Hookah Music Mixes

Xeft

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious about a song guys. First of all this seems retarded asking on this forum...but you never know.

I'm looking for a song called: Ave Maria by: Christina England

It needs to be that version...It's on iTunes and can be bought for a buck. But I'm trying to spare my dollar and find the full version somewhere on some shareware or something. I've check Imesh, Emule and Lime Wire and can't find it...Any suggestions!?

I mean this version of the song has to extremely popular by now seeing as how it was used in the Hitman trailer and teaser.

I usually go for all genres, except rap, and emo (just not my style)

Def Leppard
Children of Bodom
Led Zepplin
Queen
Metallica
Rodney Atkins
Dragonforce
AC/DC
Bob Seger
REM
Bryan Adams
etc....

Some people think its odd ill listen to metal then a second later pop in country but what can i say? i likes it Edited by Dragonsmettle

HIGHLY reccomended is Thievery Corporation, specifically their album cosmic game
slightly stoopid, and damain marley "welcome to Jamrock" are also regulars, as is anything by Bedouin Soundclash

seriously though, check out thievery corp, best hookah memories are sitting by the fire with a hookah, a beer, (or 3) and some good friends

+1 On the Damien Marley, but not just "Welcome To Jamrock" although that's my favorite he has two others that are just as good if you like that kind of music. I also like his brother Ziggy Marley.

QUOTE (Dragonsmettle @ Sep 21 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I usually go for all genres, except rap, and emo (just not my style)

Def Leppard
Children of Bodom
Led Zepplin
Queen
Metallica
Rodney Atkins
Dragonforce
AC/DC
Bob Seger
REM
Bryan Adams
etc....

Some people think its odd ill listen to metal then a second later pop in country but what can i say? i likes it

I do close to the same thing, just not with country. Metal, then techno/trance, then rap, alternative, instrumental metal, techno remixes of Nintendo classics, etc.....I like to keep a good variety playing.

Road to zion- Damien marley
amber-311
love song-311
butterfly-talvin singh
nadia ali
holding out for a hero-frou frou
clocks-madonna
mr. brightside (jacques lu cont's thin white mix)- the killers
be still my heart- the postal service
pawn shop- sublime
stay now- jem
falling for you - jem
stay with you- john legend
no body does it better- 8mm
there she goes-neptunes ft babyface
ya ghali
me and you ( the dope enemy remix) -cassie
six days- dj shadow
dan man the automaker- dj shadow

the list is endless and varies but yeah thats basics wat i listen tooo

Lol @ black metallers.

Usually I love to sit back with some jazz, such as Pat Martino, whos Footprints album is perfect, and Gatecrasher Digital Chillout gets heaps of hookah plays too.

The other night friends came over though, so some brutal death metal was a fun conversational background music, discussing how ridiculous Internal Suffering's drummer is, etc.
I've lost you all by now.

Any music works well at low volumes on my mediocre desk speakers.

Lamb, Portishead, Air are especially good.

I thought I would interject with some traditional music that you can save and burn!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of links, some might be dead.

http://arabic.jeeran.com/1-arabic.html

Still considered today as one of the GREAT divas: OM KALTHOOM!
I snagged the text from somewhere.....
Her funeral procession was said to be greater than Nasser's, filling the streets with MILLIONS of people.

The reception accorded the death of Umm Kulthum (a few different spellings) showed how powerful and beloved the Egyptian vocalist had become. With the streets of Cairo lined by several million mourners, Kulthum's fans took her body from the shoulders of of the official pallbearers and passed her from person to person for the three hour long journey to the mosque of al-Sayyid Husayn. This sign of affection and respect was the culmination of a career that ahd begun nearly six decades before. In an article for Harvard Magazine, Virginia Danielson, author of The Voice Of Egypt: Umm Kulthum, Arabic Song And Egyptian Society In The Twentieth Century, wrote, "Imagine a singer with the virtuosity of Joan Sutherland or Ella Fitzgerald, the public persona of Eleanor Roosevelt and the audience of Elvis and you have Umm Kulthum, the most accomplished singer of her century in the Arab world".

"She is born again every morning in the heart of 120 million beings. In the East a day without Umm Kulthum would have no color."—Omar Sharif

Songs --- the 9 meg files are nearly an hour of music! They are .rm files.

http://egyptian2.salmiya.net/songs/omkalthoom/
http://egyptian2.salmiya.net/songs/omkalthoom/rm/
Right click and "save link as..."

I'm curious if anyone knows of some bands or albums that have a lot of Sitar, or Didgeridoo and other ambient stuff, less electronic, more world music.

QUOTE (KillZedKill @ Oct 4 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curious if anyone knows of some bands or albums that have a lot of Sitar, or Didgeridoo and other ambient stuff, less electronic, more world music.

Ok...for starters...Download iTunes.
~Click the iTunes Store link to sample music
~~Click "Power Search"
~~~Under the album slot put in "Arabian" and just search.

You'll get a whole lot of ambient stuff your looking for...some eletronic and some not near electronic.

I don't know if this's already been said (I've not read all the posts unsure.gif ) but you should definitely listen to Joe Satriani. I specially like this two songs: "Surfing with the alien", and "Always with me, always with you". No lyrics, just an accompanied guitar.

Great music here ppl. Great music here.

When I want to relax I usually listen to classical music. Rachmaninoff is one of my favorites.
Also I listen a lot to movie and anime soundtracks. Sometimes some Metallica, Iron Maiden or Tool is also nice smile.gif

But their is a difference between shisha and weed....you know that right? tongue.gif

I'd save bob for the hash. I'd stick with music that doesn't exactly fit for when your on "a trip". Music that fits for sitting back and thinking about your life, shit you've done wrong and things you've done right, etc. "Overseer" (just a few tracks from their album Wreckage) and "Massive Attack" would be my all time picks for shisha.

Yikes dude, hope you don't get yourself banned. unsure.gif

Bob marley is fine, i listen to him quite a bit. But i do prefer Culture over Bob marley. I don't know why, but i do. laugh.gif
Culture - Two Sevens Clash
That album is amazing.

Also, i can't get sick of Freezepop or the sounds. I've tried. I can't over-listen.

QUOTE (Jimba @ Oct 12 2007, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if this's already been said (I've not read all the posts unsure.gif ) but you should definitely listen to Joe Satriani. I specially like this two songs: "Surfing with the alien", and "Always with me, always with you". No lyrics, just an accompanied guitar.

Great music here ppl. Great music here.

+12324354543

Satriani is my opinion the best guitarist ever. Never thought of smoking hookah to Satriani. Thanks for the tip bro.