Too Hard To Inhale

Hi,
I got a shisha from the middle east 2 years ago and it worked fine everytime. I pulled it out retirement last night and for some weird reason when you suck on the hose the pressure is really strong and only a litle bit of smoke comes out. Its nothing to do with the coal or bowl or anything the pipe pulls well when it is out of water but a soon as i but the metal part into the base of it and the rubber makes a seal the pressure gets really strong...Any ideas?
Its driving me nuts.

Cheers

hmm...your hose may be clogged, or somthing may be blocking the stem between the hose ports and the top, which would only be noticed when it can't draw the air from the bottom of the stem when it's not sealed.

Thanks for the quick rep. The thing is the stem is a whole unit and i dont know if i can disassemble it (i havent tried). There are four small holes that are on the bottom of the stem just before the other cmall piece of pipe which i thought was causing the issue but i flushed it out with water and the small holes all passed water...i think the problem exists when the seal effect is created. But dont know where to start.

i doubt the seal has something to do with your problem. have you brushed out the stem? anything clogging it? also take like a pipe cleaner and put it through the 4 holes, see if theirs any blockage. if you cant find a problem there, like mush said your hose may be clogged. to check this just unplug the hose, dont even need to have ht hookah running, and with the seal on, and water for good measure, try to pull through just the hose port. if it draws fine, your hose is messed up.

Yeah i got it working again...I cleaned out the stem and there must have been some tobacco that blocked a small hole on the side of it (if there is one) but once i got rid of the old tobacco it was pulling again fine and the water was bubbling.
Cheers for the tips guys