Mya Saray Staff

Hello Hookah lovers,

I ordered the Mya 'Staff' double hose 25" hookah from Hookah-Shisha.com. Hookah-Shisha.com was great, great prices, wonderful selection and fast shipping. As for the Mya the craftsmanship is like no other hookah I have ever seen. I am overjoyed with the quality and beauty of this hookah. It also came with a hard case and Roman tobacco sample.
However there are two points I'd like to address.
First the bowl which came with my hookah. Its a quality made bowl, the problem with it is that the holes are very close together, which requires the smoker to pull very hard in order to recieve a smoke/flavorfilled hit. This problem also leads to packing smaller bowls to compensate for the extra work in pulling.

Secondly the rubber grommets/seals that seal the hoses and the bowl to the hookah are very flimsy and stretch very easily. They are almost useless, as they do not seal very well.

These are two minor problems however they both affect the smoking expirence greatly. I fully support Mya and Hookah-Shisha.com I got a great deal on this hookah and would not trade it for any other. Just know that these are two small problems which will need to be delt with.

Anyone else expirence this type of problem with the Mya hookahs? Peace -Waffle

• 5 weeks later...
After i sent my sryian chiller 3 hose back to hookah-shisha they upgraded me to a mya staff 4 hoser and i am VERY pleased.

The hookah looks nice it could be a tad bigger in my opinion but it looks verry nice and well built. The only problem i have is that the hookah is slightly bent where you place the coal tray but its no biggy.

It smokes good but when you have 4 people going on it smoking it becomes a contest of who has the strongest lungs when your trying to get a big hit but if everyone inhales slowly and lightly they can still get big clouds.

At first we had a hard time because we would burn out the bowls verry quickly so I just packed the bowls less and it seems to have fixed the problem completly.

Only bad part is that when 4 people are all taking hits the shisha gets sucked into the holes in the bowl and the bowl has to be taken off and blown into to unlodge the shisha. I am still waiting for my funnel bowl since fedex decided to get it to me a day late.

Oh and its a squeez to fit all 4 hoses and the hookah into the case but it can be done.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a new Mya Staff from Hookah-Shisha.com. Overall it was a good buying experience and although that site doesn't have the greatest selection for coals and tobacco, it's still pretty nice.

After having the hookah for only a few days, I already love it. With enough holes in the foil, I've found that it pulls fairly easily and it has been consistently smooth with great smoke and flavor. I haven't noticed any real faults with it yet- Mya has great quality in general. Also, on mine, the gaskets seem to work fine in my hose adapter and the stem gasket is small but almost unnecessary because of the screw-on stem. The only thing is that the base seems a little delicate and the footprint of it is not as wide as some other Myas, still seems stable though.

In terms of looks, the "Cloisonne" style of it screams class. I've had comments about how pimpass it is.

9/10

Now before I review this product I'll just say that this is my first owned hookah. My (ex) roommate used to have one and we'd smoke out of it 3-4 times a week, but I never learned how to prepare it properly.

So, I received my Mya Staff from hookah-shisha.com yesterday. First two bowls weren't so good, but I don't think I set it up properly, tobacco got burnt both times. On my 3rd bowl now, packed a little more tobacco, added a few more holes to the foil, and now it's smoking wonderfully. smile.gif It has a little bit of a drag, but not too much. Very rich flavor and thick smoke. The glass vase seems a little fragile, but pretty durable against bumbs and nudges, just as long as you don't drop it. The rubber grommets do stretch a bit, as long as you don't mess with them too much it should be fine, though. As for the looks- very classy like the previous posters have said. The "cloissone" stem + hose look very beautiful, as well as the glass vase. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase, though I do think it could be a little cheaper.

• 3 years later...
[size="3"][color="#FF0000"][b][color=red]Mya Saray Staff[/color][/b][/color][/size]

[b]Total Pipe Height:[/b] 20-1/4”
[b]Stem Length:[/b] 18-1/4”
[b]Base Height:[/b] 9-1/2”
[b]Tray Diameter:[/b] 6”

[b]Stem Construction:[/b] Solid Construction
[b]Heart:[/b] Open Chamber
[b]Grommets:[/b] Rubber

[b]Pull:[/b] Great
[b]Purge:[/b] Decent
[b]Appearance:[/b] Gorgeous
[b]Cleanability:[/b] Easy to clean
[b]Price:[/b] $139.95

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 9/10 The staff is a great hookah. It smokes wonderfully. Purges decent for the base shape. Downside is you can’t get the stem and base colors to match perfectly. This is the closet color combo the stem being more a sky blue and the base is more of a royal blue.

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/StaffParts.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/StafTogether.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/StaffSetup.jpg[/img]