Inhale Or No Inhale?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gettin pretty thick smoke i just puff for about 10 seconds then exhale.. it goes down into my mouth but not much farther............ i dunno i fully taste my shisha each hit.

So... are you inhaling, or not? wacko.gif blink.gif unsure.gif

You don't mean that one puff = 10 seconds right? That'd be a huge hit, given it wasn't really slow...

If you can "exhale" (expel all the smoke) while holding your breath, you're mouth puffing. All you should have to do to "exhale" a mouth puff is push your tongue to the top of your mouth.

Sorry to drag this out so much, but this is almost as baffling to me as someone saying that they chew their food but they don't swallow it. I'm not saying that you are inhaling, but people need to know when they are, and somehow many don't.

I get asked this question a lot, just because Im always trying to get my friends to come smoke with me, and Ive thought about it and tried it both ways and Ive decided its not the same without actually inhaling, and for those people that "mouth puff" try it, and then exhale through your nose, cause I tried "mouth puffing" and then found out I was inhaling. Eventually I worked it out without inhaling eventually, just didnt seem like a true hookah smoking experience.

So my thoughts on it? Its really hard not to inhale, and if you spend the time working it out, its not worth it

Nope i take a big 8-10 second breath in and exhale it all in one go.. i dont think its inhaling, when i inhale i get a tiny bit more smoke but the flavours the same.. i also take small hits as well.. mouth puffing 4tw.. i do it for relaxation and the buzz/flavour

laugh.gif I knew there was a better comparison I was searching for!

The thing is though Rani, I'm convinced that most people who say they don't inhale actually ARE inhaling, but through some strange deficiency in bodily awareness sincerely believe that the smoke is not entering their lungs!

QUOTE (Brownman18 @ Jul 24 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm perhaps ill youtube it this weeekend, the camera never lies!

I'd like to see that. The biggest puff from a hookah... ever!

• 4 years later...
well I mostly inhale. but I'll just hang the hose at my mouth and puff on it once in a while and let the smoke waft up into my nose as well...

for me I prolly wouldn't be so crazy about smoking hookah if it weren't for exhaling big fuckin clouds of smoke...so there's that psychological part as well...

I do it both ways. Sometimes I just pull the smoke into my mouth and then blow it out, and sometimes I fully inhale. You get some flavor either way, and you also get the nicotine. Nicotine is absorbed through the mucous membrane in your mouth, otherwise there wouldn't be any point to dipping or chewing tobacco. An alkaline environment in the mouth enhances the nicotine uptake, so you may not want to drink anything that's acid like soft drinks or citrus.

Tend to inhale, allows me the benefit of large smoke clouds, more smoke to blow o's with, and personally i find it less silly looking than those who try to make themselves on get it in their mouth and not their lungs. :)

I agree with this guy in this thread that suggested that may be people don't know that they are inhaling and not mouth puffing (as strange as it may sound). I mean, someone mentioned that they only mouth puff and went on to say that the "puffs" are about 8-10 secs, when a mouth puff can't possibly be that long.

[center][size=6][u][b]INHALE ALL THE THINGS[/b][/u][/size]
[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png?1320774627[/img][/center]

My wife doesn't inhhale. She just does a mouth puff and like 5 bubbles come out pf the stem. Of course, this is when she is smoking with me and the vase is already full of smoke. I don't think you could do that by yourself.