Ziplock Containers

Do those plastic dispossable Ziplock containers seal well enough to keep shisha in w/o it drying out?  Trying to find a cheap way to store the baco since the AF 'tub' is a piece o' sheet.

QUOTE (JonDubya @ Jul 20 2007, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do those plastic dispossable Ziplock containers seal well enough to keep shisha in w/o it drying out? Trying to find a cheap way to store the baco since the AF 'tub' is a piece o' sheet.

Staple diet of most folks around these parts!

They should do the job nicely biggrin.gif

JD

I use the rubbermaid ones, and they work fantastic, but Ziplock still works too I'd assume. My only suggestion is to get square shaped containers as the circular ones do not have as good of seal. It was even proven on some cook show I saw cool.gif

i have a huge roll of those thin plastic base like they have at supermarkets for produce. all i do is re-wrap my shisha in its original plastic, drop it in one of the thin bags, spin the bag to make a semi-seal, and throw it back in the original tub...

I have kept my AF Golden strawberry in the tub, in the bag thats cut open. no problems, still juice sitting in the bottom too. but i will probably be done with it before it would have a chance to dry out. i smoke alot. and change flavors almost every bowl.

Good old Ziplock freezer bags. The cheapest alternative albeit not reusable after that batch is up. Those Ziplock containers are great though. You can reuse them, good for an airtight seal, and for acclimating the 'baccy too

If your feeling ritzy, you can get glass mason jars from walmart or OSH, they seal air tight and look pretty nice too.

I literaly have twelve of those little containers sitting next to me...they work awesome, the only thing is after a while the airtightness starts to go down with time. But really, how long are you intending to keep this shisha around?

AF and AW tub are indeed, as you say, shit. I've got 4 of them in a back pack with my coals and single burner, because I take me hookah all over (and because my parents won't let me smoke here at home). It was good for a while but now the whole backpack is covered in juices from Orange Cream, Double Apple, and Mint. It makes for a really, really fun time... angry.gif

What I use for 50g packs is if you go out and buy those 100 pill campacity pill containers from like a pharmacy they charge you like 14-28 cents for one and it works like a charm!!

I am not sure if you have something like this in america at pharmacies or something like it or maybe available somewhere els?

It looks like this( you can get it in the 100 pill compacity) and only 1 cm of the lid is attached so when you pop it open at the top the lid is attached and does not fall of.

hope you guys/gals understand what I mean (sry could not find a better pic.

-H&S

QUOTE (KillZedKill @ Jul 21 2007, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your feeling ritzy, you can get glass mason jars from walmart or OSH, they seal air tight and look pretty nice too.

They are good, but they need a jar that is short, but wide. Acclimation takes a lot longer in a tall, thin jar...surface area open to air and depth of stuff to dry out, you know.

Another thing, the containers that Pharaoh's tobacco comes in is also great. Sometimes they need a little modding before it is awesome. Good 'baccy and good container, try it out sometime. House-ware stores sell containers of similar caliber but better quality because they are meant for food and ingredients. Invest some money into Crate & Barrel!

I liked the hookah shisha / other tall glass jars alot for a while, but then I got -slightly- annoyed with things like jam jars / mason jars because they are tall rather than wide so all the juice sinks to the bottom and its difficult to remix it because you can't reach your fingers to the bottom of the jar. Since then I have been trying to buy wider and shorter containers so a larger percentage of the shisha is sitting in the molasses at all times, and when I open it its easy to mix up with my fingers.

QUOTE (*HOT&SMOKING* @ Jul 21 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I use for 50g packs is if you go out and buy those 100 pill campacity pill containers from like a pharmacy they charge you like 14-28 cents for one and it works like a charm!!

I am not sure if you have something like this in america at pharmacies or something like it or maybe available somewhere els?

It looks like this( you can get it in the 100 pill compacity) and only 1 cm of the lid is attached so when you pop it open at the top the lid is attached and does not fall of.

hope you guys/gals understand what I mean (sry could not find a better pic.

-H&S

pill containers are not measured by pill capacity since pills and capsules vary in size and there is no standard measurement for it.
these containers are measured by "dram". most of the time if you look on the bottom of the container it will say "7 dram" or "15 dram" or whatever.
or you can use the cream containers that pharmacies use as they are twist-on/off lids. hmm... thats actually a very good idea. i think i saw some 250mL cream containers laying around my dad's pharmacy.