Whats Your Ride?

ezie

QUOTE (Calcartman @ Jul 25 2007, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont get a roadster to race.
No top = more torsion = slower.
And you could do a lot better for a race car. those are heavy.

Some what agree.

Nothing wrong with roadster, just a bunch of extra money for the Lambo. Not really slower either. It depends on what topless car you look at. Some of the more exotic cars are built to handle the top down with out any hickups.

However I do agree for a track car a Lambo is a terrible idea. Ferrari's are the same way, I would track them maybe once a year. But if oil changes are going to run a buck, plus if you put that thing into a tire wall. Not saying you are a bad driver, but there are some shitty ones out on the track. There is a video of a guy driving a Porsche who cuts the inside corner clips the camera car and sends it rolling into the wall. Now I understand if you have that much money for a Lambo then you should track it. But to me, a track car is something you get out there with and thrash around the corners (gracefully). Its not a car you want to worry about if it will make the drive home after the day, or how much your oil change will kill your pocket as well as tires.

But those are all reasons why everyone drives 15k base cars around on the track. Break something and its not 40k to fix. On top of that, spend that extra money and take some lessons. You will enjoy them, plus you get to thrash someone else's car.

This is when I also suggest you double check to make sure your car insurance covers track day. You hope you never need it, but have fun explaining how you hit a tire wall on the "high way."

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actualy let me add to my thoughts, If you have the change for a lamborghini or ferrari. but want an amazing track car,

why not a 997 gt3 for something new
or a Ruf rt12 /rgt.. nice thing about ruf is the car is pretty much custom and they have a center in dallas(addison) now so they are much easier to obtain than before

and hands down a used 993 turbo is an amazing track car, inexpensive and pently of aftermarket and track ready parts. Highly modable with just "bolt ons" Edited by claydo

QUOTE (claydo @ Jul 25 2007, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actualy let me add to my thoughts, If you have the change for a lamborghini or ferrari. but want an amazing track car,

or a Ruf rt12 /rgt.. nice thing about ruf is the car is pretty much custom and they have a center in dallas(addison) now so they are much easier to obtain than before

and hands down a used 993 turbo is an amazing track car, inexpensive and pently of aftermarket and track ready parts. Highly modable with just "bolt ons"

It would be more of a weekend car, and I wouldnt really take it to the tracks. Just something to drive on sundays, and maybe to work with me every once in a while. One of my friends has a Black Maserati Quattroporte, and a Black Ferrari M360 he switches off every other day to work

QUOTE (SammyDDS @ Jul 25 2007, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (claydo @ Jul 25 2007, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and hands down a used 993 turbo is an amazing track car, inexpensive and pently of aftermarket and track ready parts. Highly modable with just "bolt ons"

It would be more of a weekend car, and I wouldnt really take it to the tracks. Just something to drive on sundays, and maybe to work with me every once in a while. One of my friends has a Black Maserati Quattroporte, and a Black Ferrari M360 he switches off every other day to work

a 360 Challenge Stradale would still put a smile on your face.

QUOTE (SammyDDS @ Jul 25 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well in that case, Murci it is. biggrin.gif

Black on Black.

Can I have a ride?

QUOTE (claydo @ Jul 25 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah roadsters are no good, well any open(ish) top car. Friend found that out the hardway with a mk3 supra.. Im kind of a toyota fan boy given my love for the 7mgte and the jz series engines.

im looking into a USDM 2jz-gte for my lexus right now actually....

My fiance just told me that I should support america and get an american sports car like a viper or a corvette...I was laughing...I told her that american car companies make shitty cars. Then she said that as long as I dont get a Mercedes, BMW, or a Volkswagen she'll be fine because thats kind of like BUY US FUCK YOU for us Jews! I was laughing for like 20 minutes.

QUOTE (SammyDDS @ Jul 26 2007, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My fiance just told me that I should support america and get an american sports car like a viper or a corvette...I was laughing...I told her that american car companies make shitty cars. Then she said that as long as I dont get a Mercedes, BMW, or a Volkswagen she'll be fine because thats kind of like BUY US FUCK YOU for us Jews! I was laughing for like 20 minutes.

The germans were pretty stupid...They killed 6 million of their biggest customers...lol.

QUOTE (camelflage @ Jul 26 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (claydo @ Jul 25 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah roadsters are no good, well any open(ish) top car. Friend found that out the hardway with a mk3 supra.. Im kind of a toyota fan boy given my love for the 7mgte and the jz series engines.

im looking into a USDM 2jz-gte for my lexus right now actually....

bad ass, please keep me informed on what you do with it smile.gif

oh god now I have been laughing for 20 mins
she didn't mention porsche there did she, go for the gt3 or a Ruf

also don't let her know lambo is currently owned by VAG (volkswagen AG, Audi AG ) starting with 1998 Edited by claydo

Steve Saleen who?

1997 Honda Civic EX

its pretty much stock. only air intake, skunk2 coilovers, front&rear strut tower bars.

for sound i have an alpine cda-9827 head unit, pioneer 6.5" 2-way in the front, sony xplode 6x9 in the rear, and a JL Audio 250/1 amp powering a JL Audio 12W3-v2 in a sealed enclosure.

QUOTE (tehbluebeast @ Aug 1 2007, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Aug 1 2007, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tehbluebeast @ Aug 1 2007, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

12w6 with the 500/1?

Yes ive been running that for about a year and a half with no problems but its a 10W6.

yeah, i love JL.
the pioneer and sony coaxials that i use for mids and highs were meant to be temporary until i get enough money to buy JL coaxials along with a JL 4300 amp but its been well over a year now. i just cant seem to bring myself to spend over $1000 on more car audio. lol. maybe i will k eep the current coax's and just buy an amp.... hmm...

QUOTE (.cOLt.45. @ Jul 22 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well at the moment im 15 but im hoping on an 93 honda civic...price is good aaaand with some work can be quite a looker..and quite a car. teach me how to drift EL tongue.gif

Lol Civic..... boooooooooo you know what civics turn in to.....

lmao civics turn into awesome cars if you have the cash to do it:D

but im just waiting till i can save up enough green to get a lancer evo like cameron had before some idiot crashed into him...now he has grass in the windows

2004 Phantom Black Metallic GTO
Lets see if I can remember everything.....

Go fast:
Texas Speed & Performance Magic Stick v.4 camshaft - 238/242 .649/.609 111.5 LSA
Pacesetter 1 3/4" longtube headers
Custom dual 3" exhaust with x-pipe and race bullets
"Hardcore" custom 4" cold air intake
Home ported/polished throttle body
Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley
Conley's Performance dyno tune
420whp/390wtq, more power soon

Appearance:
18x8/18x9.5 TSW Thruxton with 245/40 and 275/35 Nitto NT555 rubber
PFYC Banshee carbon fiber hood
Custom tinted taillights (did those myself biggrin.gif )
Custom front end (loooong story)
Angel Eyes in headlights
8000k HID headlights/foglights

Stereo:
Pioneer AVIC-D3 double-din touch screen w/ nav and XM
Alpine Type S 6.5" door/rear speakers
Alpine MRP-F550 four channel
Alpine Type R 12" sub
Alpine MRP-M850 mono
(used to have 2 type Rs/2 MRP-850s, but 1600w RMS just for subs is too much lol)

And a Viper 791XV w/ remote start etc. for security.

QUOTE (Powered By Satan @ Aug 4 2007, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2004 Phantom Black Metallic GTO
Lets see if I can remember everything.....

Go fast:
Texas Speed & Performance Magic Stick v.4 camshaft - 238/242 .649/.609 111.5 LSA
Pacesetter 1 3/4" longtube headers
Custom dual 3" exhaust with x-pipe and race bullets
"Hardcore" custom 4" cold air intake
Home ported/polished throttle body
Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley
Conley's Performance dyno tune
420whp/390wtq, more power soon

Appearance:
18x8/18x9.5 TSW Thruxton with 245/40 and 275/35 Nitto NT555 rubber
PFYC Banshee carbon fiber hood
Custom tinted taillights (did those myself biggrin.gif )
Custom front end (loooong story)
Angel Eyes in headlights
8000k HID headlights/foglights

Stereo:
Pioneer AVIC-D3 double-din touch screen w/ nav and XM
Alpine Type S 6.5" door/rear speakers
Alpine MRP-F550 four channel
Alpine Type R 12" sub
Alpine MRP-M850 mono
(used to have 2 type Rs/2 MRP-850s, but 1600w RMS just for subs is too much lol)

And a Viper 791XV w/ remote start etc. for security.

Engine ci?

And that couldn't be real carbon fiber...? That stuff is RIDICULOUSLY expensive, and although it looks neat, it would serve little purpose on a hood.

Black = WIN

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Aug 4 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Engine ci?

And that couldn't be real carbon fiber...? That stuff is RIDICULOUSLY expensive, and although it looks neat, it would serve little purpose on a hood.

Black = WIN

Well, since apparently "Powered by Satan" isn't a good choice for a forum name, this is my new one.

Factory bottom end LS1, it's 346ci. Depending on whether the 2 exhaust valves I bent the other day messed up pistons, that may or may not change soon.

And yes, it's real carbon fiber. The bottom of the hood is fiberglass, the top part is carbon fiber (they're two completely separate forms, not one right on top of the other). The hood retails for about $1000, then add shipping on to that. Carbon fiber has a very big purpose for hoods....its extremely light weight (weight's a big problem with my car) and is also very strong. They wouldn't make cf hoods for all the cars they do if there were no purpose.

And yes, black definately = win ph34r.gif

QUOTE (LS1 FTW @ Aug 4 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They wouldn't make cf hoods for all the cars they do if there were no purpose.

Yes they would. Most people buy them for the look. Nobody's butt dyno can tell the difference in a 1/4 or 1/8 time with just a carbon hood and exhaust. rolleyes.gif
Carbon is nice for a few reasons. Besides weight and the fact that you can paint it to look stock. Its nice to lift when you work on your bay. And to add, carbon does look good on quite a few colors.

But I agree with everything else you said.

And for those with systems in their trunk. For the love of god please bolt your amp, sub and anything else you have free floating. Another driver just died recently due to their sub smashing into the back of their head in a collision. Others have been paralyzed because of it breaking their spine.