Hookah Music Mixes

Xeft

I'm not a personal fan of watching a movie or playing a video game when I smoke. I just like to sit back, talk to friends if their over and listen to good calm music.

So I'm curious, what do you guys listen too when you smoke (if anything)?

My selections are all over the place. As long as it's relaxing, has a good beat and doesn't really have lyrics...then cool. I mean, some songs from like Massive Attack or Sublime are okay. Just nothing like uh...cake or something.

But to the point...list your music mixes! I really am curious to know.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually some Nancy Ajram or Amr Diab, although Diab's new CD's sound like club/pop music, so I just play the "old" (up to 2004) stuff.

EDIT: Albums:
Nancy Ajram - Ya Tabtab Wa Dallaa
Nancy Ajram - Ah W Noss
Amr Diab - Noor El Ein
Amr Diab - Leely Nehary
etc. Edited by Xyclone

Cenart, its a compilation of house/trance music published by soulseek records. You can probably find it if you search in whatever p2p engine you use to download music. Its really calming, has good beats in most of the songs, no lyrics other then ambient background stuff.

Also, Jose Gonzales is a very good artist to listen to for that calm atmosphere, his album Veneer is great.

I listen to anything from black metal, to alternative, rap, techno, etc. I have a VERY wide range of music that I like. Mostly though, it's trance. My personal favorite is an Israeli duo known as Infected Mushroom.

How can you not like DMB? Fine if you PERSONALLY don't like it when smoking fine...but to me its amazing, also if you just don't like them period I understand...even though that would be pathetic on your part considering they are probally one of the greatest bands around now, and without a doubt top 3 ALL-TIME best live bands.

QUOTE (boulderkid303 @ Aug 5 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can you not like DMB? Fine if you PERSONALLY don't like it when smoking fine...but to me its amazing, also if you just don't like them period I understand...even though that would be pathetic on your part considering they are probally one of the greatest bands around now, and without a doubt top 3 ALL-TIME best live bands.

Fail x2. LOL

I don't like their music style, the way he signs and the lyrics he uses. Overall a bad band. They're definately not one of the greatest bands.

QUOTE (JonDubya @ Aug 5 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fail x2. LOL

I don't like their music style, the way he signs and the lyrics he uses. Overall a bad band. They're definately not one of the greatest bands.

R U KIDDING ME?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!

WOW Ok name some of your bands? And if your going to name any they better be classics like Led zepp, queen, the who, etc.

I'm willing to bet all my hookah's, shisha, etc to take a vote on this, and the forum can choose the winner. If the forum likes DMB as a whole, cough up 250 grams of shisha and I will do the same if they dislike em. Deal?

QUOTE (boulderkid303 @ Aug 5 2007, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fail x2. LOL

WOW Ok name some of your bands? And if your going to name any they better be classics like Led zepp, queen, the who, etc.

I'm willing to bet all my hookah's, shisha, etc to take a vote on this, and the forum can choose the winner. If the forum likes DMB as a whole, cough up 250 grams of shisha and I will do the same if they dislike em. Deal?

LOL! How old are you? 14? Go put your tape measure away.

QUOTE (boulderkid303 @ Aug 5 2007, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want some chill hookah lounge type of music look for Budda Bar.

Most hookah lounge music I've listened to is crap. Go click on the link I posted earlier and grab his Ethni-City mixes. You'll thank me later.

Edit: I'm actually listening to #6 as I type this. Edited by JonDubya

QUOTE (JonDubya @ Aug 5 2007, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (boulderkid303 @ Aug 5 2007, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fail x2. LOL

LOL! How old are you? 14? Go put your tape measure away.

Actually I'm 18. And I think its funny that you won't bet that.....come on? If dmb really is as bad as you say why not? I think its moreless you know your taste in music is flat out awful.

QUOTE (boulderkid303 @ Aug 5 2007, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I'm 18. And I think its funny that you won't bet that.....come on? If dmb really is as bad as you say why not? I think its moreless you know your taste in music is flat out awful.

Yeah, I have horrible taste in music. I listen to Bela Fleck, Frank Sinatra, Sigur Ros, Radiohead, ACDC, Duke Ellington, Chopin, Aaron Copeland and so forth. They all pretty much suck major ass. Grow up kid.

QUOTE (JonDubya @ Aug 5 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (boulderkid303 @ Aug 5 2007, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I have horrible taste in music. I listen to Bela Fleck, Frank Sinatra, Sigur Ros, Radiohead, ACDC, Duke Ellington, Chopin, Aaron Copeland and so forth. They all pretty much suck major ass. Grow up kid.

Hey I'm not the one being an asshole and saying something, but not willing to back it up, so actually I believe you are the kid.

But to make it easy on you I just wont discuss anything on this thread any further.

Ok Ok... Lets settle our diferences and get the negative energy out of this thread please. This is an awesome time to post/share musical knowlegde and possibly share some amazing artists with other music lovers. Plus music during a session can be just as important as beverage choice. And Im sure that Xeft wasnt looking to spark negativity with this one.

However as a third party I would like to say that Dave Matthews Band's image has changed greatly since thier beginning (much like other commercial artists) but individually they are all talanted musicians. Compromise??

Artists I listen to during a session:
-Sublime
-Steely Dan
-MEW

QUOTE (LS1 FTW @ Aug 5 2007, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I listen to anything from black metal, to alternative, rap, techno, etc. I have a VERY wide range of music that I like. Mostly though, it's trance. My personal favorite is an Israeli duo known as Infected Mushroom.

Infected mushroom is perfect music. If you go out and get some of their music, I would recommend staying away from their newest album and start with their old stuff. It is much more "psychedelic" and less pop sounding.

So some of you gave some impressive artists. I spent a good amount of time today looking for these artists and their albums, sampling left and right. But let me ask something else now.

I'm looking for music that has an arabian beat but not exactly from the streets. More electronic then anything.

Here's some ideas that you could relate to:

1. Transglobal Underground - Pomegranate
2. Transglobal Underground - AliMullah
3. Transglobal Underground - Vanilka
4. Al-Pha X - Bahatu
5. Freedom Dub - Flash

If I'm correct, all of those can be sampled on iTunes for iTune users ;D

Help me find some awesome stuff related to that ^^

QUOTE (Xeft @ Aug 6 2007, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So some of you gave some impressive artists. I spent a good amount of time today looking for these artists and their albums, sampling left and right. But let me ask something else now.

I'm looking for music that has an arabian beat but not exactly from the streets. More electronic then anything.

Here's some ideas that you could relate to:

1. Transglobal Underground - Pomegranate
2. Transglobal Underground - AliMullah
3. Transglobal Underground - Vanilka
4. Al-Pha X - Bahatu
5. Freedom Dub - Flash

If I'm correct, all of those can be sampled on iTunes for iTune users ;D

Help me find some awesome stuff related to that ^^

A lot of Infected Mushrooms music is just what you're looking for. They are from Israel, and spent most of their lives there (they moved to L.A. recently) and their music shows it.

QUOTE (clex @ Aug 6 2007, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Infected mushroom is perfect music. If you go out and get some of their music, I would recommend staying away from their newest album and start with their old stuff. It is much more "psychedelic" and less pop sounding.

I absolutely fkn LOVE their new album. With that being said, I started listening to them a few years back, and love all their older stuff as well. Listening to the 2nd disc of Converting Vegetarians at the moment. I actually have probably every Infected Mushroom song ever released...3.62 gb in 74 different folders (each folder is a different album or special release/collaboration).

Ok, after listening to Transglobal Underground on their Myspace....they've got a much more Arabic sound than IM. But you should try them out anyways!