pomegranate flavored Jones Soda.

Smoke: Thick, fluffy clouds.

Buzz: Fairly strong after 2 or 3 large hits but would quickly dissipate.

Duration: About an hour and a half. I packed the bowl lighter than normal cause it was just me and one other person.

Overall: 8/10. Very nice flavor. Took longer to get warm than other flavors. Ended up using a coal and a half to get it going. Once it got going though, it never stopped. I like that the local hookah shop carries this, but I'll look into this flavor with other brands to see how it compares.

• 3 weeks later...
Vanalla Spice

Setup- 2 hose stratus using vinyl piping hoses (amazing DIY hoses btw), Eygption head, HD foil, and Exotica coals (2 1/3 pieces)

Appearance - Pretty wet, and very thin cut

Smell- When i opened the box and smelt the bag it smelt like black liquorice, which really turned me off so i left it in the sealed bag that it came in and basically tossed it aside. While i am waiting for my current shisha order to come in I picked it back up and must say i was impressed. It smelled right now. I don't know why the smell changed but I was ok with it. Smelled really good.

Smoke - Took some real work to get the smoke right on this one. In the end it never really ended up smoking as much as some of the better known brands i've smoked but it wasn't an awful amount of smoke so I was ok with that too.

Flavor - I was quite impressed with the flavor.... It had a sharp spicey bite to it (hence the spice in the name) with a very vanilla undertone/aftertatse.

Overall- 6.5/10. Would have been much higher if it hadn't smelled absoultely abysmal the first time I opened it and if there had been a tad more smoke. Still not a bad buy, i'd def try mixing it with some orange for a spicy orange cream.

Disclaimer: This review is clouded by both nostalgia and inexperience.

The first time I smoked hookah was with Rosetta tobacco. My friend asked which flavor I wanted to do, and I told him to choose his favorite...

Rosetta Blackberry Pie
Smell: I'm not sure how to describe it, kind of fruity and sweet. One of the best things I think I had ever smelled up to that point. This is what really convinced me I was making the right choice in trying this strange new thing.

Taste: Once again, amazing, I couldn't believe how scrumptous it tasted. Just wonderful.

Smoke: Mediocre, though I didn't know it at the time because I was so mesmerized by the taste of the stuff, I was getting fairly small clouds.

Length: It lasted a good hour per bowl, we did several.

Overall: Honestly I haven't tried this flavor in many months but if it is half as tasty as I remember it being I would recommend it to everyone who enjoys hookah. And to really sell my point I would like to add that after that first session my very first hookah arrived at my house no more that a week later, ready for me to begin sucking flavor from it.

So I've tried several rosetta flavors.

Setup is the same on all of them- Two hose modern hookah, crappy clay bowl that came with it, HD foil w/ random hole scheme, 2 (1/3) pieces of Exotica finger coals, water and ice in the base. I used two DIY vinyl hoses (10 footers).

Appearence - Didn't really pay attention to this becuase i was just really excited to smoke something other than AF strawberry that has been my staple for like 2 weeks however i do remember never having seen more stems in anything in my life

So here are the flavors

Cherry Bomb

Smell - Pretty good cherry. Really sugary sweet. Like a cherry lifesaver.

Smoke - Meh, Nothing to call home about but it wasn't bad. Pretty decent white clouds.

Flavor - Identical to the smell. Cherry Lifesaver. Boarderline too sweet though.

Buzz - None. Don't ever really get one from unwashed though unless i take like 8-10 hits consecutivly and then that's just lack of oxygen IMO.

Durration - A little over an hour I think. Could have been approching an hour and a half. Counldn't really tell you. Changed to this in the middle of the movie. Cleaned up when the movie was over.

Overall - 6.5/10. This was really just a tad too sweet. Kinda reminded me of the AF sweetness you get from some flavors. Kinda makes you a little sick? Not an awful flavor by any stretch but mixing it with like a cola or something would make it way better.

Peach Passion & Pineapple (its pineapple ______ but i don't recall the _______)

Smoked these two together (50/50 mix) so they get reviewed together as i haven't smoked them seperately and just got alot more shisha in the mail so it could be a while before I do.

Smell - Fruity, sugary, pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

Smoke - Pretty much the same with every flavor of this brand, a satisfying amount but nothing too special.

Flavor - My friends said it tasted like a mix of peach and pineapple. I don't really know, I'm not a super huge fan of either flavor (like the actual fruits themselves) but it definatly was fruity and pretty tasty. Just the right amount of sweet.

Buzz- I don't get buzzed from unwashed so none here.

Durration- 1.5ish hours. Pretty long. As long as we wanted to smoke it really. When we finished at about the 1.5 hour mark there was still a little left in the bottom of the bowl.

Overall - 8/10 Very solid mix. I feel that these two would smoke pretty well individually was well. It was a bit overpriced where i got it tho. 3.30 a 50G but its ok i guess.

• 4 months later...
mango madness

I've been smoking hookah for ten years and have tried a good variaty of shishas,This is by far the worst shisha I have ever tried I'm not even gonna give it the basic ,run down Its that bad.
even worse than when I smoked dry pipe tobbaco out of my hookah
I give it a -3 out of ten.
pure yuk

just tried bannana coconut and watermelon both are worse than mango madness I didn't think it was possible.
bannana coconut;like smoking a wax bannana, worst shisha of all time -10 out of 10
watermelon;I don't know it was just bad
I also tried bluberry bast which was better than the others but still very bad.
I might just have to get a new hookah as the bad flavor may have ruined this one.

I think I'm going to call rosetta and advise them to discontinue their brand.There giving shisha a bad rap.

• 5 months later...
ROSETTA Banana Coconut

Setup: Cheap. But upgraded hose and a mini phunnel.

Flavor: Enjoyable. Will probably stay in rotation. Not really banana coconut but whatever it is its good.

Smoke: Medium. Definitely not a show off's smoke. Not bad though.

Buzz: Light.

Duration: 1.5 hours, 2 quick light coals back to back coals

Overall Rating: 7/10 a nice break from the fruity flavors. This one is more smooth.